RawBeautyKristi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel for her kid, I hope she gets better for his sake. If not he's gonna dislike her eventually and I wouldn't blame him.

Reactions: 5
Well I finally got through that whole video and... yikes. She needs to talk to a therapist as soon as possible. Yes, Kristi, it really is PPA/PPD. Please get help.

Reactions: 1
There's a lot that's bothered me about her since her pregnancy. She seemed to have this fantasy of motherhood that was more of an aunt than an actual mom. It's not easy. She wants everything to be perfect in her eyes. Lots of complaining. She could not handle another child, much less the one she has now.

Reactions: 6
I remember with my first son how shocked I was to realise the first year of his life was extremely tough. He suffered horrendous colic for months and I feel like he didn't engage with me and his dad until he was 6 months old. Those were dark times. I was miserable and sleep deprived. But you know what I did? I spoke to a professional instead of over sharing on the internet with a cringey video.

Reactions: 9
I've seen some of the comments on beauty guru chatter on Reddit, and they're pretty dead on. The issue here is that she's creating a parasocial relationship with the audience. We're being asked to shoulder her burdens and listen to her in the midst of this mental health episode. But we can't really respond because if we do, we're just "the replies" or "the comments".

At the same time, she keeps acting like no one can understand her. No "mamas" have had as hard a time as her, and no childfree people can possibly grasp the monumental life change that's happening.

Except they can. And they see it as the PPD/PPA it is.

I've seen some of the comments on beauty guru chatter on Reddit, and they're pretty dead on. The issue here is that she's creating a parasocial relationship with the audience. We're being asked to shoulder her burdens and listen to her in the midst of this mental health episode. But we can't really respond because if we do, we're just "the replies" or "the comments".

At the same time, she keeps acting like no one can understand her. No "mamas" have had as hard a time as her, and no childfree people can possibly grasp the monumental life change that's happening.

Except they can. And they see it as the PPD/PPA it is.
Yep. I think most American gurus tend to go on there (even when they say they don’t), so hopefully she’ll read some comments and realise what’s she’s doing. AGAIN. This happened before and while her Twitter was supporting her, BGC was once again uncomfortable. I don’t know what Kristi needs, but the internet is one of them right now.

Yep. I think most American gurus tend to go on there (even when they say they don’t), so hopefully she’ll read some comments and realise what’s she’s doing. AGAIN. This happened before and while her Twitter was supporting her, BGC was once again uncomfortable. I don’t know what Kristi needs, but the internet is one of them right now.
These tweets have since been deleted if you try to read comments on them.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
The thing is the vast majority of what's been said on Reddit is genuine concern for her wellbeing but because it's not what she wants to hear and not agreeing with her like her Twitter comments are she's throwing her toys out. I think she thinks videos like the other day is rElAtAbLe and to some extent yes it's sad in some ways to see your baby growing up and gaining some independence but the way she's showing herself is not a normal response to this.

Reactions: 10
I love how people saying "she needs to quit posting on social media and get some help" is toxic tit.

The thing is the vast majority of what's been said on Reddit is genuine concern for her wellbeing but because it's not what she wants to hear and not agreeing with her like her Twitter comments are she's throwing her toys out. I think she thinks videos like the other day is rElAtAbLe and to some extent yes it's sad in some ways to see your baby growing up and gaining some independence but the way she's showing herself is not a normal response to this.
Yep. People had her back on BGC for the majority of her pregnancy and postpartum period. But if she's going to keep showing her ass, the tide is going to turn. She really, really needs to get it through her head that her behavior right now is not normal and she's going to keep publishing things that will follow her son around for the rest of his life.

I love how people saying "she needs to quit posting on social media and get some help" is toxic tit.
Yeah, I won't pretend that some of the things said about her haven't been overly harsh. And they'd obviously be painful to read. My issue, though, is that 90% of what people say about her is along the lines of, "Hey it seems like she's really not doing well and she might want to speak with a professional instead of a million fans."

Last edited:
I’m just going to echo what everyone else has said. I’m sure there are a few mean comments about Kristi, but the majority are well meaning. (I can’t imagine sending someone mean comments about themselves though? Who does that?) Perhaps it will just have to be a case of the tide rising to the point where Kristi’s own subscribers and Twitter followers think she needs to distance herself again and she’ll take another break.

I’m just going to echo what everyone else has said. I’m sure there are a few mean comments about Kristi, but the majority are well meaning. (I can’t imagine sending someone mean comments about themselves though? Who does that?) Perhaps it will just have to be a case of the tide rising to the point where Kristi’s own subscribers and Twitter followers think she needs to distance herself again and she’ll take another break.
Yeah, I think regardless, sending a reddit thread to her is just kind of nasty. But it's possible that her followers secretly agree with what's being said and are hoping she sees it and seeks better help.

