Real Life Crime and Murder #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update on the strange story with the burning body in Bradford. https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/24263841.bradford-woman-appear-court-charged-murder/

The fact the neighbours say they never went out reminds me of a totally unrelated post I was reading on a Facebook group last year about people who are still shielding with their families and living like we did in the first lockdown. It really surprised me that quite a few were still living like that including children.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Update on the strange story with the burning body in Bradford. https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/24263841.bradford-woman-appear-court-charged-murder/

The fact the neighbours say they never went out reminds me of a totally unrelated post I was reading on a Facebook group last year about people who are still shielding with their families and living like we did in the first lockdown. It really surprised me that quite a few were still living like that including children.
what’s the point of being alive?? There was just as many infections and viruses before Covid - imagine hiding away from something that might never happen.

Reactions: 8
what’s the point of being alive?? There was just as many infections and viruses before Covid - imagine hiding away from something that might never happen.
My exact thoughts, it’s no way to live. it was an eye opening read for me and if i was aware of someone living this way with children I would be raising it as a safeguarding concern.

Reactions: 5
It looks like there were cans of something stacked up behind the front door. Stockpile, or barricade, or both?

IMG_3597.jpeg
IMG_3598.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
My exact thoughts, it’s no way to live. it was an eye opening read for me and if i was aware of someone living this way with children I would be raising it as a safeguarding concern.
Kids hidden away under the guise of so called 'home learning' is a massive red flag for me. God knows what hell some kids are living in, under the radar without the respite of school.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Maybe they weren't alive, and someone was claiming the pension/carers allowance/benefits or whatever.

Reactions: 3
When I was young (a long, long, long, time ago) people were frightened of nuclear weapons and a bomb being dropped on us. Then later on, people were frightened of Aids (i know this is a very serious disease but you dramatically reduced your chances of catching it through simple precautions). And then Mad Cow Disease.

People are always of frightened of something.

And yes a lot of people have long covid. But Post Viral Syndrome has always been a thing.

Covid wasn't that serious for healthy people. Jings my 85yr old mum caught it - and was over it in no time. Worst thing was telling her she couldn't go out!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
When I was young (a long, long, long, time ago) people were frightened of nuclear weapons and a bomb being dropped on us. Then later on, people were frightened of Aids (i know this is a very serious disease but you dramatically reduced your chances of catching it through simple precautions). And then Mad Cow Disease.

People are always of frightened of something.

And yes a lot of people have long covid. But Post Viral Syndrome has always been a thing.

Covid wasn't that serious for healthy people. Jings my 85yr old mum caught it - and was over it in no time. Worst thing was telling her she couldn't go out!!!
I think, in the kindest, most non argumentative way possible, that it's easy to say that if you haven't been badly affected by Covid.

I know people who it has had long term impact for. People who were healthy before. Also, someone in my wider family died. Their existing condition was exacerbated by Covid and it sped everything up to the extent killed them.

I'm glad your mum was OK though (genuinely, not sarcastically in case it reads that way).

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Sadly I know two families who are now living this shadow life.
No kids directly involved, only adults. It is tragic. Not seen my very good friend in 4 years as she lives in another country and will not travel/accept visitors.
---
I do worry that post covid vulnerable people are, understandably, trying to avoid becoming ill, but ponder if the prevention worse than the sickness.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
For those who enjoy True Crime TV :

What Jennifer Did, Netflix
True-crime obsessives won’t want to miss Netflix's latest documentary. It dives deep into the chilling saga of Jennifer Pan, who orchestrated a hit on her own parents. Directed by Jenny Popplewell, the documentary unravels the disturbing tale of a ‘perfect child’ and her web of lies
There was some issue with this programme as they used AI generated images and its sparked a whole discussion about them being used in documentaries.
---
The Bradford case sounds (for want of a better word) intriguing.
‘Mr Chaudhury told the court that this was a “difficult” and “complex” case that has attracted national media coverage. He added that there is a police investigation into the events which took place.
Mr Chaudhury insisted now that the defendant has been charged that witnesses should come forward to the police.
He wanted to “encourage” and “endorse” not only those who witnessed what happened on the day but the goings-on in the few days previous.
He highly recommended for people to do so as the evidence could prove pivotal.’

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
There was some issue with this programme as they used AI generated images and its sparked a whole discussion about them being used in documentaries.
---
The Bradford case sounds (for want of a better word) intriguing.
‘Mr Chaudhury told the court that this was a “difficult” and “complex” case that has attracted national media coverage. He added that there is a police investigation into the events which took place.
Mr Chaudhury insisted now that the defendant has been charged that witnesses should come forward to the police.
He wanted to “encourage” and “endorse” not only those who witnessed what happened on the day but the goings-on in the few days previous.
He highly recommended for people to do so as the evidence could prove pivotal.’

With her defence saying that I wonder if they’re going for a self-defence angle.

Some reporting says the victim was 92 but I can’t find it anywhere reliable.

Reactions: 2
I think, in the kindest, most non argumentative way possible, that it's easy to say that if you haven't been badly affected by Covid.

I know people who it has had long term impact for. People who were healthy before. Also, someone in my wider family died. Their existing condition was exacerbated by Covid and it sped everything up to the extent killed them.

I'm glad your mum was OK though (genuinely, not sarcastically in case it reads that way).
Thank you for saying that. 😘
I know it affected me mentally far more than I’d probably like to admit.
I do go out but I don’t like being around lots of people (not that I was very sociable pre-Covid tbh) and even now I get anxious if someone coughs and splutters near me. It’s not because I’m scared of catching anything, I think it’s because it takes me back to a very bad time.
To know that one of the most important people in my life died alone without me being there will haunt me until my last breath. I let him down. I bury the guilt as best I can but when it resurfaces it’s hard.

Perhaps these people who remain “lockdowned” are also dealing with their own demons. 😕

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
There are people on my street I haven't seen since lockdown - but then I never saw them before that either.
Mainly because I have no reason to notice them, or for them to notice me.

Reactions: 6
I guess the way the world is now it is easier than ever before to isolate yourself. You don’t need to go out to get food or clothes, you can make money from home and to a point even build a sense of community online. Plus we don’t all know our neighbours and what is going on in their lives anymore.

I think COVID impacted many peoples mental health hugely and possibly the fact that there was SO much information available 24/7 made that worse. it’s not even just the mainstream news, the conspiracy theories, the social media posts etc it was constant.

As I said upthread if there were children involved I would report it as a safeguarding concern. I home ed my own kids so it isn’t that for me but it would be easy to fly under the radar with kids.

I've got a family member who has long covid. They were slim, healthy active person. Now they're life has totally changed and they're dependent on other folk.

I genuinely think it's just pure dumb luck!!!

As I said, my mum got it and recovered but my younger relative didn't.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.