Parole (BBC)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watch this the other night? It's a good show for those who like 24 hours in police custody and similar types.

I thought the first guy who'd done 25 years for murder seemed like he could change, although I'd never put him low risk. I think as he's institutionalized he thrives in the prison environment, the outside not so much. But I think he probably was due another shot at it especially as he's living on own and got a bit of responsibility with his Dog.
The second guy was as grubby and sleazy as they came. A complete Sociopath. I think all the stuff he was spouting about Russia was complete nonsense. Glad he didn't get out, the Psychologist woman was definitely taken in by him at first.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Anyone watch this the other night? It's a good show for those who like 24 hours in police custody and similar types.

I thought the first guy who'd done 25 years for murder seemed like he could change, although I'd never put him low risk. I think as he's institutionalized he thrives in the prison environment, the outside not so much. But I think he probably was due another shot at it especially as he's living on own and got a bit of responsibility with his Dog.
The second guy was as grubby and sleazy as they came. A complete Sociopath. I think all the stuff he was spouting about Russia was complete nonsense. Glad he didn't get out, the Psychologist woman was definitely taken in by him at first.
Really enjoyed this programme. I totally agree with you about the psychologist. Yes he definitely didnt see that his behaviour has been damaging to others

Reactions: 7
It was one of the best straight to the point documentaries from the BBC I've seen in a while

Reactions: 10
I absolutely loved this and really looking forward to the rest.
The second guy was just a pathalogical liar - he can't help himself can he. But i really hope the first guy can stay out of trouble and live a quiet life with his dog. You do feel that as soon as something goes wrong - or someone talks to him in the wrong way that he's going to flip - he has a short fuse that he finds hard to control. So much damage done in childhood.

Reactions: 17
The fraudster was so slimy and he really gave me the creeps! Didn’t believe a word that came out of his mouth. He doesn’t care what he did to those women and I think the parole board woman was right, he’ll reoffend soon enough.

Reactions: 12
The fraudster was so slimy and he really gave me the creeps! Didn’t believe a word that came out of his mouth. He doesn’t care what he did to those women and I think the parole board woman was right, he’ll reoffend soon enough.
I thought the same! He freaked me out

Reactions: 3
Just finished watching too. The first guy I could see had an undercurrent of menace just underneath the surface. His mouth seemed to twist into a smirk no matter how much he tried to hide it. Clearly doesn’t take much for him to become violent either.

The fraudster seemed to try hard to come across as none too bright but it must be all part of the act.

Episode 2 : another very interesting episode and I broadly agreed with the decisions made about both offenders.

Reactions: 5
Yeah the first guy had a weird energy about him. The religious stuff doesn't mask it either. I get the feeling he probably likes to fight.

I think the second guy will almost certainly go on to reoffend. I'm surprised it was such a low sentence for arson as well. Thought it was like 9 years or something

Reactions: 6
Yeah the first guy had a weird energy about him. The religious stuff doesn't mask it either. I get the feeling he probably likes to fight.

I think the second guy will almost certainly go on to reoffend. I'm surprised it was such a low sentence for arson as well. Thought it was like 9 years or something
i feel that when violent men ‘find god’ it becomes a justification for their actions ‘well god loves me, Jesus forgives me etc’ …

I do worry about the second man. With a criminal record , no family support and drug and mental health issues - its not going to be easy.

• Heart
I saw no real remorse from either of them,just like the two last week,just attributing blame to their upbringings. Not really taking accountability for their actions and then reoffending. Neither of the blokes sentenced for murder mentioned feeling anything for their victims or their families and what they had lost. It was self pity . I know people's backgrounds play a part,but when do people take accountability for their own actions and how those actions impact on others?

Reactions: 8
Hoping tonight is a bit of an improvement on last week. Wasn't as keen for the second episode

Reactions: 2
Watching episode two and I clocked straight away that Simran was female. Their face was so incredibly feminine. I put it down to them maybe just having a baby face, but no, I was right.

Interesting to see that Simran insisted on a male prison. That must have presented a lot of safeguarding issues re. other male prisoners.

Reactions: 4
Watching episode two and I clocked straight away that Simran was female. Their face was so incredibly feminine. I put it down to them maybe just having a baby face, but no, I was right.

Interesting to see that Simran insisted on a male prison. That must have presented a lot of safeguarding issues re. other male prisoners.
I thought that he was in a single bed room within a house in a female prison?

Reactions: 4