Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope every single minute of every single day the other inmates make her life a living hell.

I'm really surprised the nursery owners got off without punishment - surely that should be corporate manslaughter?
There may well be civil proceedings now the criminal case has concluded

Reactions: 21
2/3 to be served in prison and the remaining 1/3 on licence. The sentencing guidelines are 8 to 18 years, with a starting point of 12...tbh it's more than I was expecting.
I was also glad to see a decent sentence.

I hope she isn't given leave to appeal - it isn't a minute too long, and many would argue is 4 years too short (me among them)

Genevieve's family have been given a life sentence. Can they sue the nursery owners? I hope that they can, and do. This should never have happened.
---
There may well be civil proceedings now the criminal case has concluded
Thank you - you posted this just as I posted my query.

Reactions: 12
I'm so pleased that the family of Victoria Hall will finally get justice. Goodness knows how many other victims of Steve Wright there were before Victoria and in between her death and the crimes he was caught for.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
2/3 to be served in prison and the remaining 1/3 on licence. The sentencing guidelines are 8 to 18 years, with a starting point of 12...tbh it's more than I was expecting.
Thanks for this. Does this mean she could have been sentenced to between 8-18 years? What does the starting point of 12 mean?

Reactions: 3
I think the judge is wrong in deciding Roughley is not a danger to the wider public re: no life sentence. If she can kill even one baby, a crime so abhorrent it makes most of us feel sick to think about it, who is to say she won't kill more?

My heart goes out to Gigi's parents, reading them describing their pain made me cry. Her poor big sister, too.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Thanks for this. Does this mean she could have been sentenced to between 8-18 years? What does the starting point of 12 mean?
They start from a sentence of 12 years and time is then either deducted for mitigating factors or added on for aggravating factors but the full sentence must still fall within the 8-18 years time frame.

Reactions: 11
The CCTV the jury had to watch must have been horrific. I don't know how you would ever get that out of your mind.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
German pro-pedophile activist group Krumme-13 (K13), which is described in German media as a so-called “self-help” organization for “pedosexuals,” have issued an announcement to its members offering legal advice to circumvent the law until the bill is passed.

WTF. This is all vile. What's wrong with Germany?!
I am so repulsed by this I don't even know what to say.

Why would any country do this? Utterly horrifying beyond belief. Where on earth are we headed? I am as ever so relieved I didn't have children.

Reactions: 10
12 years is more than I expected (although I would like it to be more). I do hope that there can be action taken against the owners.

Reactions: 9
I am quite hardened to stuff generally but I just can't bear to read read anything about Genevieve.

The betrayal of trust is just sickening. To put your trust in someone to care for your innocent baby is huge. For most parents they probably feel guilty enough about using childcare, spent hours finding the right setting etc.

I'm not one for vengeance usually but if my child came to serious harm in a setting that was supposed to care for her in loco parentis I think I'd struggle not to spend the rest of my life destroying the person who did its life. Prison would just be the start.

Her poor, poor parents. I don't know how you'd ever trust anyone ever again. I don't think I'd ever be able to let them out of my sight again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Watching the first ep of cold cases after reading here and Jesus H Christ!

How bleeping mad (great) is it that they could get dna from a case in 1983!!!!! I’m 40 next year and that assault happened before even I was born!!!!! Utterly mind blowing that they could get a suspect in 2022! Thanks to whoever recommended 💙

Reactions: 13
I'm so pleased that the family of Victoria Hall will finally get justice. Goodness knows how many other victims of Steve Wright there were before Victoria and in between her death and the crimes he was caught for.
I remembered this a week or so back and wondered if there had been any further action. How many families out there waiting for justice lost their loved ones to this bastard?

Poor girl just a few yards from home after her first nightclub visit 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Well, hang on - let's see what the evidence is first maybe.....?

For those that haven't seen the story:

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I hope every single minute of every single day the other inmates make her life a living hell.

I'm really surprised the nursery owners got off without punishment - surely that should be corporate manslaughter?
I wonder if that can’t be done until this verdict was in, or even if it has been done but is under reporting restrictions so as to not influence this trial
---
I think the judge is wrong in deciding Roughley is not a danger to the wider public re: no life sentence. If she can kill even one baby, a crime so abhorrent it makes most of us feel sick to think about it, who is to say she won't kill more?

My heart goes out to Gigi's parents, reading them describing their pain made me cry. Her poor big sister, too.
I hope there will be restrictions on her working with children after her release, so they think the risk is minimal.

God forbid she ever has her own baby

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Civil proceedings can’t start until the criminal trial is concluded.
I am sure they will sue. The “ management “ if you can call them that have conveniently fucked off to their house in France.
Utter disgrace.
There were NO mitigating circumstances here. She should have got longer.
I am so upset by this case. Bless that little mite.

Reactions: 20
I wonder if that can’t be done until this verdict was in, or even if it has been done but is under reporting restrictions so as to not influence this trial
---

I hope there will be restrictions on her working with children after her release, so they think the risk is minimal.

God forbid she ever has her own baby
Hopefully that's very unlikely. She'll be 46 when she gets out if she serves around 9 years.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.