Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fofoca

Chatty Member
Iโ€™ve had the same mobile number since the early 90s (not including mandatory changes to format).

Reactions: 4

Thetruth123

VIP Member
Wow I feel so boring just sadly come the realisation I have no facts about myself ...wow how bring am I compared to you Lot ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I'm really short, I'm only 4'11.

My boyfriend is 6ft tall, so I have to go on tip toes to kiss him lol. I also work as part of a team where I'm the only female, and the lads on the team are all quite tall.. it looks quite funny in presentations :ROFLMAO:

Belulah

VIP Member
I have had brain surgery three times. The surgeon gave me a DVD of them operating on me, as well. I think the reasoning was in case I went on holiday and dropped dead (well not dead, but got ill) the surgeons there would be able to carry out the operation. The DVD itself is stored inside a copy of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. I have watched it, through my fingers, it's grim. Lots of drilling. :sick: Surprised I have a brain left, haha!
Hope no one fancies a game of Sonic Vs Luigi fencing and ends up watching brain surgery! Thatโ€™s so cool though

• Haha

under the ivy

VIP Member
english, croatian, italian, french and spanish :)

my tip is probably useless to you as i'm assuming you're over 5 years old ๐Ÿ˜‚ but the most important thing in my opinion is to start learning as early as possible. so it's on the parents. i started with english when i was 4 so i really don't remember not speaking english. i also went to a language high school where we were taught latin (which i'm not counting of course ๐Ÿ˜‚) and this really connected italian, french and spanish for me.

other than that, it's important to just let go and not be afraid or embarrassed to actually use the language. don't worry about grammar - try to use the vocabulary you have and the grammar will come with time. immerse yourself into the language: watch movies and tv shows either in this language or with subtitles in this language, listen to their music, podcasts, even if you don't understand, let it get into your ear!

and to stay on topic - my next task is german!
Iโ€™ve been learning German through lockdown - I love it!

• Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
I took classical singing lessons when I was younger.

Ooh ooh i have another one. Me and my husband married in secret. Only our 2 witnesses knew.
We had a night out together the night before (joint stag n hen do ๐Ÿคฃ), got up next morning got dressed, bus into town, married at registry office at 11am, hit weatherspoons for a breakfast afterwards, then rang family and friends made our announcement then invited everyone to join us in spoons. Home drunk and asleep by 9pm ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Love this! ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
Iโ€™m bored so Iโ€™ll contribute some more;

- I was on Question Time and spoke to David Dimbleby - I was only on TV for about 10 seconds but ๐Ÿ˜†
- I canโ€™t ride a bike
- I can play the flute
- I saw Donald Trump in his car when I visited Washington DC in 2018 ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha

Moolo

I recorded the Niknaks competition VoiceOver once - that was exciting ๐Ÿ˜‚

When I was 20, I witnessed two people in cars shooting at each other by a petrol station (idiots). My friend and I were about 10 metres away and ended up hiding behind a fence absolutely wetting ourselves laughing because we were so scared.

I dont think anyone was hurt but it was pretty scary!

• Wow
Reactions: 3

under the ivy

VIP Member
how are you learning it, duolingo?
i've never liked german but now i'm forced to learn it bc my boyfriend is german ๐Ÿ˜‚ i like it now though, i like the logic and putting words together
Yeah Duolingo, itโ€™s quite easy to pick up. The pronouns are tricky though (for me anyway)!

• Heart
Reactions: 3