Real Life Crime and Murder #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
dont know maybe the man must be sick in the head and is lying about what he found ? why anyone would do that is beyond me thats shocking and vile to say such things ! obviously there is something wrong with him anyway if hes in prison like this is so wrong should we report this to the authorities cos people cant go around lying about somehing like that !!!!!

dont know maybe the man must be sick in the head and is lying about what he found ? why anyone would do that is beyond me thats shocking and vile to say such things ! obviously there is something wrong with him anyway if hes in prison like this is so wrong should we report this to the authorities cos people cant go around lying about somehing like that !!!!!

Reactions: 2
I’m just watching this on the news.

I’m disgusted. How many more times is this going to happen?
Until we begin to accept that you can only rehabilitate criminals who actively want to reform many more times unfortunately.

From my observation over the last decade or so there has been a distinct movement away from seeing criminals as dangerous predators, to seeing them as almost quasi-victims of whatever societal unfairness is currently trending.

Reactions: 21
I’m sure it’s already been mentioned on here, but just in case it hasn’t, an interesting trial has just started in the US. A guy called Alexander Jackson shot his dad mum and sister and himself in the foot, then pretended an intruder did it. The bodycam footage is on YouTube.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Reading the family pen portraits of the victims from the Plymouth shooting and the final sentence from John Shepherd about his wife Kate Shepherd who was shot is rather lovely and poignant - ‘I have made thousands of decisions in my life, but the best by far was marrying Kate.’

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I saw they are actually doing live reporting from the inquest - I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

I did read in the Mail article that Stephen Washington went out to walk one of their dogs. His wife heard some bangs shortly after but didn’t think much of it but a few minutes later there were banging and scratching sounds on the front door - the dog had come all the way back home by herself with her lead still on and was trembling. She must have been terrified and the thought of her running back home alone is so sad ☹

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Until we begin to accept that you can only rehabilitate criminals who actively want to reform many more times unfortunately.

From my observation over the last decade or so there has been a distinct movement away from seeing criminals as dangerous predators, to seeing them as almost quasi-victims of whatever societal unfairness is currently trending.
☝🏼 This. The UK is so bad for it. Lige should mean lige and if you fiddle with children you should be thrown in a dark hole

Reactions: 12
☝🏼 This. The UK is so bad for it. Lige should mean lige and if you fiddle with children you should be thrown in a dark hole
The problem with this guy is that being in prison, even for life will probably not even phase him. He is a hopeless addict, all he cares about, all he has ever cared about, is drugs. An old hand like him will have made contact with his inside supplier within days, and will have done whatever was necessary to ensure his supply line. I would bet my salary that this is what the two “assaults on prison staff” where about. If prison is to mean anything he must go through very bad cold turkey. I could not care less if was found in his cell rocking back and forth crying and sitting in his own faeces and piss. Only when the drugs are completely out of his system will the magnitude of what he has done hit him. Perhaps. This won’t happened though because prisons have a duty of care and his worse case scenario would be he would have regular access to methadone or something like that. He’ll be happy enough. Have you ever wondered why, when “Prison reform organisations” (god they always sound so bleeping noble don’t they) raise legal actions they do it on behalf of Prisoner X or Y? Always unknown and unnamed. Because put it this way it’s never on behalf of a regretful 18 year old serving six months for burglaries for whom there may be hope, but more likely a long term prisoner who doesn’t have tit to lose. If the names of their clients became known, then they are not so noble after all.

Drugs are insidious and you can see it even on people who use supposedly harmless substances such as cannabis. I remember my stoner friends at uni. The only time they became animated was when talking about cannabis, or the quality of the product. They would associate with any form of lowlife. They would say this was because they were none judgemental and see the good in all people (ah self delusion, it’s a wonderful thing), but nah, it was because the lowlife had access to cannabis. And for all their talk about being kind and gentle people because of cannabis, they didn’t half display an inner Ghengis Khan if they ever thought they were short measured of the quality wasn’t good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m so sick of men right now!!

