Real Life Crime and Murder #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the mother's new partner was considered a risk why were any children allowed with her in the first place FFS?!

Reactions: 14
According to Libby Purves in The Times today

Hopefully the share token works:
Interesting article. She isn't affording the mother any sympathy. Particularly like this quote:

"His mother, Sarah Piesse, who had separated from his father and not visited her “gorgeous” and “cheeky” son since November, following an argument, has demanded answers."

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've not heard of this case but will watch on Netflix, thanks. I watched the documentary about the Margaret Fleming murder on iPlayer at the weekend. Terribly sad case and the woman "carer" was just terrifying, no emotion whatsoever.
I had met him (Edward) on a couple of occasions- he was a bit strange however I was shocked with what transpired. Margaret was let down on so many levels. I have worked with Inverclyde council and unfortunately there are similar stories of people being let down by the system. I hoped when he died last year that Avril would speak up and admit what happened- but she continues to be a cold hearted liar.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The Gardai in ireland are notorious for being corrupt and not able to do their job properly. Baby on the Beach is a documentary on Channel 4 about a woman in rural Ireland in the 80's who had a baby out of wedlock and I won't ruin what happens but they basically tried to accuse her of killing her baby and forced a confession from her and her family while the DNA found on the murdered baby was not a match for her. The series is crazy really recommend watching

Reactions: 5
Interesting article. She isn't affording the mother any sympathy. Particularly like this quote:

"His mother, Sarah Piesse, who had separated from his father and not visited her “gorgeous” and “cheeky” son since November, following an argument, has demanded answers."
My jaw nearly hit the floor when I read that the mother said "social services should not be allowed to get away with this" -WHERE WERE YOU? YOU WERE HIS MOTHER????

• Heart
Reactions: 49
More info about the murders/suicide in Norfolk. The mum was at work :(

woman who was found dead with stab wounds along with two children and a man was on a trip from Thailand to visit her sister's family, and there were "no warning signs" beforehand, a friend says.

Kanticha Noon, 36, had arrived in the UK on December 27 and was staying at the family home of her sibling, her two daughters - seven-year-old Downreuang and Jasmin, 12 - and her sibling's husband Bartlomiej Jakub Kuczynski, 46.

Kanticha's best friend Naty Wathanakul told the Mirror she was due to fly home some point next month. The girls' mum was at work as a caretaker when the deaths were discovered, she said.

Describing her friend, she said: "She was very nice and caring to all friends of her, a really big supportive person, she helped everyone. We have been shocked and depressed since we knew about her death.

"I wasn't expecting that my friend wouldn't be able to come back alive. She was just a petite woman, i cant believe this happened to her. It was too cruel to handle, I was crying."

Naty said Kanticha had previously visited the UK last June and had originally been hesitant about coming over this month for "no reason". She said: "She didn't want to go to the UK this time for no reason because she went there once or twice a year normally."

• Sad
Reactions: 9

There’s always a lot of focus on feckless fathers but less so feckless mothers.

Sadly my partner is a result of a mother who did not give a single duck and prioritised drink and drugs over her kids.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The Gardai in ireland are notorious for being corrupt and not able to do their job properly. Baby on the Beach is a documentary on Channel 4 about a woman in rural Ireland in the 80's who had a baby out of wedlock and I won't ruin what happens but they basically tried to accuse her of killing her baby and forced a confession from her and her family while the DNA found on the murdered baby was not a match for her. The series is crazy really recommend watching
I watched The Baby on the Beach - it was crazy.

Reactions: 3

Sadly my partner is a result of a mother who did not give a single duck and prioritised drink and drugs over her kids.
I agree, there's so much focus on bad dad's because for some reason women can't be bad mothers. My partners mother is a horror (and that's being nice) and what she put him through is awful.

Reactions: 14

Realistically, there are more feckless fathers than feckless mothers, so that’s why they’re a more common story. And that has everything to do with the lesser biological role men play in pregnancy, birth and child rearing.

Feckless mothers obviously do exist. And, IMO, they’re treated with more disgust than feckless fathers.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
More info about the murders/suicide in Norfolk. The mum was at work :(

The poor mother, going to work with her own family and her sister seemingly safely at home and then coming back to that 😔

If the 6am 999 call was made by him I wonder if it was psychosis and he was trying to get help before he went too far.

Reactions: 10
A similar case happened a few months back didn't it? It was really upsetting.

Reactions: 1
There's been a case in Scotland. Seems the husband has stabbed the wife to death then stabbed himself in the heart.

The couple had become grandparents last year.

You have to wonder what goes through the minds of these men 😢😢😢

• Sad
Reactions: 6
There's been a case in Scotland. Seems the husband has stabbed the wife to death then stabbed himself in the heart.

The couple had become grandparents last year.

You have to wonder what goes through the minds of these men 😢😢😢
There is suggestion that steroids were involved: and the wife was helping the daughter with the baby but he thought she was having an affair- very sad all round

• Sad
Reactions: 6
According to Libby Purves in The Times today

View attachment 2706680

So before she gave birth to Bronson and his two older siblings, she’d already had two children placed into the care system.

The story about sending Bronson to live with his father because she didn’t have a stair gate absolutely beggars belief. But am I surprised that she seemed to care so little? Not one bit. In this article it’s said that she palmed him off because she was “struggling to cope”.

Hopefully the share token works:

It says in this article that when the social worker initially contacted police, both the mother and father’s addresses were provided but police chose to prioritise checking the mother’s house because they believed a child was at greater risk there due to the mother’s new partner (it doesn’t go into the details but I’m guessing there will be precious convictions for god knows what).
Eurgh, Libby Purves ain't nothing but a stanky old boiler herself. Still churning out tripe I see.

Has it been confirmed if Mr Battersby had any previous convictions?
He was a staunch supporter of the EDL and went to rallies. Might be related to that?
---
I agree, there's so much focus on bad dad's because for some reason women can't be bad mothers. My partners mother is a horror (and that's being nice) and what she put him through is awful.
I recently finished the memoir ‘I’m Glad My Mom Died’ and this quote from it really resonates with how bad behaviour from mothers is often glossed over due to the fact their mothers ‘Especially moms. They're the most romanticized of anyone. Moms are saints, angels by merely existing. NO ONE could possibly understand what it's like to be a mom. Men will never understand. Women with no children will never understand. No one buts moms know the hardship of motherhood, and we non-moms must heap nothing but praise upon moms because we lowly, pitiful non-moms are mere peasants compared to the goddesses we call mothers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Authorities suggest that only the most exceptional circumstances of intentional strangulation warrant a custodial sentence.

“My conclusion is that there is another way of dealing with this young man.

“He grabbed the victim by her neck and strangled her until she couldn’t breathe, that must have been terrifying for her.

“It is clearly an unhealthy relationship.”

Unhealthy relationship?! He attacked her to the point she couldn’t breathe.

I am shocked by this. Given how little time it could take for someone to die from this and how utterly terrifying it must be, I’m gobsmacked that he got a suspended sentence and that it seems to be the norm not to go to prison for this!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
FFS it’s less than 18 months since non fatal strangulation was made a criminal offence punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment and it’s now only the most exceptional cases that warrant a custodial sentence? 😡

IMG_6917.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.