Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Davena94

VIP Member
Re the 'no fixed abode' statement. I forget the details, but years ago someone told me this meant they weren't on the electoral register rather than homeless, anyone know if this is still the case or even true? 🤔
You could just not give the police your address and if you’re not on the electoral roll then they can’t prove you live anywhere. So you’d be of “no fixed abode”

Reactions: 1

Violetroselily

VIP Member
Does anyone know if there is a way I could find out more about this? I went to school with Emmit, he was the boyfriend of one of my really close friends and I've just heard about this. Had no idea he was in the Police, but I can't say I'm shocked as he wasn't ever very nice in school

Trial towards the end of April, dates are here

craftingfroze

VIP Member
There's a man of the same name, but with middle name Robert, of the same age who wad imprisoned for sex offences in Poole in 2015. Might just be entirely coincidental though?

could be this guy but the other one i think more likely as her body was found in the same town as where the stabbing took place. Either would be shocking tbh, people who commit these crimes shouldn’t be allowed out to offend again, total waste of life 😞

Kelly1822

Maybe someone smarter than me will know the answer but is it true that if your sentence is less than 4 years then your criminal record also drops off at some point. I think it becomes spent after two years of a custodial sentence that is less than 4 years which therefore also means that people like this can apply for jobs with vulnerable people?!?

Surely not?! 😱😨

Lh1988

Why do some people have kids? To treat them in such evil ways?
This world makes me sick at times. I feel like we are going backwards instead of forwards.

Every day there seems to be some violence and mistreatment of children.
I was reading Gary Brucatos book The New Evil and I feel like we are moving further up the scale of evil all the time.
What’s this about?

givepeasachance

VIP Member
Patricia Hall from Pudsey they think her husband did it confessed to an undercover cop but wasn't proved never found her body either poor woman

This is an interesting one. Seems he confessed, but because of how that confession was obtained, the evidence was dismissed by the court?

wibble

VIP Member
I think it is very relevant. No way should they be on a jury imho.
Isn't that the point of having a jury?
To have people from a wide variety of background and experience.

The alternative is the farce of judges "pretending" to know what a reasonable lay-person would believe - as is the case in libel trials.

TenerifeTigger

Chatty Member
I've learned a lot about cremations etc from reading about this situation.

I do have a question if anyone knows before I Google, if you have surgery and get plates/screws put in, what happens to them if you are cremated?