Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it wrong to find that quite touching?
That's one way to look at it.

Another would be the law reducing women to lesser beings unable to cope with their hormones.
And yet another would be to see the legal system practicing a two tiered legal system when it comes to domestic violence.

Reactions: 14
She should have been jailed. Ridiculous that she wasn't.
Imagine if it was a man who stabbed his wife in the chest and she made excuses for him? Everyone would think she was being controlled by him.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Everyone would think she was being controlled by him.
Which is exactly what could be happening, but the other way around.

I can’t believe that the husband saying he doesn’t want her to go to jail was considered in the decision of an ‘opportunity for rehabilitation’

She has a previous assault conviction too!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Jury are now deliberating in the Simon Shotton case. They are both clearly liars, but I don’t think they can find Atkins guilty on the count of murder, even if they want to, it’s just not 100% certain that he wasn’t acting in self defence.
---
Pereira has clearly perverted the course of justice so will probably be found guilty of that, but not murder.

Reactions: 4
That's one way to look at it.

Another would be the law reducing women to lesser beings unable to cope with their hormones.
And yet another would be to see the legal system practicing a two tiered legal system when it comes to domestic violence.
Yes, I was thinking about this more last night and wouldn't feel the same if the sexes were reversed!

Reactions: 5
Has anyone seen the missing woman in Folkestone, Leah Daley?

I came across the Facebook group related to her search. People are claiming a psychic called Rochelle who has apparently worked with police and solved cases is now helping.
It looks like people are treating it like a live murder mystery and coming up with theories and going out searching for her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

I came across the Facebook group related to her search. People are claiming a psychic called Rochelle who has apparently worked with police and solved cases is now helping.
It looks like people are treating it like a live murder mystery and coming up with theories and going out searching for her.

This hasnt made major news, so I assume the police have a good idea what happened to her. From the description of where she was last seen (a remote, cliffy area) I can only sadly assume that shes gone there to take her life, and maybe the police think that too?

• Sad
Reactions: 17
This hasnt made major news, so I assume the police have a good idea what happened to her. From the description of where she was last seen (a remote, cliffy area) I can only sadly assume that shes gone there to take her life, and maybe the police think that too?
If so, that's incredibly sad.
There's lots of people on the group that mean well but the people contacting psychics and making theories up is crazy.

Reactions: 10
Is anyone following the Oliver Steeper inquiry?
I find the reporting a little bit. ‘Baby who couldn’t chew dies after chocking’. I mean, babies can chew without teeth, they just gum the food down, the main issue was staff to children ratio. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to feed a 9 month old pasta without blending it? I never blended anything for mine, ever.
I read elsewhere that their other child also almost chocked to death. Could they both have some feeding issues?
Sorry if this post does not make sense, I’m just confused about what happened and the way this is reported about.

• Sad
Reactions: 14

This is fairly local to me and local Facebook sites are full of it. It's reminding me of the nicola bulley case with people desperate to get involved, going out searching, asking the same questions over and over again, have her bank cards been used etc (was the dog wet?) Kent police haven't asked anyone to go out searching. It's really quite disturbing the way people are making it almost an exciting little hobby, I'm sure some are decent people who want to help but the majority feel like nosey, armchair detective types, desperate for five minutes of fame on Sky News. Its horrible.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Is anyone following the Oliver Steeper inquiry?
I find the reporting a little bit. ‘Baby who couldn’t chew dies after chocking’. I mean, babies can chew without teeth, they just gum the food down, the main issue was staff to children ratio. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to feed a 9 month old pasta without blending it? I never blended anything for mine, ever.
I read elsewhere that their other child also almost chocked to death. Could they both have some feeding issues?
Sorry if this post does not make sense, I’m just confused about what happened and the way this is reported about.
I've just had a quick read of a couple of the BBC articles. It sounds like a tragic accident tbh, the expired first aid training is perhaps more concerning than food being "finely chopped" rather than pureed?

The incident with their other son sounds quite different - he had covid and choked on phlegm in the night - so maybe just coincidence.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to feed a 9 month old pasta without blending it? I never blended anything for mine, ever.
Just because you didn’t blend or mash food for your babies, it doesn’t mean all babies can handle lumpy or textured food, especially if they aren’t used to it.

But primarily the issue seems to be that the nursery assured the parents that Oliver was to be given blended food, and they didn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is fairly local to me and local Facebook sites are full of it. It's reminding me of the nicola bulley case with people desperate to get involved, going out searching, asking the same questions over and over again, have her bank cards been used etc (was the dog wet?) Kent police haven't asked anyone to go out searching. It's really quite disturbing the way people are making it almost an exciting little hobby, I'm sure some are decent people who want to help but the majority feel like nosey, armchair detective types, desperate for five minutes of fame on Sky News. Its horrible.
It is very much like that case, the dedicated fb group is really disturbing. Non members of family making theories and contacting psychics. It is like a hobby for some people. It's really strange. Someone has posted a video they filmed the day she went missing and they are convinced they've picked up a voice recording, they are trying to enhance the sound on it. Really weird.
I really hope she's found

• Sad
Reactions: 8

1 hour 37 minutes....
It's just heartbreaking - to think how distressed and frightened and desperate that poor little baby was, and everybody ignored her.

I want t rip the limbs off that woman myself - but I don't think the rest of the staff come out of sit well, either. There's no way I could have ignored an infant like that - I don't care what anyone else told me to do. bleeping unbelievable!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I honestly think the scale of low level neglect, errors and mistreatment that happens in nurseries is bigger than we could ever know. But as with care homes, it’s about vulnerable people who can’t speak up for themselves. And we only hear about it when children are injured or die.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.