Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hadn't heard of it but found this on reddit:
Has anyone seen the missing woman in Folkestone, Leah Daley?

I came across the Facebook group related to her search. People are claiming a psychic called Rochelle who has apparently worked with police and solved cases is now helping.
It looks like people are treating it like a live murder mystery and coming up with theories and going out searching for her.

Hayley Comet who does true crime on tiktok done an exposure of Rochelle last night. Apparently been claiming to have helped find missing people and stuff has been lying and scamming. I didn’t watch the full thing because I’ve never really seen much of Rochelle before but just thought I’d mention it

• Heart
Reactions: 7

1 hour 37 minutes....
That CCTV must be absolutely harrowing to watch. The jury should be exhausted from future service.
Her poor parents having to watch it, probably repeatedly. It makes me feel sick.

The owners / managers should be charged with negligence in some form as they were clearly not paying attention to the baby room.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
That CCTV must be absolutely harrowing to watch. The jury should be exhausted from future service.
Her poor parents having to watch it, probably repeatedly. It makes me feel sick.

The owners / managers should be charged with negligence in some form as they were clearly not paying attention to the baby room.
Its absolutely awful, the poor parents sitting through a trial and the jury having to listen to all those horrible details and watching the cctv over and over. How could she just leave her there for an hour and a half?? That poor girl.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

🤦🏼‍♀️ I meant excused

Reactions: 9
A little bit off topic but I notice a lot of people who are petrified of dogs are not from the West. I witnessed a woman on the bus not long ago screaming hysterically because a dog got on. Another time in the park a woman started screaming at some woman to get her dog away from her when it was facing the other way and was interested in it's ball. I know it's a cultural thing but they are making their kids be scared too. Our culture is to have dogs as pets and I feel they need to get used too it and not making future generations scared.
I've noticed this too I live in an ethnically diverse area and I have people jumping out of the way of my mini poodle when she's on a lead and nowhere near them. I used to be scared if dogs myself but I never reacted like that to a tiny dog on a lead!

Reactions: 6
I've noticed this too I live in an ethnically diverse area and I have people jumping out of the way of my mini poodle when she's on a lead and nowhere near them. I used to be scared if dogs myself but I never reacted like that to a tiny dog on a lead!
In certain religion, dog saliva is forbidden. That is why they tend to be very wary of dogs in general. But yeah, here we have them as pets so get over it.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Just because you didn’t blend or mash food for your babies, it doesn’t mean all babies can handle lumpy or textured food, especially if they aren’t used to it.

But primarily the issue seems to be that the nursery assured the parents that Oliver was to be given blended food, and they didn’t.
Indeed, my grandchildren were all baby led weaned which means no pureed food, I was always scared of them choking on any occasion that I was looking after them, it really is more scary minding grandchildren than your own children as you’re terrified of anything happening.
The childrens parents were always happy for me to give purees to them for my peace of mind.

Reactions: 8
Hayley Comet who does true crime on tiktok done an exposure of Rochelle last night. Apparently been claiming to have helped find missing people and stuff has been lying and scamming. I didn’t watch the full thing because I’ve never really seen much of Rochelle before but just thought I’d mention it
From reading posts on the group it appears she's a nasty piece of work and gets nasty if questioned too.

Reactions: 2
I know in certain cultures dogs are not pets and they see them as "dirty" I guess it's because in their countries they are mostly strays. I'm not a fan of big dogs myself (tbh I'm just not a dog person in general) not scared of them but just wary. I understand they probably have been conditioned in a way to be scared of dogs because their parents probably were but they are teaching their kids to be scared too.

Reactions: 5
Its absolutely awful, the poor parents sitting through a trial and the jury having to listen to all those horrible details and watching the cctv over and over. How could she just leave her there for an hour and a half?? That poor girl.
I can't stop thinking about this case. I have two young children and it makes me feel even more anxious about my youngest starting nursery in a few months.

I just can't see how the jury will find her innocent. Regardless of any failures in nursery practices, common sense should have told everyone there that something was wrong and that strapping a child face down in a bean bag with a blanket over her, was the wrong thing to do. My heart breaks for the little girl and her parents.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I can't stop thinking about this case. I have two young children and it makes me feel even more anxious about my youngest starting nursery in a few months.
I don’t want to minimise your worries because I know how big the worry of leaving your children with anyone new is.
I just want to say, the vast majority of childcare settings are SO wonderful. The people caring for babies and children genuinely care so much. They do it for the love of the job and the children (it’s certainly not for the money!) and your little one will be looked after so well ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
These people are.... Something else 😳
This is exactly the sort of thing that I meant. And still, 11 days after Leah disappeared, people are asking if anyone has checked the hospitals. It's the underlying feeling of excitement and having something to do that gets me.
---
The people on the group are batshit. It's really shocking isn't it.
One thing they've highlighted that I don't understand is people ripping down Leahs Missing posters, I've seen cctv of it, what's that all about?

Reactions: 6
The people on the group are batshit. It's really shocking isn't it.
the comments on that photo are numerous other 'sightings' of people who can't be more than 2 pixels high in the photos. Someone asked 'has anyone identified these people in the photos?!'....... er no, i don't think thats possible

Reactions: 5
This is exactly the sort of thing that I meant. And still, 11 days after Leah disappeared, people are asking if anyone has checked the hospitals. It's the underlying feeling of excitement and having something to do that gets me.
---

One thing they've highlighted that I don't understand is people ripping down Leahs Missing posters, I've seen cctv of it, what's that all about?
Yeah I saw the post about someone ripping down the posters apparently another missing girls were ripped down too ( i think in the same area.
You just know that people in the group have been ringing the hospitals to see if she's there so they can rush to the group with the breaking news.

I can see why the police had to issue warnings to people in the Nicola Bulley case.
People are talking about contacting Peter Faulding the diver guy about helping. They need to wind their necks in.
---
Omg I've just seen that someone has found some airpods in Folkestone which look similar to ones pictured in her hand in a confirmed photo of her.
Someone has posted that they are irrelevant because there has been no mention of her being in Folkestone. How the hell does he know, he's not part of the police investigation?
Other people are saying hand them to police, thank god someone with a braincell has suggested to actually leave them alone, don't touch them and call police.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Not a parent, not good with kids but even I know that leaving a child who can't sit or stand up on a beanbag is reckless. One good wriggle and the beans move and suddenly the beanbag is right in your face. Never mind a child with a cough. That's before we get to the swaddling and Genevieve being face down.

100% guilty all the way.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Not a parent, not good with kids but even I know that leaving a child who can't sit or stand up on a beanbag is reckless. One good wriggle and the beans move and suddenly the beanbag is right in your face. Never mind a child with a cough. That's before we get to the swaddling and Genevieve being face down.

100% guilty all the way.
I agree. It’s basic common sense not to restrain a baby and leave them face down on a bean bag. Sounds like Genevieve was a “difficult” child who cried a lot and slept badly, which is why Roughly treated her in such a vindictive and cruel way. She absolutely deserves to be found guilty.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.