Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like they should build bank holidays into all their fees rather than specifically charging for a day they aren’t open. They don’t refuse to let your child into nursery on a random Tuesday yet still charge you because their key worker is on annual leave so obviously that’s built in, bank holidays could and should be too.
I agree. The greedy nurseries should use their massive profits to pay their staff for bank holidays rather than passing the cost onto the poor parents who are shafted enough.

It’s not like their daily rate covers just the staff salaries either - it’s all of their overheads (food, power) that won’t be used on a BH. So it’s a con.
---
I think the rumoured name on X is an ex BBC sports news presenter who won strictly. But it could be anyone. Normal people were presenting MOTD so unlikely to be Linekar\Shearer\Wright.

But there are so many Sky presenters that it could be... its hard to say.

ETA its likely their child was the victim given the ages involved and the length of time of the abuse, which is very sad.
The name being circulated is a Sky Sports presenter called Tom White who has deleted his LinkedIn and Instagram profiles.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I haven't listened to it yet,I don't want to be one of those people but my mum has often said there is something not quite right about the dad.she said it about mick phillpott the moment she heard that story....another wrong un
What I didn't know was that he was a part of her friend group in the pub behind her house, the Nags Head which seems central to her social life. Which is a little weird, a load of people in their 30's and then her Dad. A few people said there was something 'mysterious' about their relationship. The podcast reveals there is a back alleyway that goes unviewed from the pub to the back of her house.

There is a lot of interview recording from a friend from the pub, Jen, who is very much of the opinion that her dad was gold, and a great man. But there's a few things she says that had my hackles up. One being that he changed 'overnight' to having a quavering voice from having a dominant voice.

Then there is also the case that something happened between him and her mother that caused an unamendable rift. He had serious money problems despite being a solicitor. He campaigned to get the law changed so that when someone is missing, their family can seize control of their assets and accounts to close them, and he was successful.

Then there is also the fact that her friend contacted him 2 days after she missed work to say she couldn't get through to her. He reported her to the police as missing BEFORE even ringing her sister or Mum to see if she was with them.

This 'appointed spokesman' friend, Martin Dales he had also (this is mad) had control of self installed CCTV cameras all over the town. One woman says 'if there were some kids messing around, you could call Martin and he would look and tell you who it was and you could speak to their parents'. The podcaster infers he finds this very very strange, as do I.

In summary, I think the podcast is hinting the dad had very serious money problems, and poor Claudia could be collateral for that. Not suggesting he did it, the podcast suggests there are some very dodgy people in that town who are actively threatening anyone who goes near it. The podcaster was warned off by a friend who had a connection, who then blocked him on all socials when he said he was going ahead with the podcast.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
What I didn't know was that he was a part of her friend group in the pub behind her house, the Nags Head which seems central to her social life. Which is a little weird, a load of people in their 30's and then her Dad. A few people said there was something 'mysterious' about their relationship. The podcast reveals there is a back alleyway that goes unviewed from the pub to the back of her house.

There is a lot of interview recording from a friend from the pub, Jen, who is very much of the opinion that her dad was gold, and a great man. But there's a few things she says that had my hackles up. One being that he changed 'overnight' to having a quavering voice from having a dominant voice.

Then there is also the case that something happened between him and her mother that caused an unamendable rift. He had serious money problems despite being a solicitor. He campaigned to get the law changed so that when someone is missing, their family can seize control of their assets and accounts to close them, and he was successful.

Then there is also the fact that her friend contacted him 2 days after she missed work to say she couldn't get through to her. He reported her to the police as missing BEFORE even ringing her sister or Mum to see if she was with them.

This 'appointed spokesman' friend, Martin Dales he had also (this is mad) had control of self installed CCTV cameras all over the town. One woman says 'if there were some kids messing around, you could call Martin and he would look and tell you who it was and you could speak to their parents'. The podcaster infers he finds this very very strange, as do I.

