Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I too was terrified of leaving my children with anyone, and in the end chose a nursery rather than a minder, as I reasoned there would be more policy, processes, people coming and going etc so less chance of neglect or something bad happening. As parents we all tie ourselves in knots trying to do the right thing.

I hope she goes to prison for the longest possible time.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We had to pay for bank holidays even though they weren't physically open meaning people who did have to work on those days had to fork out for childcare twice.
I really don’t understand this. I understand paying for days your child is sick and I understand paying for a bank holiday if they are open and you’re just choosing not to use them but paying for a day they aren’t physically open has always seemed ridiculous to me.

And from talking to other parents all it seems to do is ensure Monday is a very quiet day for them with only people who absolutely need Monday, everyone else who is doing 4/3/2 days or has any flexibility (eg a day with grandparents) doesn’t want Monday because of all the days you’re paying for for duck all.

Reactions: 5
previous poster is correct….they are supposed to be used like this (baby on their back) for newborns only x
It's shocking that these are meant to be for newborns and all the images there are modelled by newborns. The fact that that poor girl was face down on one of those, strapped down at 9 months old. Just sickening and I understand why parents would worry about sending their children to nursery especially after reading this.

Reactions: 14
I really don’t understand this. I understand paying for days your child is sick and I understand paying for a bank holiday if they are open and you’re just choosing not to use them but paying for a day they aren’t physically open has always seemed ridiculous to me.

And from talking to other parents all it seems to do is ensure Monday is a very quiet day for them with only people who absolutely need Monday, everyone else who is doing 4/3/2 days or has any flexibility (eg a day with grandparents) doesn’t want Monday because of all the days you’re paying for for duck all.
Nursery staff still need to be paid though

Reactions: 1
I feel like they should build bank holidays into all their fees rather than specifically charging for a day they aren’t open. They don’t refuse to let your child into nursery on a random Tuesday yet still charge you because their key worker is on annual leave so obviously that’s built in, bank holidays could and should be too.

Reactions: 12
I don’t understand why that beanbag was even there. They are no newborns in the nursery, surely?! It looks completely unsafe for older babies.

Reactions: 6

Exactly! With our oldest we had no choice but full time as we're alone/no family close by and had to be in the office every day. Since covid we've been home 95% of the time so the youngest is part time and always has been, deliberately avoided Mondays and Fridays because of this.
---
I agree, I also think they're vastly underpaid for the work they do but that's a whole other rant!

Has anyone been watching the new documentary series on C4 tonight, Imposter: The Man Who Came back from the Dead?
It's about Nicholas Rossi AKA Arthur Knight.

Really enjoying it so far. It's made me laugh a few times, how pathetic and deluded he and his wife come across. There has been a few twists and turns so far and it's really well made I think.

I think all four eps on are available on catch-up already.

I can't stop thinking of poor Genevieve and her family. No child of that age should know fear and pain and she came to know it in her final moments. Her little life ended so cruelly, it's sad beyond words and has brought me to tears.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Two of Chad Daybell's deluded kids - Garth and Emma - testified for the defense today. Abysmal. They both have that indoctrinated LDS voice. I was shocked to learn that Garth believes in and teaches evolution though. Perhaps his only saving grace

Bloody Hell!

---
Avid Gardener and more Redheaded League drama...

---
Bloody Hell!

---
Avid Gardener and more Redheaded League drama...

Sorry...
The Avid Gardener... Redheaded League drama was intended for the Harry and Meghan thread...
Clearly an organised campaign of harassment, stalking, death threats, doxxing, swatting etc, has no place on a thread dealing with crime.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Wonder who this is & why it's not mainstream news?

It’s been talked about over on the secret celebrity gossip page and there’s a name going round on Twitter/X. I think there must be reporting restrictions because of the nature of the accusations and the age of the victim might make them identifiable which is against the law.

