Real Life Crime and Murder #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FFS it’s less than 18 months since non fatal strangulation was made a criminal offence punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment and it’s now only the most exceptional cases that warrant a custodial sentence? 😡

View attachment 2708225
I worked with someone who nearly killed his girlfriend by strangulation and he’s free to roam the streets and even participates on a social value committee who quite often are around vulnerable and school age people.

Justice, hey.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Reactions: 3
Mentally ill enough to not be able to stop himself killing 3 people, yet not so mentally ill that he didn't back off when the guy in the hostel punched him in the face.
If I was the family of any of the victims I'd want him convicted of murder.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
In fairness, backing off when someone punches you doesn't require sanity. A terribly sad story, and how brave of - and healing for - the families involved.

Reactions: 13
Some people are too mentally ill and too dangerous to be out in the community. Society is failed every time an innocent person is killed like this.

I can’t believe successive governments have slowly destroyed every public service we have - schools, hospitals, mental health units…

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Very tragic story for all involved. I'm sure he'll spend a very long time in a psychiatric unit, maybe never released.

Reactions: 5
Some people are too mentally ill and too dangerous to be out in the community. Society is failed every time an innocent person is killed like this.

I can’t believe successive governments have slowly destroyed every public service we have - schools, hospitals, mental health units…
It’s all so desperately sad. Early intervention just doesn’t happen as the resources are not available and services are often just not accessible to the most vulnerable people in our society. Then people get to crisis point and something awful like this happens. How bad does it have to get before much needed changes are made?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
RE Norfolk case - So this was another case of someone asking for help and not getting it. Very tragic.

--
A man who called 999 before his body and three others were found said he was confused and worried about his own mental state, it has been revealed.

The IOPC's regional director Charmaine Arbouin said: "During that call the man expressed concerns for his own mental state saying he was confused. He was advised to seek medical advice and police did not attend.

"At around 7am the force received a call from a dog walker concerned for the welfare of those within the home.

BBC News - Costessey deaths: Man told 999 handler of mental health fears

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
When he went missing in December, he was asking for help with his mental health then, but he walked out of the hospital unattended and didn’t receive any follow up

• Sad
Reactions: 13
RE Norfolk case - So this was another case of someone asking for help and not getting it. Very tragic.

--
A man who called 999 before his body and three others were found said he was confused and worried about his own mental state, it has been revealed.

The IOPC's regional director Charmaine Arbouin said: "During that call the man expressed concerns for his own mental state saying he was confused. He was advised to seek medical advice and police did not attend.

"At around 7am the force received a call from a dog walker concerned for the welfare of those within the home.

BBC News - Costessey deaths: Man told 999 handler of mental health fears
Oh my good god.

Reactions: 1
When he went missing in December, he was asking for help with his mental health then, but he walked out of the hospital unattended and didn’t receive any follow up
It's absolutely awful the mental health in our country. I know someone who turned up to the mental health hospital begging for help and they were turned away. Makes me so angry, we are told to open up about our mental health but then told "oh no we won't help you". It's just awful all round.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
It’s all so desperately sad. Early intervention just doesn’t happen as the resources are not available and services are often just not accessible to the most vulnerable people in our society. Then people get to crisis point and something awful like this happens. How bad does it have to get before much needed changes are made?
I must say I've recently had a wee bout of the old depression and I've actually been shocked at how proactive, probing, efficient and professional the GP, pharmacist and mental health nurse have been. They've got me real clinical help but now that I'm out the fog I can tell they've also asked safeguarding questions in regards to me and my child, they've tried to assess if I have an addiction etc. It's been very humbling honestly, what some people must come across in these job.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Anybody following the Jennifer Dulos case? The husband committed suicide but the trial of his then girlfriend has started.

Reactions: 5
It's been very humbling honestly, what some people must come across in these job.
Mental health professional here. Time after time we are abused and told services are useless. I always endeavour to do the best for my patients. When I worked in a community mental health team, work was almost always on my mind - to the point my mental health broke! The people on the frontline are not the issue - the governments are. Currently in the throes of ‘grip and control’ (no spending on non essentials like training or equipment required to deliver the service digitally) due to a massive overspend by other areas within my health board.
Police refusing to attend mental health incidents - 4 lives could have been saved in Norfolk. The whole system is f*cked . It’s so terribly sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Mental health professional here. Time after time we are abused and told services are useless. I always endeavour to do the best for my patients. When I worked in a community mental health team, work was almost always on my mind - to the point my mental health broke! The people on the frontline are not the issue - the governments are. Currently in the throes of ‘grip and control’ (no spending on non essentials like training or equipment required to deliver the service digitally) due to a massive overspend by other areas within my health board.
Police refusing to attend mental health incidents - 4 lives could have been saved in Norfolk. The whole system is f*cked . It’s so terribly sad.
Thank you on behalf of everyone you helped. At one point I was so out of it I arrived at my GP in tears after making an emergency appointment. When I got to reception I couldn't even think straight enough to sign into the online check-in screen. I'll never forget that the reception staff came over and logged me in, then one of them used my first name when she was chatting away to me. At the time hearing my name was the first point in ages I remembered I was a person under all the sadness. I suppose looking back she clocked my name to check on my notes I was getting all the follow up I needed etc. Could never, ever fault services in my area.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Has anyone watched American Nightmare on Netflix? Just about to start episode 2 and not sure what to think so far!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.