Am I the only one suspecting that no one has sent anything to her, and it's just that she regularly reads places like here or reddit, but she can't admit that?

If she admitted she was regularly reading things about herself she couldn't try and play like she's so above it

Reactions: 8
So since Kristi is sllloooowwwly getting back to makeup videos, I watched a few. Does anyone think she has a very thinly veiled jealous of TikTok-er Makayla? Like I kinda believed her in the one video when she was like “I’m so happy for her because she just blew up & her looks are so unique”. But in the testing the palette video, Kristi just HAD to mention “yeah... I had two released this past year” & “I know what it’s like to collab becuase I’ve done collabs”. & then it just went to “well... I tried to recreate her looks, but they’re sooo bold” & “this is what I’M gonna do because I’m not really into this shade”
Like, we know what’s going on girl. You USED to be the quirky oblong faced makeup girl with the bold eye looks & foul mouth. &now you’ve been replaced.
Thems the breaks sometimes, Kristi.

Reactions: 15
So since Kristi is sllloooowwwly getting back to makeup videos, I watched a few. Does anyone think she has a very thinly veiled jealous of TikTok-er Makayla? Like I kinda believed her in the one video when she was like “I’m so happy for her because she just blew up & her looks are so unique”. But in the testing the palette video, Kristi just HAD to mention “yeah... I had two released this past year” & “I know what it’s like to collab becuase I’ve done collabs”. & then it just went to “well... I tried to recreate her looks, but they’re sooo bold” & “this is what I’M gonna do because I’m not really into this shade”
Like, we know what’s going on girl. You USED to be the quirky oblong faced makeup girl with the bold eye looks & foul mouth. &now you’ve been replaced.
Mikaela completely blew up and quite early in has a collab I do think she's jealous maybe insecure that perhaps this won't last forever

What kills me is this still could have been her, it's not like her collabs were so long ago she couldn't have remained relevant. But then she took like a 3 month hiatus because of her "traumatic" birth, started posting her mental health spiral videos, claimed no one was watching her beauty content anymore, and then started on this "I'm really into these natural looks right now guys" IE: I couldn't be arsed to put together a fun thing to film but I gotta put something out.

Omg I can't imagine why her views are down

What kills me is this still could have been her, it's not like her collabs were so long ago she couldn't have remained relevant. But then she took like a 3 month hiatus because of her "traumatic" birth, started posting her mental health spiral videos, claimed no one was watching her beauty content anymore, and then started on this "I'm really into these natural looks right now guys" IE: I couldn't be arsed to put together a fun thing to film but I gotta put something out.

Omg I can't imagine why her views are down
I don't begrudge her taking time off for maternity leave. I don't begrudge her having a hard time or going through PPD. But I do begrudge her not seeking the help she needs and promoting dangerous coping strategies on her channel.

She isn't necessarily incapable of building her channel, but I do have to say that "watch me recreate more relevant makeup personalities' looks" is a very weird content driver.

If she's bored of makeup, that's fine. She can be a mommy blogger. But I'm not comfortable with her seeming anti-vaxx vibes.

Reactions: 10
I don't begrudge her taking time off for maternity leave. I don't begrudge her having a hard time or going through PPD. But I do begrudge her not seeking the help she needs and promoting dangerous coping strategies on her channel.

She isn't necessarily incapable of building her channel, but I do have to say that "watch me recreate more relevant makeup personalities' looks" is a very weird content driver.

If she's bored of makeup, that's fine. She can be a mommy blogger. But I'm not comfortable with her seeming anti-vaxx vibes.
I mean same, I am all for Youtubers taking time off, and mental health issues are not anyone's fault or something they can control. BUT you can't then be upset when others pass you by while you were taking a break, or because you didn't seize opportunities that were available to you. I mean, her Colorpop collab was like her dream collab, and she just went kinda meh about it, and her baby wasn't even here yet at that point! So this passive aggressive nastiness toward up and coming creators is completely uncalled for, because her channel going stagnant is no one's fault but hers.

And don't even get me started on her seeming monetization of her mental health spiral. It is gross at best.

Reactions: 12
I don't mind her taking maternity leave, I do find her rants and certain stances very alienating tbh. She seems to be wanting to put content out but it's so half assed like can't be bothered to do something fun so here's something neutral. She could of been caney and done quick morning makeup as a busy mum but made a fun Liner or something

Honestly, what bothered me more was when she claimed that after having a baby she just vibed with "natural" looks more. Not because she was busy and didn't have much time, but rather it had this air of "Wow after having a kid you're just connected with nature, you know?? That's why I only like brown eyeshadow."

That... makes no sense.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.