Real Life Crime and Murder #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is quite local to me. He’s full of bullshit. I’m annoyed there’s no live reporter been in court for this case but the main focus is on the Bukhari trial.
I agree, the reporting on this has been fairly minimal whereas we get a minute by minute narration of the Bukhari trial.

Reactions: 2
Is anyone watching 24hours in Police Custody? Why on earth has that silly man just announced to the world he has a garage full of expensive tools and more to the point, why didn't the producing team cut it??!

Reactions: 3
Is anyone watching 24hours in Police Custody? Why on earth has that silly man just announced to the world he has a garage full of expensive tools and more to the point, why didn't the producing team cut it??!
He’s moved now and probably had to sell all his tools to pay his legal expenses !
That poor families life ruined by thieving scumbags !

Reactions: 9
He’s moved now and probably had to sell all his tools to pay his legal expenses !
That poor families life ruined by thieving scumbags !
Yeah, he said a bit later he moved and how he'd spent all their savings. My criticism wasn't necessarily of him, I was just baffled they allowed that bit to air. I was surprised by his sentence and nearly cried when they talked about their baby. Just awful. it seems a lot for a first offence, especially given the others with previous got suspended sentences.

Reactions: 8

i was watching this and i’m trying to find info for the first case. 18 year old John Threlfall in Lancashire. apparently a woman entered a store asking for directions toward the street he lived on and seemed upset/in a hurry but when they interviewed everyone on the street, none of them said they were expecting a visitor.

i’ve tried to find answers but i can’t. does anyone know anything?
How odd, I usually google all the cases mentioned here and read about them. This one zero comes up literally nothing, not even a news article from the time. This is the only case I have not been able to read about.
Very strange.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
How odd, I usually google all the cases mentioned here and read about them. This one zero comes up literally nothing, not even a news article from the time. This is the only case I have not been able to read about.
Very strange.
i missed, in the description of that at video it says it’s labelled as accidental but the way they described it and for what i could find, it doesn’t sound accidental at all

Reactions: 1
The probable cause affidavit has just been released in the Delphi case. It certainly looks like they have their man. Those poor poor girls.
I can't imagine what their families are feeling!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
The probable cause affidavit has just been released in the Delphi case. It certainly looks like they have their man. Those poor poor girls.
I can't imagine what their families are feeling!
It’s a very, very weak case though. Weaker than I thought. It just comes down to witness testimony and a single unspent bullet matching his gun. There is potential for the defence to tear this apart if they don’t come up with more.

Yeah, he said a bit later he moved and how he'd spent all their savings. My criticism wasn't necessarily of him, I was just baffled they allowed that bit to air. I was surprised by his sentence and nearly cried when they talked about their baby. Just awful. it seems a lot for a first offence, especially given the others with previous got suspended sentences.
Just caught up with this and wish I hadn’t. I’m livid.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It’s a very, very weak case though. Weaker than I thought. It just comes down to witness testimony and a single unspent bullet matching his gun. There is potential for the defence to tear this apart if they don’t come up with more.
I have a feeling there is far more to it. Him saying he doesn't allow anyone to use that gun surely strengthens their case? Surely they'll have more evidence? They don't need to put all their evidence into the affidavit right? (I'm not familiar with American law enforcement so this case is super interesting to me!)

Reactions: 4
I believe they can prove the bullet ‘cycled’ through his gun. So although it’s an unspent bullet, it’s passed through his gun or has been in it at some point and has all the unique marks that only that gun would mark on a bullet

I’m so shocked by the Delphi murders unfolding. Do you think RA was on the police radar from the outset and there were perhaps procedural errors at the crime scene which has made it very hard for the police to build their case? It just seems terrifying he was there all along. There were some really outlandish and horrifying rumours in the early months that I fell down a rabbit hole into. Those poor girls and their families, what an awful awful case. I also feel for the community who must be appalled that he was amongst them for all that time.

What do you guys think might have been the motive? It definitely feels premeditated to me. I agree that the Klines may still somehow be involved but again I just can’t fathom how it’s taken this long to break the case open.

I’m so shocked by the Delphi murders unfolding. Do you think RA was on the police radar from the outset and there were perhaps procedural errors at the crime scene which has made it very hard for the police to build their case? It just seems terrifying he was there all along. There were some really outlandish and horrifying rumours in the early months that I fell down a rabbit hole into. Those poor girls and their families, what an awful awful case. I also feel for the community who must be appalled that he was amongst them for all that time.

What do you guys think might have been the motive? It definitely feels premeditated to me. I agree that the Klines may still somehow be involved but again I just can’t fathom how it’s taken this long to break the case open.
I'm hoping (which sounds awful to say considering the circumstances!) That there's far more to it than we know and it's far deeper than what it seems atm.

I agree that I think the Klines are still involved somewhat. It seems far too planned out for it to just be a random killing..in the middle of the day? With all these people around?? Seems a huge risk for a first time killer who just happens to fancy killing someone to undertake. I think there's far more to it. Why those two? When it's already been made clear that one witness saw Bridge Guy on the bridge when she was alone...

