Real Life Crime and Murder #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What gets me is that there were other staff about that did nothing about it. She wasn't on her own looking after those babies. Safeguarding is everyone's concern. My gut feeling is that there was a culture of abuse and poor practice going off in that nursery, and the fault of that starts at the top.

• Sad
Reactions: 47
What gets me is that there were other staff about that did nothing about it. She wasn't on her own looking after those babies. Safeguarding is everyone's concern. My gut feeling is that there was a culture of abuse and poor practice going off in that nursery, and the fault of that starts at the top.
I was thinking the same. She said to her colleagues something to the effect of - let them cry.
it was every single employees duty to care for those kids that day.
It’s absolutely horrifying.

Reactions: 20

(a) what's gone on here
(b) how has the house in the story been allowed to be extended so much on such a small plot? The work was underway in 2022 according to google streetview. How have they got planning permissions to extend what looks like a smallish 2/3 bed into something that looks like a community centre and how many people were living there?

Also there's another funeral directors up to no good today ...

And a small update on the big funeral director case from the Hull area ... not seen anything on that story for a while ... don't click if you've recently buried your grandmother.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I’ve got huge anxiety about sending my son to nursery and this story has just made it worse 😣

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

(a) what's gone on here
(b) how has the house in the story been allowed to be extended so much on such a small plot? The work was underway in 2022 according to google streetview. How have they got planning permissions to extend what looks like a smallish 2/3 bed into something that looks like a community centre and how many people were living there?
Re question (b) the simple answer is that it is Bradford.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I’ve got huge anxiety about sending my son to nursery and this story has just made it worse 😣
I really feel for you... I had the same thing. I would look at lots of nurseries and trust that youthink is best for your child. The local one that all my friends sent theirs to was shite. The vast vast majority of people in childcare love kids and would never dream of hurting them

Reactions: 12
For those who enjoy True Crime TV :

What Jennifer Did, Netflix
True-crime obsessives won’t want to miss Netflix's latest documentary. It dives deep into the chilling saga of Jennifer Pan, who orchestrated a hit on her own parents. Directed by Jenny Popplewell, the documentary unravels the disturbing tale of a ‘perfect child’ and her web of lies

• Wow
Reactions: 14
(a) what's gone on here
I can’t work out if the scream was the younger man, or if they burnt the older man alive.

Wondering if it’s something like they didn’t report him dead (if previously deceased) because of benefits, or if the older man was controlling the woman and their son and wouldn’t let them out and they flipped.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I had exactly the same thought… where were the other staff? Why didn’t they notice? Or if they did, why didn’t they do something? Makes me sick.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
For those who enjoy True Crime TV :

What Jennifer Did, Netflix
True-crime obsessives won’t want to miss Netflix's latest documentary. It dives deep into the chilling saga of Jennifer Pan, who orchestrated a hit on her own parents. Directed by Jenny Popplewell, the documentary unravels the disturbing tale of a ‘perfect child’ and her web of lies
One of my favourite things to watch is police interrogations on YouTube. I remember watching her full interrogation a few years ago, it’s ten hours long so I used to watch a bit every day but I would highly recommend it. To be honest I hate Netflix for true crime, so much is always left out.

Reactions: 6
One of my favourite things to watch is police interrogations on YouTube. I remember watching her full interrogation a few years ago, it’s ten hours long so I used to watch a bit every day but I would highly recommend it. To be honest I hate Netflix for true crime, so much is always left out.
Same, but I watched this anyway and it was interesting because they had the police involved and other people talking about the case so it was interesting to see some of the context. She looks completely different in her photos, more of a party girl and less nerdy. I expect she did that intentionally. They also said that she has now got a retrial (for the murder charge) on appeal which surprised me.

Reactions: 4
A WINSFORD man is back behind bars after subjecting his partner to months of ‘terrifying’ attacks - starting just three days after she gave birth to their stillborn child.

Archive link as you had to register to read the article.

Sentenced to a pathetic three years 😡 and his defence had the bleeping nerve to claim ‘severe mental strain’ following the stillbirth of their child. Even the judge said he had the trauma of a bereavement as if that’s some sort of mitigation for doing all of this to his partner. Bearing in mind he was previously convicted of rape!!!

The 33-year-old, who was previously jailed in 2012 for rape, began abusing his partner in September 2022, with the ordeal lasting until May 2023.

During this time, Spann strangled her, tore out her hair while punching her in the face, and smashed her over the head with a wine bottle, leaving matted hair, broken glass and blood all over the bathroom floor.

He also beat her over the head and back with the leg of a broken child’s table, which a neighbour found covered in blood when she came to help after she heard screaming.

This all took place in the victim’s home, where Spann had no legal right to be, but when asked to leave on one occasion, said: “If I leave this house, you won’t be left alive in it.”

On another occasion, he asked her whether she thought ‘a fire engine would fit down her street.’

Police charged him with three counts each of intentional strangulation and assault causing actual bodily harm in relation to incidents between September 2022 and May 2023.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
A WINSFORD man is back behind bars after subjecting his partner to months of ‘terrifying’ attacks - starting just three days after she gave birth to their stillborn child.

Archive link as you had to register to read the article.

Sentenced to a pathetic three years 😡 and his defence had the bleeping nerve to claim ‘severe mental strain’ following the stillbirth of their child. Even the judge said he had the trauma of a bereavement as if that’s some sort of mitigation for doing all of this to his partner. Bearing in mind he was previously convicted of rape!!!

The 33-year-old, who was previously jailed in 2012 for rape, began abusing his partner in September 2022, with the ordeal lasting until May 2023.

During this time, Spann strangled her, tore out her hair while punching her in the face, and smashed her over the head with a wine bottle, leaving matted hair, broken glass and blood all over the bathroom floor.

He also beat her over the head and back with the leg of a broken child’s table, which a neighbour found covered in blood when she came to help after she heard screaming.

This all took place in the victim’s home, where Spann had no legal right to be, but when asked to leave on one occasion, said: “If I leave this house, you won’t be left alive in it.”

On another occasion, he asked her whether she thought ‘a fire engine would fit down her street.’

Police charged him with three counts each of intentional strangulation and assault causing actual bodily harm in relation to incidents between September 2022 and May 2023.
The sentences are derisory for domestic violence,

If he attacked another bloke in the street he'd get at least twice that. It's shocking - that poor woman, losing her baby, being savagely beaten, forced through a trial, and he gets a slapped wrist. He'll be out in about a year and a half.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Does anyone know why ‘intentional strangulation’ a charge/crime in itself and not actually classed as attempted murder?
---
Ok so it’s because the intent is to cause fear and control, not an attempt to kill. It’s such a fine line though surely! Yet only max 5 years for intentional strangulation.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.