Rachel Leary #3 Dying to be thin, photoshops the chin(s), wants to be Hannah's twin

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just think she should have paid a bigger deposit or something and asked the owner to hold the kitten until she got back from her holiday... the thing is knowing how these three are (Rach, Mads and Han) this will not be the only holiday she goes on - she will go on several over the next few months which means that kitten is being dragged from pillar to post and not being able to settle (which is very important during it's first few months) when it's already been uprooted from its mother (which yes is normal, but it's also still a traumatic event for a young animal) no one is saying she's not allowed to go on holiday ever in her life... the fact is she has done this on impulse because it's a cute prop that her friend has also gotten.

Reactions: 8
she says in her new video that her personal trainer told her a great exercise for targeting lower stomach fat is burpees and mountain climbers - surely as a PT you’d know that you can’t spot reduce fat?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I really feel like she's trying to go about this fitness thing right and I respect that so much. With SM making it a trend and so much information about it online (and we know she probably does take tiktoks as advice - which some could very well be right but, you know... it's a toxic community). You can also tell that she's gotten mean comments and I understand that constructive comments would be more beneficial sooo, knowing she reads here, I'm gonna try saying this to help girlie...
RACHEL, PLEASE PLEASE, who the actual F*CK told you to eat 1500 kcals a day?!?!?!??????? If that was the PT, sack her! Seriously that is SO LITTLE to eat, especially when you're training. My fitness pal is generally a very dangerous app, I understand some people prefer tracking, but there's better ways to do it then using an app that suggests eating 1500 kcals. Please do some research, your body doesn't work this way, if you cut your calories and get into a calorie deficit that's too big, your body doesn't respond by just losing weight, your metabolic rate just lowers to adjust to the fact that your body's not getting enough energy, meaning basically you would then have to lower it even more to get results, and it's an endless loop of not getting enough food to actually nourish your body and see results. Just make it a SMALL deficit. Sustainable over quick, please, you'll wreck your metabolism for nothing!
Second thing, and idk if it's just me, but I've noticed she either talks about having full body days or glute focused days. Rach, again, NO! Is her PT seriously telling her this is the way to lose weight and gain a butt?:rolleyes:
Also, someone also commented on how her PT told her to do burpees for lower stomach fat loss?????!?!?!!? SACK. HER. PLEASE. Idk, you might like her, Rach, but that is such a horrible thing for a PT to say, it sounds like something I'd hear some 18y/o absolute beginner at the gym say. Everyone knows you can't target fat loss with exercise, bodies are different, and belly fat loss comes with overall fat loss. Again, slow and sustainable over anything else, it's completely worth it.
And then the leg workout :oops: Rach, it's seriously great you're putting in the effort, but if you're doing so much cardio that you can only do 3 exercises for your actual lifts... just go for a nice walk during the day or just do some cardio at the end of your workout (to not burn yourself out before) and focus on your lifts (5-6 exercises of 3-4 sets, not 3 for 2-3) and/or have a dedicated cardio day if that's what you like. Drop the weight on the squats and focus on form and depth, half reps just won't do much for you. Yeah, the form on the kickbacks was very very off. Your back needs to stay straight and your core tight, swinging around everywhere is pointless (imo the kickbacks in general are not a beginner friendly exercise as they require stability, control, and knowledge that you pick up, cause swinging your leg as highh/far as you can actually lead to injury). They're also not a compound movement (think squats, rdls, hip thrusts etc.) so no reason to have them at the start of your lifts (or at all if you're doing 3 exercises). And even the RDLs, you'd do MORE weight?! Try less/same but more controlled and keeping your back straight (including your neck, tuck that chin in), no need for the squeeze at the top, just keep the tension in your muscles by not hyper extending.

There, sorry for the essay lol just wanted to leave a comment for her that's trying to be helpful. And this is just from watching the first 10 mins lol