In summary, I think the podcast is hinting the dad had very serious money problems, and poor Claudia could be collateral for that. Not suggesting he did it, the podcast suggests there are some very dodgy people in that town who are actively threatening anyone who goes near it. The podcaster was warned off by a friend who had a connection, who then blocked him on all socials when he said he was going ahead with the podcast.
Oooh brilliant thankyou for this detailed reply.id love to listen to this podcast!!!
The mystery of her disappearance and Andrew gosden absolutely terrify me and fascinate me at the same time.

Reactions: 13
Has anyone been watching the new documentary series on C4 tonight, Imposter: The Man Who Came back from the Dead?
It's about Nicholas Rossi AKA Arthur Knight.

Really enjoying it so far. It's made me laugh a few times, how pathetic and deluded he and his wife come across. There has been a few twists and turns so far and it's really well made I think.

I think all four eps on are available on catch-up already.
Yes I watched it. Cannot believe this actually happened! At first I thought the slightly comedic tone was a bit inappropriate but his hideous deeds have been described very well and with the seriousness they deserve.

The wife reminds me a bit of Milky Sue for some reason, the way she speaks possibly.

Reactions: 2
Is that cold case series showing on BBC2 last night a new one? The second Episode is tonight ... Cold Case Investigators: Solving Britains Sex Crimes.
It was an ok watch also 👍🏼

Reactions: 4
Just to echo everyone’s thoughts, I can’t stop thinking about baby Genevieve too. It’s hurting my heart so much, that poor baby. How could that evil scum do that and then have left her for so long crying to the point her body was giving up and still they did nothing. Why was it not murder? 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Is that cold case series showing on BBC2 last night a new one? The second Episode is tonight ... Cold Case Investigators: Solving Britains Sex Crimes.
It was an ok watch also 👍🏼
Yes a new one off 2 episode special - it was featured on the BBC News app as otherwise I wouldn't have known it was on.

Reactions: 4

This is so interesting to me - I’d never heard anything negative about Claudia’s father before and of course, he was so vocal and committed about finding his daughter.

I had read that he drank with her at the pub. The impression I got was that he would stay for a couple but perhaps not - perhaps he was very much involved in the scene. He was red-faced which can sometimes indicate a heavy drinker.

He was separated from Claudia’s mother, although I don’t know when they broke up or why.

The information about money troubles is new to me. I assumed there was a little money in the family as Claudia was a homeowner (working as a university chef and living on her own, you could assume her family helped her to get on the property ladder) and also her house hasn’t been sold, nor rented out as far as I can ascertain, which you’d expect to happen if they weren’t financially secure.

Sorry - I’m barely adding to the conversation with this post but I’m fascinated by this twist.

Reactions: 19
This is so interesting to me - I’d never heard anything negative about Claudia’s father before and of course, he was so vocal and committed about finding his daughter.

I had read that he drank with her at the pub. The impression I got was that he would stay for a couple but perhaps not - perhaps he was very much involved in the scene. He was red-faced which can sometimes indicate a heavy drinker.

He was separated from Claudia’s mother, although I don’t know when they broke up or why.

The information about money troubles is new to me. I assumed there was a little money in the family as Claudia was a homeowner (working as a university chef and living on her own, you could assume her family helped her to get on the property ladder) and also her house hasn’t been sold, nor rented out as far as I can ascertain, which you’d expect to happen if they weren’t financially secure.

Sorry - I’m barely adding to the conversation with this post but I’m fascinated by this twist.
Same!! Forgive me for being dumb but a apple podcast can you only hear from a ipad or iPhone.sorry unsure on these things.

Same!! Forgive me for being dumb but a apple podcast can you only hear from a ipad or iPhone.sorry unsure on these things.
Most podcasts are available on multiple apps now so you should be able to find ir

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just to echo everyone’s thoughts, I can’t stop thinking about baby Genevieve too. It’s hurting my heart so much, that poor baby. How could that evil scum do that and then have left her for so long crying to the point her body was giving up and still they did nothing. Why was it not murder? 😔
I think they'd struggle to prove intention and tbh I don't think she did intend for her to die - I think she was trying to punish her for simply being a baby and doing what babies do, because it had pissed her off for whatever stupid reason. She was either too stupid or too complacent to realise what could happen whilst trying to get one up on a poor defenceless baby.

