Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That legoland death being called neglect i hinestly hope they have t got it wrong i know its a differebt case but maddie clmcann was left in a hotel room with 2 young siblings and they was never investigated
Her name was Madeleine; they never called her Maddie.
---
No words
Poor little mite. The comments on that are very interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
More on the Legoland incident...

Such a weird story. Saying “died after a cardiac arrest” is as vague as saying “died after the heart stopped beating” (I realise the vagueness is deliberate at this stage). There’s a mention of the baby being in a sling, so a good chance that he could have suffocated due to being placed in it incorrectly. But that would surely be a tragic accident and wouldn’t be grounds to arrest a parent for neglect?

Thinking back to cases where babies have died after sleeping in the same bed or sofa as a parent, have parents been arrested for neglect then too?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Such a weird story. Saying “died after a cardiac arrest” is as vague as saying “died after the heart stopped beating” (I realise the vagueness is deliberate at this stage). There’s a mention of the baby being in a sling, so a good chance that he could have suffocated due to being placed in it incorrectly. But that would surely be a tragic accident and wouldn’t be grounds to arrest a parent for neglect?

Thinking back to cases where babies have died after sleeping in the same bed or sofa as a parent, have parents been arrested for neglect then too?
I don't disagree.
The police are investigating, and she is on bail until July.

Of course if it turns out she was on the bumper cars...

Reactions: 2

This mother was prosecuted, though she was drunk at the time

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Something doesn't add up...

"In October 2021 she was giving the first pupil – referred to as Boy A – additional maths lessons ahead of his GCSEs at the school where she worked and which cannot be named for legal reasons, Manchester Crown Court heard.

He later told police she set him a challenge to guess her mobile phone number, having given him ten of the 11 digits, Mr Allman said
."
This is such a grim story. How does that boy and his family navigate this going forward. There’s a baby who will want to know who their dad is someday.

Reactions: 11
This is such a grim story. How does that boy and his family navigate this going forward. There’s a baby who will want to know who their dad is someday.
What a calculated individual, how can her parents support her and wave to the camera? Wiping her phone before she got arrested too. That poor baby 😔

Reactions: 13
This are the restrictions for the ride in question no pregnant people or injured or back l/neck problems , riders must be able to with help exit the ride in own or help and no child on the lap ! So if baby went on it would be breaking the rules
---
This are the restrictions for the ride in question no pregnant people or injured or back l/neck problems , riders must be able to with help exit the ride in own or help and no child on the lap ! So if baby went on it would be breaking the rules
Unsure why it’s gone blurry sorry

Attachments

Reactions: 4
What a calculated individual, how can her parents support her and wave to the camera? Wiping her phone before she got arrested too. That poor baby 😔
I just can’t get my head around it honestly. The dad waving is just beyond wrong too. I mean it’s bad enough she did it with one but to carry on whilst you were under investigation with another boy is just beyond comprehension.
I think the only glimmer of good news in all this is there was obviously people that found out that knew how wrong this was and alerted someone- I read someone had rang childline.

Reactions: 10
Today is the Court of Appeal hearing to consider if Valdo Calocane's sentence for the Nottingham murders was 'unduly lenient'.

I'd really planned to write a long post about this as I have a lot to say (too much probably) and I will, when I have time, but the fact that it has got to this stage is utterly ludicrous.

The judge was absolutely right to impose a hospital order, in the face of the evidence he was presented with, and I hope his decision gets upheld. The ramifications of it not being are very, very worrying indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I just can’t get my head around it honestly. The dad waving is just beyond wrong too. I mean it’s bad enough she did it with one but to carry on whilst you were under investigation with another boy is just beyond comprehension.
I think the only glimmer of good news in all this is there was obviously people that found out that knew how wrong this was and alerted someone- I read someone had rang childline.
Yeah I'm completely amazed by how they are acting, your daughter is on trial for sleeping with an underage boy. My dad would disown me! I mean she knew that when she slept with them they would tell their friends and it would come out. It's the fact she was suspended and on trial for having sex with one of the boys and then it came out she was pregnant to another one. Are there more victims or someone she might have tried to groom?

