Real Life Crime and Murder #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've recommended this series before but I've just watched one of these mini-documentary series about the tragic murder of Bennylyn Burke and her daughter.

The programme speaks with her sister and father however, for reasons of I suppose privacy, they don't mention at all that Innes kept her older daughter alive in the house for some considerable time after the murders and she was subjected to the most awful abuse.

I can only hope she's back home with her family in the Philippines now but having read the sentencing at the time - what he did to her was just disgusting. It seems she has almost been wiped from the story but god knows how she will ever recover from that house of horrors.

Edit to add ... even more shockingly Innes is going to appeal - i can't see that getting anywhere. Evil bastard.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I just watched this week's See No Evil - it's rebranded as Murder on CCTV here.

Quest Red (Sky 149) are showing the current season and, amazingly, we're only a week behind so this episode should be shown here next Saturday, 4th March. It's called Angel of Death.

Lucy Letby vibes for sure. Allegedly.

And more from the inquest of Nosheen Akhtar/Sarah Hussein:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
What the duck? So she told the paramedic that it was her husband and had spirit thrown all over her back, but somehow the husband gets let off?
I'm going to reserve judgment until I've heard what the police say at the inquest I think. So far, it sounds like there were conflicting stories and maybe the CPS wouldn't authorise a charging decision.

Reactions: 4
Stunned that Alex Murdaugh chose to take the stand. It seems he is even more arrogant than I had anticipated.

Reactions: 10
There's a programme on Channel 4 next week about Charles Bronson and whether he's safe to release.

Was looking forward to Cause of Death on 5Star. It's a repeat!

Stunned that Alex Murdaugh chose to take the stand. It seems he is even more arrogant than I had anticipated.
So he confessed that he had lied all the time about being at the dog kennels !
Why would you lie when you have just found your wife and son shot and killed ??? Makes no sense!!

He only had to come clean because his son had recorded him on the snap chat video !

He claims he lied because he was paranoid because of his drug use ! I’m actually questioning whether he was actually addicted to drugs because he got clean from his 20 year addiction very quickly !

Looking forward to todays cross examination !

Reactions: 4
So he confessed that he had lied all the time about being at the dog kennels !
Why would you lie when you have just found your wife and son shot and killed ??? Makes no sense!!

He only had to come clean because his son had recorded him on the snap chat video !

He claims he lied because he was paranoid because of his drug use ! I’m actually questioning whether he was actually addicted to drugs because he got clean from his 20 year addiction very quickly !

Looking forward to todays cross examination !
Not been following the trial but just finished the Netflix series so I might start.
Did someone say upthread that the documentary folk are still following the trial and more episodes will be released as soon as it's finished?
The Murdaugh's all seem dodgy as duck.

If he wasn't involved, how did he know which period of time to lie about?

Hearing him refer to his wife and dead son as Mags and Paw Paw knocked me sick. Creighton Waters was having none of it.

Bring on the rest of cross, I say!

Reactions: 6
I had a feeling Murdaugh was going to take the stand. He is so arrogant.

I really feel he was involved in the murders but I can't say it's been proven beyond reasonable doubt. That said he isn't helping himself right now.

Reactions: 3
I had a feeling Murdaugh was going to take the stand. He is so arrogant.

I really feel he was involved in the murders but I can't say it's been proven beyond reasonable doubt. That said he isn't helping himself right now.
If I was on the jury, honestly I don't feel I could convict him on what the state has put forward. I haven't been convinced that he actually did it. He's a shady scumbag of a man, has likely spent his whole life embroiled in dodgy dealings and lying is his default position, but I couldn't say beyond reasonable doubt he did this. I think there's a possibility he knows more, knows or suspects who did it, but won't reveal that because it would uncover even more of his web of shady dealings that they aren't aware of, or that he himself will get blown away. But I'm not sure he was the actual person that committed the murders.

Reactions: 5
I still can’t find figure out where the embezzled money was going. It has been established it was far too much for the drug dependency right?

I think he *did it but why is another question - really to deflect from the fraud at the law firm?

*I know nothing about the trial

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
March list for anyone interested. As usual, a real mixed bag and all dates subject to change especially London cases.

Ranjith Kankanamalage (Tower Hamlets) - 6th March 2023

Tai O’Donnell (Croydon) - 6th March 2023

Olivia Pratt-Korbel (Dovecot) - 6th March 2023 (Manchester Crown Court)

Kyron Lee (Slough) - 6th March 2023

Dylan Bacon (Old Swan) - 6th March 2023

Emmanuel Odunlami (London) - 6th March 2023

Madison Wright (Basildon) - 13th March 2023

Claire Holland (Bristol) - 13th March 2023

Khayri Mclean (Fartown) - 15th March 2023

Henry Thwaite (Clumber Park) - 20th March 2023

Adam Clapham (Rotherham) - 20th March 2023

Thomas Parker (Reading) - 20th March 2023

Tomasz Olezak (Gateshead) - 21st March 2023

Alex Smith (Camden) - 27th March 2023

Philip Woodcock (Hellaby) - 27th March 2023

Charley Bates (Radstock) - 27th March 2023

Reactions: 9
Just wow, I don’t think I’ve ever read such a depressing account of the most dysfunctional relationship imaginable - and I had to Google a sexual term id not heard of before.

The detailed sentencing remarks for Shaye Groves.

Clearly, Shaye Groves had a lot of issues and was spiralling badly with alcohol and drug use seemingly encouraged by the victim. She sounds really fucked up. Before I'd finished reading, I was thinking she sounds like a classic case of borderline personality disorder and that is indeed what she's been diagnosed with. I actually feel a bit sorry for her reading that. And, unsurprisingly, Frankie wasn't the angel he was made out to be by his family - convicted domestic abuser and rapist. Nice.

Someone was always going to end up dead in this situation - it was just a question of who and I include the ex-boyfriends, ex-girlfriends and female friends in that.

By the way, I'm pretty sure I know the term you had to Google. Never heard of it either but guessed what it was when put together with the other term used.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.