• Sad
Thanks guys I'm 34 and never have a clue about technology.honestly I'm so useless

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Yes I hadn't either, but this was coming directly from her Mum who is on the show herself. She said that despite him being a legal partner in a construction\land purchase firm he had more going out than he had coming in. Someone also implies that he may have taken money from the Claudia Lawrence fund - although he's since died and they cant corroborate that or trace where all the money went.

There seems to be a lot of resentment there on her behalf - particularly about him speaking to the press\communicating with the press without her or her other daughters consent. She is also quite critical of the fact that the picture we are familiar with (which he gave to the press) was not what she looked like at the time of her disappearance. In the photo she has bronzy\dark blonde hair, when in real life she had very dark hair. She is clearly devastated that the press ran with the 'scarlet woman' theory and implicitly blamed Claudia for her own disappearance or murder.

Oh I forgot about this too - apparently he told the Mail that claudia had declined his offer of a lift to work (3 miles away) because the 'weather was beautiful'. Except she should have set off at 5am and it was March 19th, in which it is still dark at 5am.

1716298835157.png

• Heart
I have listened to a podcast on Claudia Lawrence before.
It’s clear that there was no love lost between Claudia’s parents after her disappearance ( murder I think )
She said the police only informed her husband of developments and never her.
She’s very scathing of North Yorkshire police even now.
Edited to add - her ex husband as they were divorced at that time.

Reactions: 9
Yes I hadn't either, but this was coming directly from her Mum who is on the show herself. She said that despite him being a legal partner in a construction\land purchase firm he had more going out than he had coming in. Someone also implies that he may have taken money from the Claudia Lawrence fund - although he's since died and they cant corroborate that or trace where all the money went.

There seems to be a lot of resentment there on her behalf - particularly about him speaking to the press\communicating with the press without her or her other daughters consent. She is also quite critical of the fact that the picture we are familiar with (which he gave to the press) was not what she looked like at the time of her disappearance. In the photo she has bronzy\dark blonde hair, when in real life she had very dark hair. She is clearly devastated that the press ran with the 'scarlet woman' theory and implicitly blamed Claudia for her own disappearance or murder.

Oh I forgot about this too - apparently he told the Mail that claudia had declined his offer of a lift to work (3 miles away) because the 'weather was beautiful'. Except she should have set off at 5am and it was March 19th, in which it is still dark at 5am.

View attachment 2949052
Thank you for all this detail - so fascinating.

I’m not saying that I disbelieve the mum but it’s interesting that she didn’t speak out so loudly when he was around.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I’m not saying that I disbelieve the mum but it’s interesting that she didn’t speak out so loudly when he was around.
I think she's clearly very vulnerable, she's elderly and a victim of crime. She also comes across as slightly delusional, thinking Claudia might not have had affairs because of a Christian upbringing. Which is a bit mad.

Theres also a bit where she visits her house. She has retained the keys and it is semi untouched (for example, Claudias clothes are still in the wardrobe) but her bed is missing etc. She thinks someone has been in the house frequently without her knowing. She describes how painful it is to think of people looking in the windows as they pass and goggling at her stuff so she makes sure the curtains are closed every time, and yet when they visit again, the curtains are open. So who knows what is going on.

It certainly sounds like people know more than they are saying, which echoes what the police have said.

The bombshell at the end with the witness who has had a sort of confession, the podcaster leaves saying they will need to do more investigation. So there will be more episodes I think. Its very well put together.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Did anyone see Abused by mum: The Ruby Franke Scandal? It was on channel 5 on Sunday

Reactions: 3

Same!! I wasn't aware of all the complex issues.i always thought it was odd that she never said much when he was alive.especially as they are divorced it's not as if he would of been the spokes person for both if that makes any sense lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.