Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
When I was young (a long, long, long, time ago) people were frightened of nuclear weapons and a bomb being dropped on us. Then later on, people were frightened of Aids (i know this is a very serious disease but you dramatically reduced your chances of catching it through simple precautions). And then Mad Cow Disease.

People are always of frightened of something.

And yes a lot of people have long covid. But Post Viral Syndrome has always been a thing.

Covid wasn't that serious for healthy people. Jings my 85yr old mum caught it - and was over it in no time. Worst thing was telling her she couldn't go out!!!
I think, in the kindest, most non argumentative way possible, that it's easy to say that if you haven't been badly affected by Covid.

I know people who it has had long term impact for. People who were healthy before. Also, someone in my wider family died. Their existing condition was exacerbated by Covid and it sped everything up to the extent killed them.

I'm glad your mum was OK though (genuinely, not sarcastically in case it reads that way).

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Pulltheotherone

VIP Member
I was listening to the radio last night when I was having a bath. It was hits radio and the 11 o’clock news came on. They didn’t mention Emma’s name once during the report just “ sex worker “ I was utterly APPALLED.
How dare they show her zero respect ?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

Boogs

VIP Member
The amount of victim blaming on social media is shocking and depressing. I just read responses to a police post where a man and woman who were former partners have died and they stated that whilst they are conducting a full investigation they firmly believe the man harmed his ex and then himself. The comments are full of people, mostly women, commenting about how women can be violent to men too and how do we know she didn’t start it. Are people so in denial about the significant issue of male violence that they will convince themselves that the victim was somehow the instigator to convince themselves it would never happen to them?

• Sad
Reactions: 37

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
Another awful update of the funeral home case

'A grieving widow who had her husband's ashes turned into jewellery has been told police have found his body in a funeral directors' freezer. The woman from Beverley, East Yorkshire, was told by police they had found the body of her late husband, who died in July 2023, following a raid on Legacy International Funeral Directors in Hull. She and other members of the deceased man's family, including his daughter and grand-daughter, 'paid quite a bit' to have the ashes turned into crystal jewellery and are now questioning whose remains they are wearing.'

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 36

Tofino

VIP Member
The man and woman have been arrested on suspicion of

- prevention of a lawful and decent burial
- fraud by false representation
- fraud by abuse of position

This was following concerns raised about “storage and management processes relating to care of the deceased”

And the bodies they have removed are going though a formal identification process

It’s starting to look absolutely horrific and potentially lots of very traumatised families.

• Sad
  • Wow

Bread

Chatty Member
I fear this is more common than we think. A friend went to fix the plumbing at a mortuary; a body was lying there, uncovered, with a pipe leaking onto it. My friend had to ask for the body to be moved so it didn't get dripped on. He was very upset by the lack of care he saw there.

• Wow
  • Sad

Boogs

VIP Member
There is no way that Sarah was his first victim. I don’t think a sex offender escalates to murder in his late 40’s. I think he previously targeted women who were more vulnerable and didn’t have the same kind of family/support network that Sarah did like sex workers. If the bus CCTV hadn’t caught him with her on camera would he have been caught? He didn’t leave Sarah in a place where she was likely to be found if he wasn’t caught.

Last edited:
  • Sad

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Anyone heard about the ongoing investigations into the Humberside funeral director? Police have have been there for 3 days now. Some of the bodies have been moved and police have said it's a complex investigation. Comments have been turned off on a lot of posts about it. The only comment I did see was in relation to satanic cults/organ harvesting.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

Tots

VIP Member
I read this article this morning, another man killing his wife, poor woman was only 26. The details are quite upsetting.

