Real Life Crime and Murder #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I cannot get my head around how utterly appalling this is. Swaddled too tightly, placed face-down on a bean bag, and a tight harness to hold her in position and a blanket on top. Her cries went ignored for 1hr 37 minutes. The poor parents, thinking they were leaving their precious child in a place of safety. Surely any sensible adult could see that doing this would be a recipe for disaster - let alone a registered childcare provider.

Genevieve was 9 months old, so I'm guessing mum had only just gone back to work. She must have had so much guilt and worry over leaving her 😔
Oh my god, this has made me feel sick. That poor baby, she must have been so distressed. Why on earth would you place a child in that position, let alone in that position swaddled and strapped to restraints. Her poor family.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Oh my God, that is unbelievable. How can that be anything but deliberate to harm her? What a cruel thing to do. Poor, poor baby and parents.
I’ve just read this on BBC. Horrendous.
the article states she had called the child a “stress head”
How would you ever get over this 😓

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

I cannot get my head around how utterly appalling this is. Swaddled too tightly, placed face-down on a bean bag, and a tight harness to hold her in position and a blanket on top. Her cries went ignored for 1hr 37 minutes. The poor parents, thinking they were leaving their precious child in a place of safety. Surely any sensible adult could see that doing this would be a recipe for disaster - let alone a registered childcare provider.

Genevieve was 9 months old, so I'm guessing mum had only just gone back to work. She must have had so much guilt and worry over leaving her 😔
I just came to post this. It’s really upset me that any practitioner could swaddle a child then put them face down. Poor wee lamb being treated with such contempt.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Do you mean from season three? I figured C5 have only just started showing it and they are doing it week by week rather than making them all available at once.

They regularly show things out of order here - ID and CI do it all the time.

On my Sky Stream, I can see episode 2, which was shown last night (Did I Murder My Child?) and then two upcoming episodes - #5 The Girl In The Pool and #9 The Body On The Stairs.
@Brandshinynew

Ok, I think I've worked it out. They are showing two episodes a week - Monday and Tuesday nights at 10pm. There's one on tonight that my Sky playlist isn't picking up - #6 Murder or Insanity?

• Heart
Reactions: 1

This was awful enough when it first happened, but those details are absolutely unbelievable. That poor baby, the things she must have felt. And her parents. Unthinkable.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
This was awful enough when it first happened, but those details are absolutely unbelievable. That poor baby, the things she must have felt. And her parents. Unthinkable.
It's just horrendous. When I read the OP, I didn't realize at first this was a nursery. It's unthinkable this happened at all, but in a professional setting it's just awful. How on earth could a trained childcare provider think this was the right thing to do?
I remember watching a hidden camera programme many years ago on a couple of nurseries where there were 'concerns' and staff were caught shouting at children or ignoring them when crying, and that all made me sad enough. But to swaddle a baby tightly, strap her to a beanbag and then cover her with a blanket...poor Gigi.
How on earth this revolting individual is pleading not guilty...how insensitive to put Gigi's parents through a full criminal trial.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
It's just horrendous. When I read the OP, I didn't realize at first this was a nursery. It's unthinkable this happened at all, but in a professional setting it's just awful. How on earth could a trained childcare provider think this was the right thing to do?
I remember watching a hidden camera programme many years ago on a couple of nurseries where there were 'concerns' and staff were caught shouting at children or ignoring them when crying, and that all made me sad enough. But to swaddle a baby tightly, strap her to a beanbag and then cover her with a blanket...poor Gigi.
How on earth this revolting individual is pleading not guilty...how insensitive to put Gigi's parents through a full criminal trial.
I’m not a mum but I’d thing swaddling a 9 month old is just wrong in the first instance. 9 month olds are ready to move around they can move from front to back and can coast on furniture getting ready to walk - swaddling is for tiny baby’s surely and safe sleeping is not face down. It sounds like she’s been in a temper about a crying baby and restrained her out of hate for the poor child.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
I've just read about poor gigi. Only 3 months younger than my 2nd daughter and she's 3 next month. That poor wee girl should be chatting and being cheeky like all 2yo and yet that evil worker took it away from her.

Sorry if this makes no sense it's really upset me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The Gigi story is absolutely heartbreaking. Why on earth did she not put the baby in a crib if she needed to be put down for a nap. My kids are 10 and 6 now but the nursery they were at had a dedicated sleep room with a mix of cribs, floor beds and bean bags for staff to sit down with the older babies who needed a snuggle to go to sleep (both of mine were like this).
How callous and inhumane must you be to treat a wee defenceless baby like that.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I’m not a mum but I’d thing swaddling a 9 month old is just wrong in the first instance. 9 month olds are ready to move around they can move from front to back and can coast on furniture getting ready to walk - swaddling is for tiny baby’s surely and safe sleeping is not face down. It sounds like she’s been in a temper about a crying baby and restrained her out of hate for the poor child.
That was the first thing I thought when I read about it.
Who the hell swaddles a 9 month old? 😠

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Good God,I can't bear to read the details of that. That poor little one, and her parents.

• Sad
Reactions: 11

An article from a while before said it was being classed as a medical incident and the nursery tried to appeal to remain open!

Imagine the horror after 14 long long months when it was established it was no medical incident

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Reactions: 8
It's heartbreaking. How could they ignore the poor little thing's cries, which must have got increasingly frantic until she was too weak and breathless to continue. I'm having to fight not to cry here - I think of my own children and grandchildren at that age - how helpless and vulnerable. I can't imagine what is going through the minds of her poor parents.
---
@dottynotty we'll see how she likes being restrained in prison!
I hope she gets seven bells kicked out of her inside. What she did was just evil.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.