It may have taken this long simply because they didn't have enough evidence until now to apply for a PCA.

Looking at the images of bridge guy and then the video of RA outside the courthouse, I will say I think they look very similar. However that could just be my brain seeing what I want it to see.

The evidence, although circumstantial in the eyes of the law, seems either very damning or everything is just a huge coincidence for RA.

I'm just hoping it doesn't come out that he's actually a serial killer. But it does seem far too intense of a murder for a first time.killer at age 45 to start with doesn't it?

Reactions: 7
From the couple of podcasts I’ve listened to about this the two survivors were on separate floors - I think the building is 4 or 5 floors. (also been described as being like a separate apartment ‘it even had its own entryway’) and their bedroom doors were locked.

I also heard on one podcast the roommate who survived whose room was closest to the murders did hear ‘something’ but knew her other rooms mates had company/thought they had a boyfriend over and they were getting food from the kitchen so just fell back to sleep.
there is only three floors on the second floor there is a sliding glass patio door and I heard that it was probably unlocked, and this is where the killer entered into the house. The first floor is what a lot of people are calling the basement.

there are two cars that have been removed from the parking area of that house today.
Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 9.32.09 PM.png

Delphi: after reading the pages that were posted on the FB group I’m in, I’m shocked the police did not release more of the trail witnesses testimonies before now. It was a fair bit! A friend or a relative of RA could have made the connection long ago had all those bits been released. I was under the impression that the police were keeping just the morbid crime scene details private (for good reason) but all that stuff in that document was more on the guy and the car, and the parking positioning - and crucial timings. Had that been released it could have jogged other memories for others.
Anyway, I do think it’s him. What I don’t get is why October for the development. They will have known since 2017 that that bullet was a piece of the evidence. It was slap bang in the middle of the bodies so would have been bagged up. And also he was interviewed in 2017 and said he was on the trail and bridge. I assume his interview at that time touched on firearms. So given he says he was there and fits the description from the witnesses why didn’t they have grounds to ask to examine his gun back in 2017? As I type this, I wonder whether it was an oversight because they knew it was an unspent bullet so did not think it could be linked to a specific gun. As it turns out, any bullet sitting in a gun may experience some degree of marking. Given him being there, fitting the description maybe they only got grounds to search his house when someone accused him of the tool theft. If that’s true.

Idaho: they’ve towed all five cars that were in front of the house (4 cars are the victims, 1 car belongs to 1 of the victim’s siblings who was called over to the house BEFORE 911 was called).

They are also now charging and prosecuting the person who was involved in the Sept 12 knife incident on campus, seems a bit strange to me that they are suddenly doing this now after saying the cases are not related, my guess is to get this guy’s DNA.

A lot of focus is now on Ethan and Xana who went to a frat party the night of the murders, unconfirmed reports are saying that there is an incident that happened either that night or just before but the Greek sororities/fraternities are scared to talk to police.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
@Treesy19

I agree , I get why many details are held back to protect the integrity of the case but it does feel more and more like there have been police missteps here.

@AladdinSane I agree with all your points too. It definitely feels like an outlandish first crime. Do you think that Ron Logan was actually involved in anyway , not directly necessarily. It just blows my mind how in such a small community this has taken so long to solve. I think I am actually very naive about how difficult crimes are even in this day and age with tons of CCTV, phones, search history etc etc , this and Idaho just prove it isn’t that simple.

Reactions: 2
same, its so baffling.
I saw on a reddit thread that the wording the police are using makes it out that overkill was used on one victim, so maybe 1 was the target and the other 3 were collateral damage.

there's also talk about Xana's mum being a drug addict, apparently she was arrested a few days ago. would this make Xana a target?

defo try check out the reddit thread MoscowMurders for all this info I found - it's mostly rumors and speculation

Thank you so much for sharing the Reddit page. I have been ploughing through web sleuths but find it really hard to navigate and too heavily moderated.

Reactions: 1
@Willowlondon

I'm not actually sure about Ron Logan. It seems highly stupid to commit those types of crimes on your own property. Which would immediately be linked back to you. I think if he had anything to do with it (like agreed to turn a blind eye or arranged for them to be taken there), they would have likely caught RA a while ago.

I have to think there is far more to it though. He can't have been just hiding there. Unless they had an idea but nothing too concrete to even put together a PCA. You can't arrest someone based on 4 kids saying they saw a weird looking man. The only thing that makes me think they knew who they were after but couldn't go after him is all the stuff DC was saying in interviews about hiding in plain sight.

I think the Klines know more than has been let on and they have something to do with being able to focus on RA. I also think if it is Richard allen then this is definitely not his first rodeo.

I do hope it ends up being bigger than just a random killing because otherwise LE look absolutely useless. And Abby and Libby will have waited over 6 years for justice when it could have been solved in a year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.