Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hedylamar

Charlene downes parents are making headlines looking for the daughter 20 years on, They are disgusting people who shouldn’t have been allowed to have children , would love to think Charlene ran away and has a great life but i higher doubt it :(
Why are they disgusting? Do you know something the police don't?

HEC1993

Chatty Member
I fell down a hole watching 24 hours in police custody. Does anyone know what happened to Cortney Batchelor the guy that killed that other fella with one punch? He’d be out by now from what I can work out but nothing online etc

There are a lot more people convicted of offences related to possessing images of CSA than you'd probably realise - most cases you won't hear about as they don't get custodial sentences and don't make the papers or online reports (typically the ones that get reported are if there's more to it, like sending children messages or if it's someone in a position of responsibility where they might come in to contact with children - teacher, youth worker, police and so on). Even if the offenders have children, as has been said if the other parent agrees to continue the relationship or to allow contact social services don't tend to do much either if they don't consider the children are at risk.
I know someone who fell into this category, outwardly completely normal - only came to light when they had to complete a CRB check at work. Otherwise no one would have known (and I'm sure their current employers are none the wiser).
Agreed and I bet even more where they haven’t been caught (yet) but the partner is aware they’re looking at those kind of images and still stays.

MrsWhippy

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned but is what I think is the reason why I find it really interesting this kind of thing in general is the case of Ed Gein, was/is the inspiration for some pretty major and iconic horror and/or thriller films (as one person said about him is because directors have so much to work with).

He essentially did a lot of unspeakable things, was when a friend of mine brought over a DVD of the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 2003 with Jessica Biel, not in all fairness I don't think an all bad remake, is one of my favs actually for horrors as a whole is that lol. But when it said on the back Inspired by true events (or something like that) I looked into it a bit more and found was very loosely based on the things Ed Gein had done.

Seeing photos like people trying to peer in through the windows of the farm house he lived in, or when the police decided to investigate after he had killed not sure if was Bernice Worden or Mary Hogan when they decided to look into various bits of the farm house where he lived, but seeing them outside, when seeing what he'd done to either of those women made the policeman quite essentially throw up was that disturbing.

The night before it was think either the possessions inside they'd not used for to convict him or whatever, or the house itself was going for auction, the night prior was when someone had decided to set fire to it so there's still nothing there even now, but this was the house he lived in
View attachment 2587552
Two people peering in through the window of the house
View attachment 2587553
(had no electricity either)
View attachment 2587556
Actually I correct myself wasn't I don't think a photo right after they'd done a look around the property, but least a bit after.

Possibly the biggest documentary about him
The photo of the people peering through the window, who took that? Ed himself? Or police inside?

Yano

Chatty Member
What a sick individual. The headline sanitises what he’s done - it wasn’t a cow, it was a calf and he didn’t have sex he raped them.
the calves kept dying but they weren’t sure why. Turns out he was tying them up by their necks with his belt to make sure they didn’t move whilst he raped them.
Beggars belief that his girlfriend is supporting him!
Were they dying from being tied up then?

Bread

Chatty Member
i just think it’s naive to assume that the way to resolve it is to keep naive women away from big bad men. It’s patronising in the least and sexist at most.
Pretty hard not to be patronising to someone who's started boffing a sadistic murderer! Also I didn't mean he was "allowed" to have sex in prison, but that he was able to. It should simply not be possible.

That Eldridge story is something else. What a hideous human being Barnard is. Do his mum and sister think he's innocent? A "loveable rogue" I suspect.

Also, I suspect I'm being judgemental but why didn't Jarrett try to save his child, the way his mother did?

Last edited:

Kelly1822

In the video that I watched although it wasn’t very clear as was on twitter, I thought it looked like the bloke fell infront of him & lifted his leg up & Adam was behind him & got hit with the skate?

mooseknuckle

VIP Member
Kind of crime related as not all cases result in any charges but I have found Crash Detectives (BBC) really fascinating. New series on Monday nights and I binge watched past series on iplayer.

Some tragic cases and many of the crashes end up with death by dangerous driving convictions, but seeing how they piece together exactly what happened is quite impressive. Tiny bits of tarmac that are slightly different shape or colour can tell them what direction the tyres were going for example. And physically putting the vehicles into the position where they made impact creates quite the picture but is very sobering.
Watching this now, it’s incredible how they work it all out. Some very devastating episodes.

LouBug19

VIP Member
I thought the court application was to move the boy to the States, not for a 7 day holiday. As the resident parent, she wouldn't have needed permission for a holiday abroad from the father.
Yeah I've read it wrong. The boy was in the father's care right? Even if she did move abroad with the child the grandfather would still have limited contact. Doesn't make sense why he would kill those men.

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
She had connections to a cartel! It seems she may have known something and was killed for it by a male/ female known hitmen duo. The Prosecutors do a good deep dive on it.
It’s interesting that they stabbed her though, isn’t it? Usually a hit job is said to be done with a gun for a clean kill. Stabbing is an emotional murder.

Gers76

Chatty Member
Yeah he was attacked with a machete couple of years back, had his kids with him at the time. He was left with a fractured skull and other injuries. I’m sure it won’t be long before the retaliation starts. I’ve noticed a few comments have been removed it looks like some friends of Marc are replying with threats 🤦🏼‍♀️

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Does anyone know what sentence Adam Britton (the man who sexually abused and killed dogs) got? He was meant to be sentenced beginning of December but I haven’t heard anything.

nothinonyou

VIP Member
Yep. The people who leaked the identity of the boys who murdered Ana Kreigel in Ireland are going to face court and possible prison time themselves for their actions. Not worth it, no matter how monstrous the actions of the criminals you are sharing.
i heard this that the original decision is being overturned. Those boys identites have been so closley under wraps

I'm guessing it will be the same for Brianna Ghey's supposed killers, that trial is starting next week but those kids will never be identified.