Real Life Crime and Murder #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lancs Police are in trouble again - apparently a victim of DV took her own life on their watch while they brushed it all under the carpet. WTF is wrong with the police these days, let alone the nutjobs out there?

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Oh, I think media are doing everything they possibly can to try and deflect from their own disgusting recently behaviour. The two cases aren't even comparable.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Oh, I think media are doing everything they possibly can to try and deflect from their own disgusting recently behaviour. The two cases aren't even comparable.
I agree. Fed up of their ridiculous articles about Lancs police. Hope they go back to bitching about Megan & Harry soon.

• Haha
Lancs Police are in trouble again - apparently a victim of DV took her own life on their watch while they brushed it all under the carpet. WTF is wrong with the police these days, let alone the nutjobs out there?
Honestly the police are completely useless in my opinion. I've sadly had a few dealings with them in the past year including:

My friend was being beaten by her boyfriend, they sent two police officers round her house and one of them went to school with her. He said to her "well is this how you think this was going to go" very condescendingly, and was basically blaming her. She ended up shutting down and not giving a statement.

I had to call the police on a neighbouring block to work as a couple in a flat were having an argument and the woman was covered in blood, and the guy was throwing bottles out the window which almost hit my workers working below. The police came, 'tried' battering down the door, couldn't, and so told me there was nothing they could do and left.

I had a neighbour who had mental health issues who threatened to kill me - when I rang the police they said "is he actually threatening you right now" and I was like no it was like 5 minutes ago and I've locked all my doors etc... never sent a police response around.

I had a leak the other week from my neighbour upstairs and they wouldn't answer the door, but it was flooding my flat. I ended up calling 101 because what else could I do at 1am? In the end EIGHT police officers showed up! So a leak required eight police, but a threat to my life required none?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
This isn’t the case. They investigated DV offences and the victim later took her own life a few days after a call out. Seems that following the issues with NB - which hasn’t even been confirmed as a suicide or anything to do with DV - the poor woman’s family have spoken to the media saying that they don’t feel police responded quickly enough or appropriately to the incident so as is normal the police referred themselves to the IOPC due to the close time they had had contact with the victim prior to her death.

Reactions: 8
So she squirted accelerant on her back and set herself on fire?? Really ... FFS he's literally gotten away with murder.
It's like when apparent suicide victims shoot themselves in the back of the head! Doesn't happen. I also hope the police took photographs of his burnt hands as I'd be very interested to see if there were any "splash" patterns on there (from the accelerant)

There's a report in the MEN from November last year (can't link it unfortunately) which details all the avenues the coroner will be exploring.

I will be watching the outcome closely.This may lead to charges being brought?

Nicola Bulley’s inquest opened today. It was revealed they identified her via dental records and no cause of death was revealed. The inquest has been adjourned until June with a date and time yet to be decided by the pathologist’s availability. No family attended today but it’s not really needed as it’s just a formality and they probably would’ve been told by their FLO’s. Six members of the press there though.

The police watchdog is looking into the visit on 10th January.

I know it’s many years I’ve just watched a true crime on Sky about the vile woman Diane Downes who shot and killed her daughter and shot her two other children in her car.Thismis horrendous,one child killed two others shot but survived.One of the children was disabled by the shooting.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I know it’s many years I’ve just watched a true crime on Sky about the vile woman Diane Downes who shot and killed her daughter and shot her two other children in her car.Thismis horrendous,one child killed two others shot but survived.One of the children was disabled by the shooting.

There's quite a good movie retelling this case, starring Farrah Fawcett as Downs. It's heartbreaking. I believe the prosecutor ended up adopting the two surviving children if I remember rightly.

ETA: It's called Small Sacrifices, after the Ann Rule by the same name.

Reactions: 13
There's quite a good movie retelling this case, starring Farrah Fawcett as Downs. It's heartbreaking. I believe the prosecutor ended up adopting the two surviving children if I remember rightly.

ETA: It's called Small Sacrifices, after the Ann Rule by the same name.
Yes,as you say prosecutor adopted those babes.

Thankyou,I will look it up but unfortunatly I can’t stand vile killing of a child..

Looks like possible release 2025.🙁Hope no way ever she should be tasting freedom.

Reactions: 5
Sentencing round up:

35 year minimum term in the Elizabeth McCann case. He had 27 previous convictions including rape and sexual assault :(

23 year minimum term in the Frankie Fitzgerald case.

35 minimum term in the Norma Girolami case.

Reactions: 17
I watched the programme on Parole tonight. I found it interesting and very insightful.
looking forward to the next episode.

Reactions: 11
Thanks to whoever recommended Parole, it was so interesting. Looking forward to the next episode.

Someone has started a thread on Parole:

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.