Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He still got a better deal out of it all. He’s not going to face any prison time, he’ll get certain privileges because he’s in a prison hospital and because it’s ‘indefinite’ there is a possibility that he could be released, something which wouldn’t have happened if he got a whole life tariff for murder. So his victims families are going to spend the rest of their lives or Calocane’s life having to work to make sure he’s behind bars.
Yet he’s the criminal?
Well done English justice, carry on failing the victims of crime!
I genuinely believe hospital is the best place for him. I'm not taking away any pain the families have, what happened to their loved ones was horrendous but putting him in alongside other prisoners and him not being monitored to take his medication is dangerous to prisoners and officers. Hospitals aren't a nice place to be, he will forced medication, all the other prisoners are also unwell and will be doped up for a long time. Unfortunately the families need to accept that he won't face a prison sentence now they have appealed.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
They're now all over an Audi A5 outside a corner shop - girl who looks mildly like her getting in. Someone's desperately trying to stop the rumor as it's already been confirmed not her but it's still being posted constantly. Someone's even posted the Audi with reg. Mad
All of this rubbish has got to make the police search more difficult.

What is it that makes so many people so desperate for their moment in the spotlight.

If they've got genuine info - fair enough - GIVE IT TO THE POLICE.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I genuinely believe hospital is the best place for him. I'm not taking away any pain the families have, what happened to their loved ones was horrendous but putting him in alongside other prisoners and him not being monitored to take his medication is dangerous to prisoners and officers. Hospitals aren't a nice place to be, he will forced medication, all the other prisoners are also unwell and will be doped up for a long time. Unfortunately the families need to accept that he won't face a prison sentence now they have appealed.

100% agree. & I'm sorry for the families and their loss but families should NEVER be allowed to influence such cases - juries are completely impartial for a reason.

Reactions: 20
I have to agree I can’t see either of them being found guilty of murder. The fact the jury have been out for 2 days leads me to think they will be not guilty. I personally think he his guilty of murder and think Pereria had a lot more involvement.
Agree - and I guess we won't hear anything now until beginning of next week, unless they come back this afternoon.

100% agree. & I'm sorry for the families and their loss but families should NEVER be allowed to influence such cases - juries are completely impartial for a reason.
Exactly, the judge sentenced him to an hospital order and would've followed guidelines etc. I know they have every right to appeal and can do so but they wouldn't put a mentally unwell person in prison, having him in a hospital away from the community for probably his life is a safe solution for everyone.

Reactions: 17
Has this case been discussed here yet?

Murder of a 27 year old woman in a property in West London - the suspect immediately fled the country and no details have been released about this person.

Supposedly she was letting the property as an AirBnb and the guest offered £30k for the month - she returned early one morning to respond to an ‘emergency’ at the property and was found stabbed to death the next morning after friends raised concerns. The more I read into it the stranger it all seems.

I don’t know why but it’s really spooked me. It’s really sad and I hope they get justice for Angela and her family.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
A body has been found they believe to be Leah, sensibly someone has muted the Facebook group. Very sad news.

• Sad
Reactions: 15

I'm not sure if anyone has been following this case. I hate the not proven verdict here, it's just so stupid. He will probably get 2 years and be back out. He knew the body was there, he knew the murder had taken place, he spent his money and buried his body. He was 100% compliant and defeating the ends of is a tit verdict.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 7

Murder of a 27 year old woman in a property in West London - the suspect immediately fled the country and no details have been released about this person.

Supposedly she was letting the property as an AirBnb and the guest offered £30k for the month - she returned early one morning to respond to an ‘emergency’ at the property and was found stabbed to death the next morning after friends raised concerns. The more I read into it the stranger it all seems.

I don’t know why but it’s really spooked me. It’s really sad and I hope they get justice for Angela and her family.

This whole thing is weird, I still can’t get over that her boyfriend was texting her through the air bnb app. Hopefully they find the suspect quickly.