Reactions: 12
Today is the Court of Appeal hearing to consider if Valdo Calocane'a sentence for the Nottingham murders was 'unduly lenient'.

I'd really planned to write a long post about this as I have a lot to say (too much probably) and I will, when I have time, but the fact that it has got to this stage is utterly ludicrous.

The judge was absolutely right to impose a hospital order in the face of the evidence and I hope his decision gets upheld. The ramifications of it not being are very, very worrying indeed.
I do not understand how its got this far. The families of the two students are very eloquent and have advocated powerfully.

The convict is a paranoid schizophrenic - he is extremely unwell. He didn't take his medication and he wasn't monitored effectively.

The fault is not with the criminal justice system - the fault lies with our crumbling care system. We do not have an effective method of monitoring and controlling mentally ill people. If they are not in hospital then they are out in the community and if they are not taking their medication then they are likely to become extremely unwell and dangerous to others. This is completely at odds with an unduly lenient sentence.

It doesn't take away the shock and anger the family feels - of course they do. But if we allowed victims to decide the punishment then all murderers would be decapitated because its impossible to be rational when your loved one has been murdered.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I do not understand how its got this far. The families of the two students are very eloquent and have advocated powerfully.

The convict is a paranoid schizophrenic - he is extremely unwell. He didn't take his medication and he wasn't monitored effectively.

The fault is not with the criminal justice system - the fault lies with our crumbling care system. We do not have an effective method of monitoring and controlling mentally ill people. If they are not in hospital then they are out in the community and if they are not taking their medication then they are likely to become extremely unwell and dangerous to others. This is completely at odds with an unduly lenient sentence.

It doesn't take away the shock and anger the family feels - of course they do. But if we allowed victims to decide the punishment then all murderers would be decapitated because its impossible to be rational when your loved one has been murdered.
I would ♥ this post a million times if I could.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree with both of you, unfortunately he wasn't being monitored which lies at the lack of funding for MH. We can't keep everyone who is potentially a danger to themselves or others locked up anymore, it doesn't work. There isn't enough resources to ensure that everyone takes their medication and there are ways to tackle this again with more funding. If someone needs to be monitored in the community then there should be a place they go to collect their medication weekly or daily and if they aren't turning up and taking it then you can intervene. I think that is a good solution, MH has has such a shift to recovery in the community and it's fair to let people do so.

Today is the Court of Appeal hearing to consider if Valdo Calocane's sentence for the Nottingham murders was 'unduly lenient'.

The judge was absolutely right to impose a hospital order, in the face of the evidence he was presented with, and I hope his decision gets upheld. The ramifications of it not being are very, very worrying indeed.
I'd like to read this when you do post. While my heart feels otherwise, my head knows you are right. This is why our justice system is so important.

I’m not sure what the family really think would be achieved by what they see as a more fitting sentence. Lock him up, let him suffer in a jail cell with an illness he can’t help and then… release him without him having had treatment plus way more traumatised and damaged so he goes on to kill more people.

Sometimes people are just ill and they do terrible things they aren’t in control of. The fact that sometimes others claim that to try to get out of facing consequences is irrelevant to this case where he clearly is a very unwell man and a hospital order was the only just result of the trial.

The families are very eloquent and middle class, I dare say working class families trying to get the same result as they had wouldn’t have had any success. The bias as ever present here as it was in the Maddie McCann case (whether or not the family called her maddie they were totally happy for her to be referred to as Maddie in the press and for the many appeals for money to look for her to be called Maddie).

Reactions: 20
My heart does go out to the families. Losing a child in any circumstances in awful and I can’t begin to comprehend how they must be feeling. I do wish they would focus their frustration more at the system rather than the very sick man. The system let him down and this resulted in their children being murdered. Grace O’Malley Kumars dad is a doctor so he should understand this well. I think they are probably blinkered by their grief at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.