• Heart
Reactions: 13
To be fair, who doesn’t speak to their pet in a high pitched annoying baby voice, I know I do and I won’t change it for anyone 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I really feel like she's trying to go about this fitness thing right and I respect that so much. With SM making it a trend and so much information about it online (and we know she probably does take tiktoks as advice - which some could very well be right but, you know... it's a toxic community). You can also tell that she's gotten mean comments and I understand that constructive comments would be more beneficial sooo, knowing she reads here, I'm gonna try saying this to help girlie...
RACHEL, PLEASE PLEASE, who the actual F*CK told you to eat 1500 kcals a day?!?!?!??????? If that was the PT, sack her! Seriously that is SO LITTLE to eat, especially when you're training. My fitness pal is generally a very dangerous app, I understand some people prefer tracking, but there's better ways to do it then using an app that suggests eating 1500 kcals. Please do some research, your body doesn't work this way, if you cut your calories and get into a calorie deficit that's too big, your body doesn't respond by just losing weight, your metabolic rate just lowers to adjust to the fact that your body's not getting enough energy, meaning basically you would then have to lower it even more to get results, and it's an endless loop of not getting enough food to actually nourish your body and see results. Just make it a SMALL deficit. Sustainable over quick, please, you'll wreck your metabolism for nothing!
Second thing, and idk if it's just me, but I've noticed she either talks about having full body days or glute focused days. Rach, again, NO! Is her PT seriously telling her this is the way to lose weight and gain a butt?:rolleyes:
Also, someone also commented on how her PT told her to do burpees for lower stomach fat loss?????!?!?!!? SACK. HER. PLEASE. Idk, you might like her, Rach, but that is such a horrible thing for a PT to say, it sounds like something I'd hear some 18y/o absolute beginner at the gym say. Everyone knows you can't target fat loss with exercise, bodies are different, and belly fat loss comes with overall fat loss. Again, slow and sustainable over anything else, it's completely worth it.
And then the leg workout :oops: Rach, it's seriously great you're putting in the effort, but if you're doing so much cardio that you can only do 3 exercises for your actual lifts... just go for a nice walk during the day or just do some cardio at the end of your workout (to not burn yourself out before) and focus on your lifts (5-6 exercises of 3-4 sets, not 3 for 2-3) and/or have a dedicated cardio day if that's what you like. Drop the weight on the squats and focus on form and depth, half reps just won't do much for you. Yeah, the form on the kickbacks was very very off. Your back needs to stay straight and your core tight, swinging around everywhere is pointless (imo the kickbacks in general are not a beginner friendly exercise as they require stability, control, and knowledge that you pick up, cause swinging your leg as highh/far as you can actually lead to injury). They're also not a compound movement (think squats, rdls, hip thrusts etc.) so no reason to have them at the start of your lifts (or at all if you're doing 3 exercises). And even the RDLs, you'd do MORE weight?! Try less/same but more controlled and keeping your back straight (including your neck, tuck that chin in), no need for the squeeze at the top, just keep the tension in your muscles by not hyper extending.

There, sorry for the essay lol just wanted to leave a comment for her that's trying to be helpful. And this is just from watching the first 10 mins lol
you just summarised all my thoughts! there was a lot of misinformation in her video which are things i maybe would expect from someone with no knowledge about fitness, however, she has a personal trainer who is giving her this advice and like you say, it's the kind of thing you'd expect from a beginner at the gym, not someone who's supposed to be qualified

Reactions: 9

This was very interesting to read as someone who's is also trying to shed some lockdown weight (yes I know it was a long time ago, emphasis on trying okay 🤣) but the general rule I hear over and over again is to have a calorie deficit and burn more than what you eat, so say she is eating 1500 cals a day and then burns around that much, wouldn't she see results anyway overtime? I haven't seen any results from Rachel but everyones progress is different right.. I agree completely with how her PT targets her to do certain exercises to target weight loss, how is she qualified!

I hope Rachel reads this and takes some advice from it because you genuinely do sound experienced

Reactions: 2
This was very interesting to read as someone who's is also trying to shed some lockdown weight (yes I know it was a long time ago, emphasis on trying okay 🤣) but the general rule I hear over and over again is to have a calorie deficit and burn more than what you eat, so say she is eating 1500 cals a day and then burns around that much, wouldn't she see results anyway overtime? I haven't seen any results from Rachel but everyones progress is different right.. I agree completely with how her PT targets her to do certain exercises to target weight loss, how is she qualified!