Reactions: 12

There's not been much interest in this from the true crime community but I'm really curious as to what could have happened so I've been checking for updates but there's still barely any info out there. It does come across very strange, with a lot of little details that would make you go hmmm.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The jury went out on the Kate Roughley trial today. I’m absolutely disgusted at the details that have emerged during the trial. To die in such a way is unimaginably cruel, positional asphyxia and physiological stress- basically tortured to death. I can’t stop thinking about her and her poor parents. When my daughter was tiny she had kicked her blanket loose and up onto her face while I was in the shower. The absolute state of her by the time I got back (after about 10 minutes) was horrible, I felt so guilty. She’s a schoolgirl now but I still remember it vividly. This poor baby was left for over an hour and a half. The attitude of the “woman” supposed to be caring for her is sickening. She treated that baby as less than human, just an object that was annoying to her. I can picture how she was as well as I have come across her type in my years as a nurse. Thinking she’s the big fish in a small pond, wielding power over vulnerable people, treating her work environment like her own kingdom. If she doesn’t like the child they are treated with contempt. How can you take a dislike to a 9 month old baby girl? Deliberately ignoring her cries of distress because you see her as an annoyance. Only caring about completing tasks, with little regard for the effects it’s having on the little ones totally dependent on you to keep them safe. Losing your humanity by ignoring that of others. The people working alongside her and in charge also should be punished. It seems as though working conditions were difficult due to understaffing and poor skill mix. It’s no excuse though for what happened. I hope she gets found guilty of manslaughter and is given the maximum sentence at the judge’s disposal. I hope she never knows a moment’s peace from what she has done, heaven knows the poor parents never will.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
The jury went out on the Kate Roughley trial today. I’m absolutely disgusted at the details that have emerged during the trial. To die in such a way is unimaginably cruel, positional asphyxia and physiological stress- basically tortured to death. I can’t stop thinking about her and her poor parents. When my daughter was tiny she had kicked her blanket loose and up onto her face while I was in the shower. The absolute state of her by the time I got back (after about 10 minutes) was horrible, I felt so guilty. She’s a schoolgirl now but I still remember it vividly. This poor baby was left for over an hour and a half. The attitude of the “woman” supposed to be caring for her is sickening. She treated that baby as less than human, just an object that was annoying to her. I can picture how she was as well as I have come across her type in my years as a nurse. Thinking she’s the big fish in a small pond, wielding power over vulnerable people, treating her work environment like her own kingdom. If she doesn’t like the child they are treated with contempt. How can you take a dislike to a 9 month old baby girl? Deliberately ignoring her cries of distress because you see her as an annoyance. Only caring about completing tasks, with little regard for the effects it’s having on the little ones totally dependent on you to keep them safe. Losing your humanity by ignoring that of others. The people working alongside her and in charge also should be punished. It seems as though working conditions were difficult due to understaffing and poor skill mix. It’s no excuse though for what happened. I hope she gets found guilty of manslaughter and is given the maximum sentence at the judge’s disposal. I hope she never knows a moment’s peace from what she has done, heaven knows the poor parents never will.
You've said perfectly what I haven't been able to articulate about this case - thank you. I cannot even imagine what her poor parents have been through.

I can only hope the rest of the prison population reminds her every day, in the nastiest ways of exactly what she's done. She shouldn't be anywhere near any child ever again.

Reactions: 16
There's not been much interest in this from the true crime community but I'm really curious as to what could have happened so I've been checking for updates but there's still barely any info out there. It does come across very strange, with a lot of little details that would make you go hmmm.
The little abount of info about it is quite strange I think.

Reactions: 6
The Kate Roughley case has me so disgusted and distraught. I am not a mother but I just can't begin to imagine how anyone could behave like Roughley has done, yet cases of cruetly to babies and very young children seem to have increased massively in the last few years. Or are we just hearing about it more? I want to say lockdown did a lot of damage because what else is going to happen when vulnerable people are isolated from an already struggling social care industry? It's all been a mess for years though.
---
The little abount of info about it is quite strange I think.
The articles that have been written are very cagey, there must be stuff they can't reveal yet. It's frustrating as a reader trying to piece what they do print together, mostly you can't and have to wait until a trial has been done and dusted.

• Sad
Reactions: 13

They so often 'don't remember' do they, even when they have been very calculating in the lead up to events like this boy. I hope those he attacked are recovering, it was an appalling and shocking crime but another one not talked about much.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

They so often 'don't remember' do they, even when they have been very calculating in the lead up to events like this boy. I hope those he attacked are recovering, it was an appalling and shocking crime but another one not talked about much.
I'm not convinced by what he says. I would expect to hear evidence about his alleged sleepwalking, such as witnesses. A psychiatric report on whether he really believed in the zombie apocalypse, and discussion of why his psychiatric issues were not being managed if so (and how he was able to keep a selection of weapons by his bed). And information about his relationship with the 2 boys he attacked - his case is far less convincing if he had previous issues with them...

I'm also annoyed that he's using his autism as part of his defence. Autism doesn't make you try to kill people!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.