Real Life Crime and Murder #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why have 10 children (TEN!🤯) if you don’t want to look after them? I just don’t get it.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Why have 10 children (TEN!🤯) if you don’t want to look after them? I just don’t get it.
Not using contraception, using children as a plaster to fix relationships, using children to get money or help with welfare, etc. sadly with people like this lady and her partner it’s not uncommon to have lots of children for these sorts of reasons.

Reactions: 25
Not using contraception, using children as a plaster to fix relationships, using children to get money or help with welfare, etc. sadly with people like this lady and her partner it’s not uncommon to have lots of children for these sorts of reasons.
Yes I know, it’s just baffling to me.

Reactions: 5
Yes I know, it’s just baffling to me.
At least now the welfare system stops them at 2 or 3 because that's why people had so many kids for the money. 10 kids is a crazy amount especially when they keep being under social services or in care.

Reactions: 8
It feels increasingly like we are watching the film Idiocracy in action...the people who should have the least children actually having the most.

Even not at the level of poor Bronson's family, there are examples everywhere.
I knew of a young girl (early 20s) who had a number of issues and some LD, she was in a relationship with an alcoholic. She had 3 children and each one was taken into care a few weeks after they were born, as they weren't able to care for them safely. Each time she was pregnant she said it would be different. This was 10 years ago, I don't know what happened since but I suspect she will have kept having children and having them taken away.
One of my neighbours (on benefits, deals drugs on the side) has 5 children with her previous partner and 1 (so far) with the current one. He has at least 3 other children from past relationships, her Ex has another 2 children from his new relationship. They're all only late 30s/40 so that tally of 11 children could well rise in the next few years, especially if the current relationships fail and new ones are formed.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
It feels increasingly like we are watching the film Idiocracy in action...the people who should have the least children actually having the most.

Even not at the level of poor Bronson's family, there are examples everywhere.
I knew of a young girl (early 20s) who had a number of issues and some LD, she was in a relationship with an alcoholic. She had 3 children and each one was taken into care a few weeks after they were born, as they weren't able to care for them safely. Each time she was pregnant she said it would be different. This was 10 years ago, I don't know what happened since but I suspect she will have kept having children and having them taken away.
One of my neighbours (on benefits, deals drugs on the side) has 5 children with her previous partner and 1 (so far) with the current one. He has at least 3 other children from past relationships, her Ex has another 2 children from his new relationship. They're all only late 30s/40 so that tally of 11 children could well rise in the next few years, especially if the current relationships fail and new ones are formed.
You’re right it is everywhere and not uncommon. And chances are the pattern will just repeat itself when the children are old enough to have their own children.

Reactions: 4
I can’t imagine stabbing yourself in the neck.

In situations like this I find myself hoping that the children didn’t see any of it before they died 😔

IMG_6524.jpeg

---
I wonder why they aren’t naming the woman.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I can’t imagine stabbing yourself in the neck.

In situations like this I find myself hoping that the children didn’t see any of it before they died 😔

View attachment 2705412
---
I wonder why they aren’t naming the woman.
It’s not the mother of the children going by what I’ve seen by doing some Facebook digging she is alive she has changed both her fb pics to candles
---
It’s not the mother of the children going by what I’ve seen by doing some Facebook digging she is alive she has changed both her fb pics to candles
Also to add one of the girls was born in 2011 so would of only been 12 so young and she seemed to be the eldest out of the to

• Wow
It was reported in one place that it’s her sister.

Lots of fb just by searching the dad’s name. Photos, and I very easily found the eldest girl’s fb, and things that the dad and mum were tagged in - things they’d done with another family. So incredibly sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Reactions: 22
he was utterly guilty of that murder .. the recent documentary Netflix was very good, and just showed all the flaws in the initial investigation, the local GuardĂ­ were not experienced enough for this ,
May he rot..
Wow I've just been re listening to the West Cork podcast. He was as guilty as sin. Nasty piece of work. I feel so sorry for sophies family who will never see justice. The Irish police were useless and dishonest, plus Marie o'farrell making things up left, right and centre. A horribly sad, sad story from beginning to end, poor Sophie x

• Sad
Reactions: 9
he was utterly guilty of that murder .. the recent documentary Netflix was very good, and just showed all the flaws in the initial investigation, the local GuardĂ­ were not experienced enough for this ,
May he rot..
I've not heard of this case but will watch on Netflix, thanks. I watched the documentary about the Margaret Fleming murder on iPlayer at the weekend. Terribly sad case and the woman "carer" was just terrifying, no emotion whatsoever.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
May he rot..
I think I watched the documentary on this. Did they ever disclose what his motive was?

Reactions: 1
I dont think he did it I think they wanted to pin it on the village idiot.
If the murder happened in today's world where we absolutely absorb True Crime, her personal life would have been investigated more.
Not to say she deserved it of course but I feel so much energy was wasted looking at red herrings in this case and not the victim and the people associated with her.
Hindsight is always 20/20 though.
I do hope with his passing though,it can draw a line under this chapter for the locals of Schull/West Cork and bring peace to them.The case has haunted an area that didnt deserve a bad name imo.
I wonder what the attitude will be of her family now they cant hound Ian Bailey?

Reactions: 1
They had three children together - a 3yr old daughter and a 7yr old son. Someone else said she has 10 children - does she have custody of them all?!
According to Libby Purves in The Times today

IMG_4900.jpeg

So before she gave birth to Bronson and his two older siblings, she’d already had two children placed into the care system.

The story about sending Bronson to live with his father because she didn’t have a stair gate absolutely beggars belief. But am I surprised that she seemed to care so little? Not one bit. In this article it’s said that she palmed him off because she was “struggling to cope”.

Hopefully the share token works:

It says in this article that when the social worker initially contacted police, both the mother and father’s addresses were provided but police chose to prioritise checking the mother’s house because they believed a child was at greater risk there due to the mother’s new partner (it doesn’t go into the details but I’m guessing there will be precious convictions for god knows what).

• Sad
Reactions: 22

Disgusting man.
When this came to court previously I remember thinking that at least he'd not sexually assaulted Maria as well. But it turns out he actually had, poor woman.
Is there a legal reason why this wouldn't have been dealt with at the same time as the earlier charge?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.