I hope Rachel reads this and takes some advice from it because you genuinely do sound experienced
TW/ calories and weight loss

im around 5ft2 and fairly petite and my body, at rest, burns around 1800-1900 calories per day because i'm fairly inactive, if i was to enter a calorie deficit to lose weight i should be eating below this number/increasing my exercise so that my body burns more calories, you lose approximately 1lb for every 3500 calories you burn so there's a lot of people that say to lose 1lb a week you should eat 500 less than your maintenance calories per day, but people get so hung up on this idea of 'having to lose 1lb a week' that the weight loss becomes unsustainable because of the methods used to achieve it, it's far better to make small lifestyle changes that you're confident you can maintain over time than going all in on an intense diet because when you start eating normally again all that's going to happen is you'll gain the weight back. judging by rachaels size and the fact she exercises and has a PT (regardless if they're giving her false information, they're still getting her body moving) i'd say she should be eating around 1800-1900 calories per day to lose weight, if she makes sure to get enough protein in then she'll also be able to maintain muscle mass. the key to a sustained weight loss is to use a small deficit over a longer period of time, like the original poster said - cutting your calories significantly shifts your metabolism and means in order to keep losing weight you have to keep lowering that number. creating a slight deficit makes weight loss much more maintainable over time

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just caught up on this thread and all it’s done is make me realise I know absolutely nothing about health and fitness. I thought she was doing good😭

I’ve only been to the gym once before which is shocking as a soon to be 30 year old. But it was a horrible experience and the person showing me around couldn’t have been any less interested. I couldn’t deal with people staring at me not knowing what I was doing so I left and never went back😂. I’d love to get back into it but it’s so overwhelming.

Anyway back to Rachel. I don’t think it’s bad she got a kitten when she has plans to go away. Ideally she would be spending as much time with the kitten as possible for the first few months so that it settles into it’s new home and owner but it’s not the end of the world. I do think it would be better if she got a sitter to come to the house to look after him rather than sending him to Jack and Connor’s as being in 3 separate homes in the first few months of it’s life might be a bit confusing.

But yay for Stevie, he’s my new favourite influencer💕

Reactions: 5
Someone of her build height and weight should not be eating only 1500 calories also what bleeping PT is she with that’s told her burpees target belly fat loss 😭😭😭 this PT is ROBBING her 🤣

I appreciate she wants to try and document her journey but she needs to not speak on topics she isn’t clued up about (and that her PT clearly isn’t clued up about either lol)

Reactions: 12
Any calorie deficit over time would see results but that’s because Rachel does not track her calories properly. Which begs he question is there any point? You don’t do a calorie deficit for fun. She’s in a calorie deficit but then goes out most nights drinking/meals out (which obviously you can do on a calorie deficit) but she drinks quite a lot and she does this at least 4 times a week like it’s hardly a one off treat for Rachel that’s why she sees no progress.

Any calorie deficit over time would see results but that’s because Rachel does not track her calories properly. Which begs he question is there any point? You don’t do a calorie deficit for fun. She’s in a calorie deficit but then goes out most nights drinking/meals out (which obviously you can do on a calorie deficit) but she drinks quite a lot and she does this at least 4 times a week like it’s hardly a one off treat for Rachel that’s why she sees no progress.
I feel like her PT is not helping her whatsoever! the way Rachel eats very healthy in the weekday (from what we see in vlogs) and works out religiously she should have seen quite a noticeable change by now but to me she looks similar :confused: but you're right all these so called treats she has on dinners out isn't exactly helping faster progress

I ate the same stuff as I did before just way smaller portions, gym 4 to 6 days a week and I don't drink anymore so I guess that has made an impact but I lost a lot of weight within a few months this way. Rachel is defo doing something wrong here

• Heart
I feel like her PT is not helping her whatsoever! the way Rachel eats very healthy in the weekday (from what we see in vlogs) and works out religiously she should have seen quite a noticeable change by now but to me she looks similar :confused: but you're right all these so called treats she has on dinners out isn't exactly helping faster progress

I ate the same stuff as I did before just way smaller portions, gym 4 to 6 days a week and I don't drink anymore so I guess that has made an impact but I lost a lot of weight within a few months this way. Rachel is defo doing something wrong here
i went through something similar a few years ago, i had such an all or nothing approach to losing weight, i gave myself a strict goal each day in terms of calories and exercise and anytime i couldn’t stick exactly to it i’d just give up and eat way more than i should've, i think rachel’s giving herself such a low target with calories that it’s going to be hard for her to stick to it and factor her lifestyle in around it

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yeah it’s quite sad to watch… because it’s defo an unhealthy mindset she’s gonna have towards food/dieting because she’s not learning about balance… like she can still go out and enjoy herself and stuff but then the rest of the day she’s basically torturing herself to be thin with a low cal diet/exercise regime that’s just being cancelled out by the evening

Reactions: 7
Someone needs to take this chin editing app off her 😭 she’s literally obsessed with it. Haven’t seen her real chin on Instagram for a good year now.
67E06221-5F04-4B24-9758-9AFEA5E06D14.png

she really gives me khloe kardashian vibes with her extreme editing

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13