Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ‘‹ my first post in this thread!

I've been following the trial of nursery worker Kate Roughley. Can't wait until she is found guilty, as surely she will be. What a despicable woman. I mean, who takes against a 9 month old child? I honestly think she has some nerve pleading not guilty when there is CCTV evidence of what she did. My heart breaks for the family of that poor baby.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Sounds like a perfectly normal baby.

Seen as difficult in that womanā€™s opinion maybe.
Well, quite! Not to mention that babies away from their parents and home, in a busy and loud nursery environment, at a prime age for separation anxiety, are obviously going to cry and be unsettled.

But you just know that a baby who takes up a lot of keyworker's time and grizzles all day isn't going to be popular with staff, because s/he makes their job harder.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Just because you didnā€™t blend or mash food for your babies, it doesnā€™t mean all babies can handle lumpy or textured food, especially if they arenā€™t used to it.

But primarily the issue seems to be that the nursery assured the parents that Oliver was to be given blended food, and they didnā€™t.
Agree. Whether or not itā€™s suitable for other babies is irrelevant, theyā€™d asked for him only be to be fed blended food, the nursery didnā€™t and he died.

Itā€™s a massive health and safety failure, would they have fed a child with an allergy food they were allergic to? The reason why he couldnā€™t cope with textured food may have been down to his parents paranoia not exposing him but thatā€™s none of the nurseryā€™s concern or issue - if the parents ask you to feed them something (or not feed them something) and you agree thatā€™s what you need to do.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Donā€™t duck with cats has made every idiot on social media think they are a super sleuth. I hate how awful situations like the Idaho college murders, the Delphi murders and the recent death of Mica Miller (ruled as a suicide but itā€™s clear that she was a long term victim of abuse, was badly let down by the services that were supposed to protect her and her pastor husband is dodgy as hell) take off so much that good points are lost in the sea of paranoid internet sleuths who think they are better than the experts.
Doris sat scrolling the internet when she canā€™t sleep at night will break the case wide open and find what nobody else can.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Well, quite! Not to mention that babies away from their parents and home, in a busy and loud nursery environment, at a prime age for separation anxiety, are obviously going to cry and be unsettled.

But you just know that a baby who takes up a lot of keyworker's time and grizzles all day isn't going to be popular with staff, because s/he makes their job harder.
Also, she'd only started attending the nursery in the preceeding month - poor mite will have still been settling in

Do we know if the jury started deliberations today? I think closing arguments were yesterday?

Reactions: 8

Could well have been teething, too and feeling very poorly and upset even without being wrapped up, overheated, likely vomiting with distress.

It breaks my heart. All she wanted was a cuddle and a soothing voice and a bit of reassurance.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
My neice is at nursery. It's just a small nursery not many children and my sister worries about leaving her. She does love it and it has made her more sociable but there is always that worry that something happens. Even if it's an accident, I don't have kids and I would worry a lot if someone else looked after them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Donā€™t duck with cats has made every idiot on social media think they are a super sleuth. I hate how awful situations like the Idaho college murders, the Delphi murders and the recent death of Mica Miller (ruled as a suicide but itā€™s clear that she was a long term victim of abuse, was badly let down by the services that were supposed to protect her and her pastor husband is dodgy as hell) take off so much that good points are lost in the sea of paranoid internet sleuths who think they are better than the experts.
Doris sat scrolling the internet when she canā€™t sleep at night will break the case wide open and find what nobody else can.
It's the messing with potential evidence that's scary. More interested in posting a pic on Facebook of something they've found than reporting it to police.
The level of reading comprehension and intelligence on that group is laughable. Its been posted numerous times she had an old blue Nokia, there's a photo of her with it I'm her hand and people are still asking what phone does she have, god knows how they think they are going to solve this and solve it when they can't even read previous posts on a fb group.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
It's the messing with potential evidence that's scary. More interested in posting a pic on Facebook of something they've found than reporting it to police.
The level of reading comprehension and intelligence on that group is laughable. Its been posted numerous times she had an old blue Nokia, there's a photo of her with it I'm her hand and people are still asking what phone does she have, god knows how they think they are going to solve this and solve it when they can't even read previous posts on a fb group.
They're now all over an Audi A5 outside a corner shop - girl who looks mildly like her getting in. Someone's desperately trying to stop the rumor as it's already been confirmed not her but it's still being posted constantly. Someone's even posted the Audi with reg. Mad

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Yeah I saw the post about someone ripping down the posters apparently another missing girls were ripped down too ( i think in the same area.
You just know that people in the group have been ringing the hospitals to see if she's there so they can rush to the group with the breaking news.

