Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand how none of the other staff present that day aren’t facing criminal charges too? It happens when one parent harms a child the other is charged with allowing it so what’s different here

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I don’t understand how none of the other staff present that day aren’t facing criminal charges too? It happens when one parent harms a child the other is charged with allowing it so what’s different here
I agree.

Even if she was in a managerial position, common humanity tells you that a baby isn't left to struggle in distress the way this poor little love was.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Glad she was found guilty. Like others have said I don't understand why the whole nursery wasn't prosecuted but just her. That poor baby, how terrified she must've been. I hope she gets a long time but it will probably be 8 years or something.

Reactions: 21
Oh it’s such an absolutely awful story, what a gorgeous little girl. It’s actually made me cry reading it and seeing her face. Thinking about what those poor parents have gone through. And poor Genevieve must have suffered so much in that time. I’m so so sad for these little lives who get it ripped away from them not even given a chance 😢💔

giving my little girl extra cuddles tonight 🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Glad she was found guilty. Like others have said I don't understand why the whole nursery wasn't prosecuted but just her. That poor baby, how terrified she must've been. I hope she gets a long time but it will probably be 8 years or something.
Im not sure what the criteria are for being charged with causing or allowing the death of a child. I guess the CPS decided, on balance, it was preferable just to put Kate Roughley on trial. Unless charges are brought later?

Reactions: 4
Im not sure what the criteria are for being charged with causing or allowing the death of a child. I guess the CPS decided, on balance, it was preferable just to put Kate Roughley on trial. Unless charges are brought later?
I would like to think so.

But I can't imagine it will do the nursery absentee owners' reputations any good - learning what low staffing levels there are, and how there is a general culture of neglect.

Nursery places are bliddy expensive- son and daughter-in-law pay £80/day for my grandson's place, and if he's unable to go because he's unwell, it still has to be paid for*. People have a right to be confident that their children will be properly looked after and that there will be a decent staff-to-child ratio that will enable this.

*Understandably - staff still have to be paid

Reactions: 11
I would like to think so.

But I can't imagine it will do the nursery absentee owners' reputations any good - learning what low staffing levels there are, and how there is a general culture of neglect.

Nursery places are bliddy expensive- son and daughter-in-law pay £80/day for my grandson's place, and if he's unable to go because he's unwell, it still has to be paid for*. People have a right to be confident that their children will be properly looked after and that there will be a decent staff-to-child ratio that will enable this.

*Understandably - staff still have to be paid
They will also be taking a child on an extra day when kids are absent and therefore be making 2x the fee that day

They will also be taking a child on an extra day when kids are absent and therefore be making 2x the fee that day
We had to pay for bank holidays even though they weren't physically open meaning people who did have to work on those days had to fork out for childcare twice.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Has anyone listened to the new Claudia Lawrence murder podcast? Its called Answers for Claudia. Its really good quality I found. Unfortunately its not on any of the free streaming platforms but I signed up for a free trial and finished it in a day.

He spends time with her mother, who is as determined and forward looking as she can be, but she seems incredibly vulnerable. People coming up to her on the street saying they've tracked Claudia to Spain. The journalist treats her very sensitively and is as outraged at the people stepping over the line as I was. I do think her Mum has a very sheltered image of what her daughter was like, said she wouldnt have engaged in relationships\affairs because she had a Christian upbringing.

Its not particularly flattering to her father, the friends from the pub or her families 'self appointed spokesman' (who has no experience in the role). One of the friends from the pub says 'statistically it should have been one of us, statistically it probably was one of us' which is bizarre. People seem to hint at a strange relationship with him but no one will say anything on record.

There is a suggestion at the end that she was murdered for financial reasons and that her body has been destroyed. They have a credible witness who had a confession relayed to them as a threat 'do this or I'll have you done in like they did Claudia Lawrence' They do mention the fathers financial problems a lot in the podcast and there is a section about the Claudia Lawrence fund, which took money which is now unaccounted for.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I had dreadful anxiety when my daughter was born. I couldn’t bear the thought of leaving her. I couldn’t bring myself to send her to nursery so I gave up quite a lucrative career and cared for her at home. She was such a timid little dot and I’d torture myself at the thought that someone wouldnt be kind or comfort her when she cried. But never, not in my worst nightmares did I imagine a scenario as hideous as the one that unfolded for Genevieve.
That poor dear little baby, crying for her mummy. And her poor mother, i can’t imagine how she can even breath - the trauma shes been through,
I hope the judge throws the book at her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Has anyone listened to the new Claudia Lawrence murder podcast? Its called Answers for Claudia. Its really good quality I found. Unfortunately its not on any of the free streaming platforms but I signed up for a free trial and finished it in a day.

