Real Life Crime and Murder #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my goodness never heard of this case and just read up. The judge who originally exonerated him - what an appalling mistake. I couldn't live with myself.
The SCR is a serious piece of reading and the failure of all agencies is there in black and white. It's hard to have any sympathy for anyone who was involved with that family in any professional capacity. Unfortunately, I don't feel like things have moved on any and expect to read many more that recommend the same changes only for them not to happen.

Reactions: 8

No words
My opinion is that if parents are drug addicts they shouldn’t be able to keep children in their
Care ? I dealt with a case of a newborn baby suffocated by a heroine addict that was known by the healthcare professionals to be an addict I
Will never understand how it’s acceptable for drug addicts children to remain in their care ?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

No words
This is awful. I appreciate it's a tough job being a social worker but it seems like these tossers run rings round them.

So the last time the SW called at the house, dad said the baby was asleep, so she didn't see him. Could she not have asked to wait? Said she'd just look in on him but not wake him up? Said ok, I'll pop back later (although they would probably have been 'out' then of course)
Especially as the visit before that, she'd apparently not spoken to either parent as they didn't answer the door and she only saw the baby through the window asleep :( The report says the parents were playing music upstairs - but given neither of them answered the door who knows if they were even home, they might've gone out and left music playing.

These poor children are failed in every way, it's terrible.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
This is awful. I appreciate it's a tough job being a social worker but it seems like these tossers run rings round them.

So the last time the SW called at the house, dad said the baby was asleep, so she didn't see him. Could she not have asked to wait? Said she'd just look in on him but not wake him up? Said ok, I'll pop back later (although they would probably have been 'out' then of course)
Especially as the visit before that, she'd apparently not spoken to either parent as they didn't answer the door and she only saw the baby through the window asleep :( The report says the parents were playing music upstairs - but given neither of them answered the door who knows if they were even home, they might've gone out and left music playing.

These poor children are failed in every way, it's terrible.
I agree but I think the alternative is often that the children would be taken out of their parents care and then they would be sitting ducks for other abusers/county lines etc hence it is such a high bar to have your kids taken off you. But then when you read about Ellie Butler who had loving grandparents desperate to have her and I believe Arthur Labinjo-Hughes was similar. I just don’t know. It’s beyond comprehension but I do think some drugs which are thought to be relatively harmless actually have very strong psychological effects which contribute in some cases.

Reactions: 14
That is why I genuinely don’t agree with the hate Social Workers receive and the idea that they’re steal children from the hands of loving parents as some wasters would like you to believe.

Because in nearly every child death case social workers were involved and weren’t taken away as the situation didn’t seem dire. Imagine how bad the situations truly are when they do make the decision to take children away from their home? Horrifying.

Reactions: 23
My opinion is that if parents are drug addicts they shouldn’t be able to keep children in their
Care ? I dealt with a case of a newborn baby suffocated by a heroine addict that was known by the healthcare professionals to be an addict I
Will never understand how it’s acceptable for drug addicts children to remain in their care ?
You wouldn’t get a child removed because parents smoke weed. You would need a lot more than that to meet threshold.

I would have asked to see that baby, considering the last time the SW saw them. I’d of gone upstairs and checked. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
It depends on all the other factors, if they are keeping their children safe and providing good enough care then they are deemed to be functioning drug addicts and allowed to keep the children.

Reactions: 5
Social workers, can I ask you a question? If there is an assault on a child, such as they are burned, what happens? I never reported what I went through as a kid and I’ve always wondered what would have happened if I had- I was too young and afraid tho.

• Heart
  • Sad
Oh my goodness never heard of this case and just read up. The judge who originally exonerated him - what an appalling mistake. I couldn't live with myself.
The doctor that performed the post mortem described the back of Ellie’s head as a boggy mass….

I don’t think I stopped crying for several days after reading that

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Social workers, can I ask you a question? If there is an assault on a child, such as they are burned, what happens? I never reported what I went through as a kid and I’ve always wondered what would have happened if I had- I was too young and afraid tho.
I've worked with children who have social workers and have read reports that detail suspicious injuries, including burns. They often request a medical examination which is then carried out to determine if the parents/carers story matches the injury. If there are any suspicions that it was negligent/non-accidental then an intervention *should be put in place.

*Isn't always. Varies widely from area to area and also looks at previous social care involvement on a case by case basis.

Reactions: 7
Medical examination would be carried out and a police investigation / social care safeguarding investigation would run concurrently, and the child would be taken to a place of safety (i.e. away from the person who allegedly caused the harm). If it’s unknown who has caused the injury then the child may be taken into care while investigations are ongoing.

Sorry you had to go through that, so many children are scared to make allegations against parents / family. At the end of the day, they’re the people who should be keeping you safe ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think a lot of people overestimate the care system…it is more often than not an abusive environment. My friend adopted a few years ago and her son has been physically and emotionally abused and neglected while in multiple foster homes. Many children are sexually abused too. Her son went through 7 foster homes before finally being adopted by my friend and he still thinks my friend is going to abandon him at some point.
These children suffer so much and it breaks my heart.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I think a lot of people overestimate the care system…it is more often than not an abusive environment. My friend adopted a few years ago and her son has been physically and emotionally abused and neglected while in multiple foster homes. Many children are sexually abused too. Her son went through 7 foster homes before finally being adopted by my friend and he still thinks my friend is going to abandon him at some point.
These children suffer so much and it breaks my heart.
This is why I hate it when people say it’ll be fine to ban abortions and just let the children be adopted.

Reactions: 19
Off topic but does anybody hear how Ben Butler is doing in prison?

I fervently hope he’s suffering but the size of him plus his psycho tendencies probably keep him safe…
I went very deep (too deep) on this case. Ellie went to the same school as my oldest and I felt personally affected by it. Samantha Grey will be free by now. Her oldest daughter dead, her youngest in care - and for what? A violent, lying, pathetic, angry excuse of a little man.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I went very deep (too deep) on this case. Ellie went to the same school as my oldest and I felt personally affected by it. Samantha Grey will be free by now. Her oldest daughter dead, her youngest in care - and for what? A violent, lying, pathetic, angry excuse of a little man.
Same here. I also read a lot into this case and it’s interesting how BB’s previous time for a firearms offence wasn’t ever raised by the media when Max Clifford had him doing the rounds trying to portray himself as a victim, nor the incident of an assault on a previous girlfriend I believe?

The awful injuries SG was hospitalised for on a number on occasions highlights what a depraved and evil pos BB is. Poor Ellie stood no chance against that monster and I bet SG is probably still in contact with BB even though she has lost both her daughters.

It was Jennie Gray, the mum. I read a document last year, I guess it was the SCR that someone posted here. I was so shocked that a woman could act so obsessed with a maniac. I hope the other little girl is in a happy place now wherever she is.

Of course it’s Jennie Grey 🤦🏼‍♀️
I couldnt imagine how confused those girls must have been, taken from a home where they had known nothing but love to live with a violent monster. They were so little and fragile.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.