His girlfriend died of cancer in January 2018 and just three months later in April 2018 he used her cancer drugs to drug a woman he met on a first date so he could have sex with her. Unfortunately for him she died. So he’s on trial for manslaughter.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I think it’s important to recognise that there are many good and caring men too. Unfortunately, they aren’t interesting enough to report on. Also, with our interest in true crime we are possibly overloaded with stories of hideous, callous men as they are, more often than not, the perpetrators.

Reactions: 22
I’m a bit done with the ‘not all men’ response tbh.
I feel conflicted about this. Of course the 'not all men' argument is trash and totally unhelpful to women who face danger and harassment on a daily basis at the hands of men. But I've also noticed myself becoming so jaded towards men and rejecting the idea of dating through the fear and anger that I feel from being bombarded with these kinds of stories on a daily basis. Maybe that's a good thing- after all these stories are real and the danger that men can pose to women is real. I'm just not sure I want to live with this level of suspicion and fear.

Reactions: 23
!'ve been waiting for the one to come to trial for almost two years:

No update since charging and first court appearance.

However, the defendant's name has appeared on the court listings, as an ongoing trial, twice at different times since then. Still no update though.

His name popped up again last week and I've now found this report. Got to be the same fella right?

So, now I think the following:

First trial for the murder was stopped for some reason and the jury discharged and couldn't be reported on.

Second listing was the retrial for the murder - he was very likely found guilty but it can't be reported on for fear of prejudicing the forthcoming rape trial. We'll probably found out the outcome when this latest trial concludes.

Reactions: 9
I’m sure it’s already been mentioned on here, but just in case it hasn’t, an interesting trial has just started in the US. A guy called Alexander Jackson shot his dad mum and sister and himself in the foot, then pretended an intruder did it. The bodycam footage is on YouTube.
I’ve been watching this! Absolutely no emotion on the body cam footage

Reactions: 1
I know one of you already flagged this from your own sleuthing. The police have now revealed this officially.
F48C402F-E689-4A91-B33D-FD4F41422166.jpeg

Edited: oh it won’t let me link!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I feel conflicted about this. Of course the 'not all men' argument is trash and totally unhelpful to women who face danger and harassment on a daily basis at the hands of men. But I've also noticed myself becoming so jaded towards men and rejecting the idea of dating through the fear and anger that I feel from being bombarded with these kinds of stories on a daily basis. Maybe that's a good thing- after all these stories are real and the danger that men can pose to women is real. I'm just not sure I want to live with this level of suspicion and fear.
Yeah I do understand. But we know it’s not all men.

I’m speaking generally here and not aiming at OP but it seems it you complain about being sick of men attacking women then there is nearly always someone who pipes up ‘not all men’, like their main concern is the good men who will be hurt or have their good name tarnished unfairly. When actually the concern should be that it’s nearly always men that are violent towards women, why is that and what are we going to do about it.

I think it’s been a particularly bad week with Carrick, the Plymouth inquests and Scotlands gender recognition bill. Even a male MP shouting at a female MP in the Houses of Parliament because she dared raise concerns about safeguarding of women and girls when anyone with an ounce of decency about them will know that male predators will absolutely use this to their advantage, they already are, and women are not being listened to and just meant to accept being collateral damage for a ‘be kind’ motivated policy. I know this is moving into other territory but it’s all a factor of why I’m just sick of ‘men’ (caveat: not all men) at the moment.

So to then read a report of a woman going on a first date and ending up dead at the hands of yet another man has made me really angry.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Agreed, don't think we need to say it's not all men. We know that. But it's too many men. It's not the weird pervy bloke in a flasher mac lurking in a darkened alleyway, it's serving policemen who should be there to protect us. It's normal looking blokes on dating apps. There are levels of anger and rage in men directed at women now that I can honestly say I never saw as a young woman. I have been through - as I'm sure many of us have - too many minor sexual assaults, been harassed by men more times than I can remember. But only in the last 10-15 years have I experienced men I don't know scream in my face or threaten me with violence (for the most innocuous reasons).

It concerns me why so many men are so angry. And why they direct that anger at others (usually, but not exclusively women). Because they can, I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.