Reactions: 2
I can't stop thinking of poor Genevieve and her family. No child of that age should know fear and pain and she came to know it in her final moments. Her little life ended so cruelly, it's sad beyond words and has brought me to tears.
I saw her picture last night, her little face 😞
I cannot comprehend how anyone could do that to a child. They have to be evil or a psychopath?
The picture of Genevieve's mum with a single tear rolling down her face is devastating to see. I cannot begin to imagine the pain they will live in for the rest of their lives.
If that woman gets a pathetic sentence like 4 years then it will be an insult to Genevieve's memory.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s been talked about over on the secret celebrity gossip page and there’s a name going round on Twitter/X. I think there must be reporting restrictions because of the nature of the accusations and the age of the victim might make them identifiable which is against the law.
Ooh has it, I didn't realise as I've not been on that thread for a good while so maybe time for a visit & catch up over there 👍

Reactions: 1
Devastated for little Genevieve parents, my own anxiety around nursery’s and childcare led me to only put my children into them when they could talk, so that if anyone harmed them they could at least tell me.. isn’t that a awful way to feel!

I refused one nursery based on the average age of the nursery workers.. too young and IMO had a off hand approach to the children…
One had a swimming pool.. big bleeping no..

Anyway.. I hope this disgusting woman gets the highest sentence possible. And rots

Has anyone been watching the new documentary series on C4 tonight, Imposter: The Man Who Came back from the Dead?
It's about Nicholas Rossi AKA Arthur Knight.

Really enjoying it so far. It's made me laugh a few times, how pathetic and deluded he and his wife come across. There has been a few twists and turns so far and it's really well made I think.

I think all four eps on are available on catch-up already.
Going to watch later! I'm looking forward to hearing his bs.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone listened to the new Claudia Lawrence murder podcast? Its called Answers for Claudia. Its really good quality I found. Unfortunately its not on any of the free streaming platforms but I signed up for a free trial and finished it in a day.

He spends time with her mother, who is as determined and forward looking as she can be, but she seems incredibly vulnerable. People coming up to her on the street saying they've tracked Claudia to Spain. The journalist treats her very sensitively and is as outraged at the people stepping over the line as I was. I do think her Mum has a very sheltered image of what her daughter was like, said she wouldnt have engaged in relationships\affairs because she had a Christian upbringing.

Its not particularly flattering to her father, the friends from the pub or her families 'self appointed spokesman' (who has no experience in the role). One of the friends from the pub says 'statistically it should have been one of us, statistically it probably was one of us' which is bizarre. People seem to hint at a strange relationship with him but no one will say anything on record.

There is a suggestion at the end that she was murdered for financial reasons and that her body has been destroyed. They have a credible witness who had a confession relayed to them as a threat 'do this or I'll have you done in like they did Claudia Lawrence' They do mention the fathers financial problems a lot in the podcast and there is a section about the Claudia Lawrence fund, which took money which is now unaccounted for.
I haven't listened to it yet,I don't want to be one of those people but my mum has often said there is something not quite right about the dad.she said it about mick phillpott the moment she heard that story....another wrong un

Beautiful Genevieve, I can't imagine how her parents must feel. I hope that woman gets at least 10 years although I suspect it will be more like 6-7. I also can't fathom why the beanbag was being used regularly at the nursery for sleeping, it sounds like there were unsafe practices going on there. I wouldn't want my nursery aged child sleeping on something like that.

Just reading this case
and whilst I can understand that as a parent you want to protect your child, I don't know that I would have been arguing against a custodial in this circs, it's not like a single violent act ie he pushed her down the stairs whilst on drugs, he beat her to death, a sustained attack over a period of time :( It's absolutely horrific. She must have been terrified.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Wonder who this is & why it's not mainstream news?

I think the rumoured name on X is an ex BBC sports news presenter who won strictly. But it could be anyone. Normal people were presenting MOTD so unlikely to be Linekar\Shearer\Wright.

But there are so many Sky presenters that it could be... its hard to say.

ETA its likely their child was the victim given the ages involved and the length of time of the abuse, which is very sad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.