Race Across the World (BBC)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a big surprise, I had a feeling it would be them from early on due to editing/air time

Reactions: 5
They were positive the whole way through and looks like they got a lot out of it, also looks like they have made Isobel and her Mum reassess their relationship!

Reactions: 5
Not a surprise but sad it wasn’t the bellend and his surrendered wife.

Reactions: 15
I’ve come to the conclusion that mum and dyslexic girl deliberately took that job in Ho Chi Minh to come last, they had plenty of money and would have reached the checkpoint 4th if they had kept going. They had had enough.

Thinking about it this may be my tactic if I ever enter, chances are you aren’t winning the £20k anyway, those final legs are exhausting and it’s going to be down to the luck of ferry timetables.
I would just enjoy the first three stages, stuff my face with Kobe beef, meet lots of interesting people along the way and blow my budget on decent travel.

Let the rest of them struggle on. I’ve had a great three week holiday!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I feel like the only one still enjoying it 😆 I think its just as good as the first two personally 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 20
Ive been rewatching the 1st two series. Just started the 2nd one.
They were so much better. Even though i know who won, i was still like come on you can do it 😆.
I was really routing for this series as Canada was a bore but the contestants just seem meh. Im not routing for anyone.

Reactions: 4
Week three I watched with an open mind still not liking it, it was background noise
I see brogan Tate is tagging the crap out of the series and posting and liking everything about it on insta, wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t apply, that would be hilarious and also anger me.!
No love for any of the contestants this year, did feel for Alfie last night, however annoying he is it must have been really hard for the lad loosing his mum so young
I like the back stories though and what has brought each person to the point in their lives they are at. You can learn a lot about people from that. A hard life and knocks isn’t a sob story in my opinion

Reactions: 8
I agree I think the back stories add to the show. I don’t find them ‘sob’ stories at all. It’s just their lives and what makes them who they are. I found myself very endeared to Alfie (I found the penis park quite funny) last week, and even more so this week. The two younger lads are the only ones I’m routing for. I like their friendship. It seems genuine. I do like Isobel aswell. The others are a big meh I don’t know why they got picked for it out of all the entries they must’ve had. Brydie was my favourite I’m gutted they’ve gone but I think she seemed tired and just wasn’t that competitive.

Reactions: 12
Yeah I don't mind the back stories, they can help explain why people are they way they are.

It's different to the xfactor style ones as we aren't voting and they aren't trying to win something in real time. they have no impact on the overall outcome of the show. I also don't feel that they are told in a manipulative way, or mentioned every 5 seconds like they are on talent shows

Reactions: 8
Yeah I don't mind the back stories, they can help explain why people are they way they are.

It's different to the xfactor style ones as we aren't voting and they aren't trying to win something in real time. they have no impact on the overall outcome of the show. I also don't feel that they are told in a manipulative way, or mentioned every 5 seconds like they are on talent shows
Yes my OH gets fed up and starts ranting when there is the slightest hint of a backstory but in context I don't mind them. And like you say it isn't to sway a vote or judges.
I found Alfie's very touching and he told it without self pity. Which made it more touching. It explained (I think) a lot why he seems quite a nervy soul who needs control over every situation. I thought the scene after with his friend was nice - his friend (Owen?) sort of awkwardly saying 'Er, right, er well I'm glad that helped' trying his best.

I'm enjoying this series tbh. Don't feel it's a let down. Doesn't bother me if I like people or not. Though after Stephen revealed his heart condition it got me nervous every time they were running or he got overexcited - like when they signed in at the check point 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The boys are my favourite, I wasn't keen on them in the first episode, but now, I really hope they win - I like their friendship

Reactions: 10
I feel like the only one still enjoying it 😆 I think its just as good as the first two personally 🤷‍♂️
I'm still enjoying it. I don't love the couples as much as other seasons, but I'm enjoying the different countries they are going to.

I really liked Brydie and her mum and was rooting for them to win, but I was literally shouting at the TV over why they were all stopping to work on the leg when someone can be eliminated. I love how they told the group they just enjoyed the experience and spending time together, and Isabel and her mum and just giving each other awkward looks.

Reactions: 4
The boys are my favourite, I wasn't keen on them in the first episode, but now, I really hope they win - I like their friendship
Yeah they're my favourite too. Both seem really nice guys who genuinely like and support eachother. Bound to be niggles at times, but at end of the day they are still friends.

Alfie gives me anxiety or maybe on the spectrum vibes at times.

Reactions: 6
I'm still enjoying it as well, probably because there is nothing worth watching these days! I like the boys too.

Reactions: 3