Race Across the World (BBC)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like we're missing such big chunks. Couples just suddenly appear places. We're not seeing as much of them looking for accommodation. It'll probably get better with fewer couples but then there's the risk of less likeable people.
Yeah not sure what's gone on with the last two series editing but it's just all over the place. The first two series were genuinely exciting but it's hard to piece together with who is where and doing what this time around.

Reactions: 11
I feel like we're missing such big chunks. Couples just suddenly appear places. We're not seeing as much of them looking for accommodation. It'll probably get better with fewer couples but then there's the risk of less likeable people.
I thought this too. There were so many large jumps with the couples, where they ended up in the next city along with little to no context. I get it must be hard trying to edit 5 couples into ~60 minutes, but I feel like the editing seems a bit different as some have mentioned. I would’ve liked to see some more of the accommodation as some of the hotels in Japan are really cool to watch, like the capsule hotels. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now as we’re only 2 episodes in.

Reactions: 6
I dread to think what the older woman’s previous two husbands were like if she sees her third as an improvement! He annoyed me from the moment they all met at the start of the race. I can’t stand the overly familiar way some people are when they try to be friendly to people they don’t know.

He’s the only one I’m irritated by and wouldn’t miss if he was eliminated. The others might be irritating but they’re good to watch.

The Canada series gets a lot of criticism because of the route and lack of borders and language barrier, but I think another big reason it was tit was because the contestants chosen were terrible and really difficult to watch.
Yeah I remember him telling one of the young girls to stand closer to him 🤢 thought he was off from the start

Reactions: 5
Yeah I remember him telling one of the young girls to stand closer to him 🤢 thought he was off from the start
“Mother and daughter I assume? Daughter’s a bit shy!” :sick:

So patronising. It comes to something when even your wife has to warn people you’re an “acquired taste”.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Don’t know if it’s the accent or something about the shape of his face but the older guy really reminds me of Jimmy Saville?! Bad as that is to say 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What countries are left to race across for next season? Theyve already done most of europe, asia, canada and south america.
Either across USA, Australia or Africa. Or Russia, that would be 😬😆.

The first two series was great as it was a new show and challenge and the pairs were good. After last series and this one, other than wanting to watch to just see the countries they visit. I lm not rooting for anyone to win like the 1st two series. The 1st one i was rooting for the dad and son and was so mad when the old couple won
I would love them to do India! What a crazy mad country that would be. Sri Lanka and India, maybe Nepal/Bangladesh too?

or another option would be to do the other half of South East Aisa, depending where they visit this year, Start in Northern Thailand to Papua New Guinea? Or Australia to Thailand? Though not sure on the ferry situation from Oz.

I'm not warming to any of the couples in this series this time round, im here for the destinations! I was want to visit Japan but at the moment it is out of my reach. One day.

Reactions: 7
I pulled a bloke when I was out in Tokyo and he took me back to one of those capsule hotels. Was like trying to shag inside a coffin

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I pulled a bloke when I was out in Tokyo and he took me back to one of those capsule hotels. Was like trying to shag inside a coffin
May seem like an odd question and feel free to tell me to duck off but was he japanese?

The reason I ask is because japanese men are apparently very shy in chatting up women. To the point in Japan the birth rate is drastically going down.

Reactions: 2
I shagged a very meek and mild Japanese man and when we got the the bedroom it was like he’d been possessed by a demon, he was almost doing the crab up the wall he was so rampant.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I shagged a very meek and mild Japanese man and when we got the the bedroom it was like he’d been possessed by a demon, he was almost doing the crab up the wall he was so rampant.
They are quite perverted with their used knickers in vending machines and obsession with girls dressed in school universe. I have been to Japan and absolutely fell in love with it. It's an amazing place despite their pervertedness.
---
They are quite perverted with their used knickers in vending machines and obsession with girls dressed in school universe. I have been to Japan and absolutely fell in love with it. It's an amazing place despite their pervertedness.
***uniform

May seem like an odd question and feel free to tell me to duck off but was he japanese?

The reason I ask is because japanese men are apparently very shy in chatting up women. To the point in Japan the birth rate is drastically going down.
Nah he was a Yank haha

• Haha
Reactions: 9
💯 Glad other people clocked that.

He said something to Isabel about being 'shy'. She probably felt his energy and gave him a wide berth. I remember she awkwardly laughed in response and I felt for her - like how often do women have to laugh off/deal with that kind of bullshit while being 'nice'.

It definitely came across as inappropriate/creepy. You just know that if he was challenged on it, he'd use his phrase 'If you're looking to be offended you're gonna be offended' or whatever bullshit he spouted in one of the interviews when his wife told him that people found him offensive :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: 16

He said something to Isabel about being 'shy'. She probably felt his energy and gave him a wide berth. I remember she awkwardly laughed in response and I felt for her - like how often do women have to laugh off/deal with that kind of bullshit while being 'nice'.

It definitely came across as inappropriate/creepy. You just know that if he was challenged on it, he'd use his phrase 'If you're looking to be offended you're gonna be offended' or whatever bullshit he spouted in one of the interviews when his wife told him that people found him offensive :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I agree, although I don't think he meant it in a creepy predatory way. More a patronising 'I'm older so I'm in charge' way

Reactions: 4

I think it was just his way of being friendly and trying to break the ice. A lot of people are like that and I recognise they’re trying to be friendly and make people more comfortable but it often has the opposite effect.

I was a very shy and awkward child/teenager and I had men and women be like this all the time. It followed me into young adulthood and I hated it - it would knock my confidence because often they would say it when I didn’t actually feel shy.

I don’t think he was being pervy at all - Eugenie was stood between them and it would take a special kind of sleazebag to be like that in front of someone’s mother. Might be a bit different if he was gesturing for her to come and stand right next to him but as far as I recall they were standing in their pairs and none were within touching distance of the others.

I thought this too. There were so many large jumps with the couples, where they ended up in the next city along with little to no context. I get it must be hard trying to edit 5 couples into ~60 minutes, but I feel like the editing seems a bit different as some have mentioned. I would’ve liked to see some more of the accommodation as some of the hotels in Japan are really cool to watch, like the capsule hotels. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now as we’re only 2 episodes in.
You want to get the sense of if you were in the race or wanted to travel that route for yourself how you could do it. That's what worked well with the first 2 series.

Reactions: 1
I dread to think what the older woman’s previous two husbands were like if she sees her third as an improvement! He annoyed me from the moment they all met at the start of the race. I can’t stand the overly familiar way some people are when they try to be friendly to people they don’t know.
I’m beginning to think he’s autistic or some way neurodivergent, some of the markers are very apparent in his social interactions.

Reactions: 6
But was it any good 😉 ?

• Haha
Reactions: 2