He spends time with her mother, who is as determined and forward looking as she can be, but she seems incredibly vulnerable. People coming up to her on the street saying they've tracked Claudia to Spain. The journalist treats her very sensitively and is as outraged at the people stepping over the line as I was. I do think her Mum has a very sheltered image of what her daughter was like, said she wouldnt have engaged in relationships\affairs because she had a Christian upbringing.

Its not particularly flattering to her father, the friends from the pub or her families 'self appointed spokesman' (who has no experience in the role). One of the friends from the pub says 'statistically it should have been one of us, statistically it probably was one of us' which is bizarre. People seem to hint at a strange relationship with him but no one will say anything on record.

There is a suggestion at the end that she was murdered for financial reasons and that her body has been destroyed. They have a credible witness who had a confession relayed to them as a threat 'do this or I'll have you done in like they did Claudia Lawrence' They do mention the fathers financial problems a lot in the podcast and there is a section about the Claudia Lawrence fund, which took money which is now unaccounted for.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to have a listen now. The case has always interested me.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t understand the bean bag and harness?? Is that contraption normal? Like is it sold at Mamas and Papas? I can’t visualise it and I’m not going to google it because it makes me shudder but is it legal? Excuse my ignorance but I can’t imagine how and why anyone caring for babies would think it’s a good idea.

I never put my children in nursery. It wasn’t some great, thoughtful decision - someone told me childminders were preferable because the kids didn’t get as sick as often as they did spending their days with 30 odd kids. The kids loved her and her husband - they were both registered childminders and they only had a handful of kids. It’s such a struggle handing over your baby to a stranger. My eldest started when he was eighteen months and walking and my youngest started at nine months and I really had a hard time because I knew the childminders would be carrying my baby all day long.

I had the luxury of us not needing my wage, but I wanted to continue working because before you know it, the youngest is in year 7 and you become redundant.

Poor little Genevieve and her parents. It could have been any of us.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t understand the bean bag and harness?? Is that contraption normal? Like is it sold at Mamas and Papas? I can’t visualise it and I’m not going to google it because it makes me shudder but is it legal? Excuse my ignorance but I can’t imagine how and why anyone caring for babies would think it’s a good idea.

I never put my children in nursery. It wasn’t some great, thoughtful decision - someone told me childminders were preferable because the kids didn’t get as sick as often as they did spending their days with 30 odd kids. The kids loved her and her husband - they were both registered childminders and they only had a handful of kids. It’s such a struggle handing over your baby to a stranger. My eldest started when he was eighteen months and walking and my youngest started at nine months and I really had a hard time because I knew the childminders would be carrying my baby all day long.

I had the luxury of us not needing my wage, but I wanted to continue working because before you know it, the youngest is in year 7 and you become redundant.

Think it's this kind of thing. Unimaginable that someone could think it's ok to place a baby face down on it.

1716238407015.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
They are a proper baby seat and are common but should never be used for sleeping and certainly not face down

Reactions: 3

previous poster is correct….they are supposed to be used like this (baby on their back) for newborns only x

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Think it's this kind of thing. Unimaginable that someone could think it's ok to place a baby face down on it.

View attachment 2947925
I had my last baby in 2012 and new products come out fast. I thought I had the mother of all buggies in 08 but by ‘12 it was like an old fashioned Cadillac.

Thanks for the picture but I just can’t believe anyone would think placing a baby face down on that with a blanket covering them as a ‘good’ idea FFS. I’m even more horrified by that woman and her colleagues.

I'm beyond horrified at what that evil evil witch done to a 9 month old baby.

When my youngest was days old i went into the kitchen leaving her in her moses basket in the living room and I then heard a weird noise, she'd managed to get her newborn comforter over her nose/mouth and couldn't breathe. I threw the thing as far from the basket as possible and she didn't get it back until about 3 months later. Now she's 3 and I still can't get it off her!

And that was an accident and I felt like the worst person in the world, how can anyone think to do that to a baby? Especially at 9 months as they'll be sitting etc so she probably strapped her in tight to stop her moving.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.