He’s 28 and he’s been sentenced to “life” with a minimum of just under 20 years. Wtaf. I know it’s a minimum but how the hell does dismembering your wife into over 200 pieces not warrant a whole life order?! Plenty of time to think “hang on, what I’m doing here is wrong” and to stop. The sentencing guidelines really need a huge overhaul.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34

thegirlscout

VIP Member
This is so horrific. Unless he gets life in prison women won’t be safe from him, nor any male involved with them that he deems a threat.
He not only stabbed Katie 99 times and raped her whilst she was dying or dead, he lured her new partner to the house, stabbed him 27 times and cut off his penis. There were children in the house so god knows what they heard or saw. I think the children might have been Katie and the murderer’s but not sure. And from reporting it sounds like he also beat up a woman in the house (I guess she was there to babysit?) and raped her too.
Days like this I wish there was the death penalty because people are just not safe with him around.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 34

Boogs

VIP Member
Sentencing remarks for Marcus Osborne.

This is like something out of a horror movie and I can see why the press have said some of it is too disturbing to report, so this comes with a massive warning before reading.

There are going to be a number of very traumatised people who have to live with what they saw that day, and for the families knowing what happened.

I had to stop reading that, utterly horrific.
I really do hope there is robust therapeutic support for V, the children and the neighbour.
I can still remember in great detail a night almost 40 years ago when I was just a kid when the usual violence in my house erupted into something more serious. It never leaves you.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

LouBug19

VIP Member
The Sarah Everard documentary was a hard watch. Very concerning 3 officers a week are in court for something. He couldve been stopped 6 years earlier and then when he exposed himself at mcdonald's. Plus he did all things horrible things. Just a sick bastard who should get the rope. The ending was shocking at how many police officers are doing these type of things or joking about it. All these poor women killed by men, I'm so sick of it.

• Sad
  • Angry

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Yes I've often thought this too. Have his family been as vocal as the other families or have we just not seen it?
Just so sad, poor guy on his way to work at the crack of dawn and gets murdered.
Watch Big Cases on BBCiPlayer - his family talk about how they weren’t even invited to the vigil- they found out by accident 😔

• Wow
  • Sad

Tofino

VIP Member
I don’t think I would call it cheating with the younger sister when the Irish article says this

Detective Sergeant James Brannigan told the court police believed he “controlled and coerced Katie since she was a child of 9 or 10″.

Even if it appeared she consented at any point, how scared was she of him for all of those years? And quite justified too seeing as he went on to kill her.

He wasn’t a cheat. He was a controlling, abusive, rapist, murderer.

• Sad
  • Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
This is so horrific. Unless he gets life in prison women won’t be safe from him, nor any male involved with them that he deems a threat.
He not only stabbed Katie 99 times and raped her whilst she was dying or dead, he lured her new partner to the house, stabbed him 27 times and cut off his penis. There were children in the house so god knows what they heard or saw. I think the children might have been Katie and the murderer’s but not sure. And from reporting it sounds like he also beat up a woman in the house (I guess she was there to babysit?) and raped her too.
Days like this I wish there was the death penalty because people are just not safe with him around.
I am so sick of reading about men with fragile egos and massive senses of entitlement which results in horrific acts like this.

• Sick
  • Heart

Cosytidy

I often think of her parents. Reeva was so beautiful.
I feel for her mum. She looked so broken in that documentary. Awful circumstances to lose your only child & the whole case was so unjust & out of step with what he did.
i believe he intentionally murdered her because she was leaving. I don’t believe that he thought she was an intruder. He was a DV perpetrator with a massive ego & a gun.

Tofino

VIP Member
This is insane. She took her older daughter on a 10 day trip to Puerto Rico and left the baby alone at home and of course when she got home the baby was dead and in a horrific state. Died of starvation and dehydration.

Neighbours saying she would leave the baby alone before and they would plead with her not to.

So many similarities to Verphy Kudi.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Hawkes went to Long Riding Surgery in Basildon and took his shirt off as he entered the building before stripping off completely.
He then rubbed hand sanitizer on his genitals and walked around the foyer for five minutes

He sounds like a complete crackpot ... one very dangerous individual. Glad he's been jailed before this escalated further.
Below that it describes him walking into a children’s play area stark naked, engaging “young people” (let’s just say CHILDREN, huh?) in sexual conversation and trying to kiss and hug them. And was spared jail on that occasion.

And the defence is that he has PTSD and doesn’t have a sexual interest in minors?

Throw away the key. He is a waste of oxygen and the public will never be safe from him.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 32