Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wibble

VIP Member
I doubt it will get interesting - people will ignore it (I mean it’s hardly caused waves on the news) and then will give a shocked pikachu face when the next act of terrorism happens due to Islamic extremism. And the cycle will continue.

As for Joel Cauchi I don’t think there is any link apart from both being misogynists.
Well they might not be able to if the trail leads back to some well known characters in London.

We shall see...

• Wow
Reactions: 1

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I found the Chris Kaba case confusing, so the vehicle was linked to firearms but he wasn't? Did the officer try communication with him first?

Ittybittytittyclub

Chatty Member
The disappearance of Renee MacRae and her son Andrew has also been covered by the Murder Trial series. All three are available on iPlayer.

Excellent series and approach, one I'm fully in favour of, as I've said before. No live reporting from inside court - we do not want the circus that is the USA justice here thank you - but edited highlights and commentary, from the people involved, AFTER the verdict is a good balance.

Really hoping we'll be seeing the Emma Cauldwell trial covered by them soon.
Oh yes I forgot the Renee Macrae, that was actually the first one I saw. I agree what you say about this approach as well!

• Heart

Loppylou89

VIP Member
Has anyone seen Sean Combs / Puff daddy/ P diddy.. home has been raided for sex trafficking .

oddly on TikTok someone has been sharing a audio tape allegedly of Sean and another man having sex in a room..
The noises are hilarious

this is a man rich beyond anyone’s wildest dreams and all he wants is to get his dick wet ..
He does have a thread on here. He is a vile man

MedeaWho

Chatty Member
Sorry but it got a LOT of headline media attention at the time because it involved two teenage girls. I followed it from the start including the first trial, which was scrapped by the judge because of what was happening on social media. The judge was a junior barrister involved in the James Bulger murder trial. However, because they couldn't be named, for very good reason may I add, and now have lifelong anonymity, the press lost interest.
What happened in social media? I think I missed this one completely.

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Do you mean from season three? I figured C5 have only just started showing it and they are doing it week by week rather than making them all available at once.

They regularly show things out of order here - ID and CI do it all the time.

On my Sky Stream, I can see episode 2, which was shown last night (Did I Murder My Child?) and then two upcoming episodes - #5 The Girl In The Pool and #9 The Body On The Stairs.
@Brandshinynew

Ok, I think I've worked it out. They are showing two episodes a week - Monday and Tuesday nights at 10pm. There's one on tonight that my Sky playlist isn't picking up - #6 Murder or Insanity?

• Heart

LouBug19

VIP Member
It’s been news locally. Lots of pleas on Facebook saying that she won’t be in trouble.
---

They were searching the water of Leith at Saughton Park the other day. The SiO was very cagey when being interviewed on tv last night.
Oh really? I live near there but I missed the news last night. What was he saying? Its all a bit strange.

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I’ve just watched Can I Tell You A Secret on Netflix about UK’s most prolific stalker Matthew Hardy. It’s only two episodes and a good watch but a reminder how bloody hard it is to convict stalkers. A journalist on the programme said only 0.1% of stalkers get convicted!!! And those that do, average sentence is 13 months.

I can’t find full sentencing remarks for him online, does anyone know if the public can request these from courts or do you need to have good reason?
Not all sentencing remarks are published. Generally just those for high profile or unusual cases with media interest. It may be that there are not any sentencing remarks for this case. Although it was an unusually long sentence it was not a high profile case at the time - it has only become so since the Netflix docu.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Errrrrrr.....how?🤨
Not sure, but here’s the article https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/34144/lily-relative-attacks-killer’s-namechange

Healey gave birth to a daughter in April after a relationship with an inmate from another open jail.’

Edit: read another online from Manchester news but can’t link here

The father is Michael Dent, who was serving time for drugs offences.
Dent, who was at Moorlands open prison in Doncaster, met Healey when he went to Askham as a "prison representative" at a forum about re-offending with civil servants, business leaders and charities.
Healey was providing the catering along with other inmates.
Prisoners allowed out on day-release are usually subject to stringent conditions, although they are not normally barred from meeting partners
.’

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Scotland are different.
The crime happened in Edinburgh so the trial takes place there, where they do allow cameras in court. The family are from England, where we don’t allow filming in court. So the court scenes are all real and very interesting. BBC also have covered two other trials, one is Margaret Fleming and the other Dr Brenda Page, the series is called Murder Trial and it features the same prosecutor.
Thank you for the explanations :)

• Heart

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
If anybody is interested Christopher Eccleston 14th May on Sky History called Innocent Guilty.Quite interesting it looks,goes back to crimes awhile ago like James Hanratty who loads thought was Innocent but he was guilty.

Glittergirlie

VIP Member

That letter in the times by the mother of Barnaby Webber who was killed along with Grace Kumar last year is a tough read. GMB were on about it earlier but couldn't due to time of day mention the horrific things in it. Heads should roll in the police force. The language they used to describe what happened is sickening.
The link doesn't work for me :(

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Thank goodness. He’s a danger.
Did he rape Katie whilst she was dying or dead - the article I linked yesterday said so but I can’t see it reported anywhere else? But it also said he raped a third woman that night so were there two in the house looking after the children? I’m hoping it was a mistaken part of the report, the poor lady had suffered enough.
On another note but related to the case - I don’t get why we have concurrent sentences in this country. I wish they ran one after the other.
Third woman? No, I don't think that's right.