I can see why the police had to issue warnings to people in the Nicola Bulley case.
People are talking about contacting Peter Faulding the diver guy about helping. They need to wind their necks in.
---
Omg I've just seen that someone has found some airpods in Folkestone which look similar to ones pictured in her hand in a confirmed photo of her.
Someone has posted that they are irrelevant because there has been no mention of her being in Folkestone. How the hell does he know, he's not part of the police investigation?
Other people are saying hand them to police, thank god someone with a braincell has suggested to actually leave them alone, don't touch them and call police.
Some of them really are idiotic. They think she's now been seen in dover and people are going to Dover to check random peoples Ring door bells!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
They're now all over an Audi A5 outside a corner shop - girl who looks mildly like her getting in. Someone's desperately trying to stop the rumor as it's already been confirmed not her but it's still being posted constantly. Someone's even posted the Audi with reg. Mad
I saw them discussing going to the shop and demanding to see the CCTV!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Came here to post the same, I know the families will struggle with this decision but he's mentally unwell.
He still got a better deal out of it all. Heā€™s not going to face any prison time, heā€™ll get certain privileges because heā€™s in a prison hospital and because itā€™s ā€˜indefiniteā€™ there is a possibility that he could be released, something which wouldnā€™t have happened if he got a whole life tariff for murder. So his victims families are going to spend the rest of their lives or Calocaneā€™s life having to work to make sure heā€™s behind bars.
Yet heā€™s the criminal?
Well done English justice, carry on failing the victims of crime!

Reactions: 4
Crimewatch was only once a month. Imagine that! How did we manage without the 24/7 news on the internet. I discovered Princess Diana had died on teletext! šŸ˜‚
God was it really only once a month.
I actually miss Teletext šŸ˜…

Reactions: 3
He still got a better deal out of it all. Heā€™s not going to face any prison time, heā€™ll get certain privileges because heā€™s in a prison hospital and because itā€™s ā€˜indefiniteā€™ there is a possibility that he could be released, something which wouldnā€™t have happened if he got a whole life tariff for murder. So his victims families are going to spend the rest of their lives or Calocaneā€™s life having to work to make sure heā€™s behind bars.
Yet heā€™s the criminal?
Well done English justice, carry on failing the victims of crime!
They donā€™t have to spend their lives doing that though. They can accept that heā€™s deeply unwell and in the best place for everyone involved. Having a severely mentally ill man thrown into prison on a whole life term isnā€™t going to bring their loved ones back and Iā€™d wager they wouldnā€™t actually feel any better if it happened. Iā€™d also bet if the roles were reversed and they were related to the murderer, theyā€™d want him in hospital not prison.

Heā€™d only have actually got a better deal if he wasnā€™t ill and was faking to get off lightly but it seems pretty clear that heā€™s not, having that level of mental illness must be sheer hell and I canā€™t imagine how heā€™ll feel if heā€™s ever well enough to actually comprehend what heā€™s done. Thatā€™s a life sentence harsher than any court could ever deliver.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Jury are now deliberating in the Simon Shotton case. They are both clearly liars, but I donā€™t think they can find Atkins guilty on the count of murder, even if they want to, itā€™s just not 100% certain that he wasnā€™t acting in self defence.
---
Pereira has clearly perverted the course of justice so will probably be found guilty of that, but not murder.
I have to agree I canā€™t see either of them being found guilty of murder. The fact the jury have been out for 2 days leads me to think they will be not guilty. I personally think he his guilty of murder and think Pereria had a lot more involvement.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.