Race Across the World (BBC)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah they're my favourite too. Both seem really nice guys who genuinely like and support eachother. Bound to be niggles at times, but at end of the day they are still friends.

Alfie gives me anxiety or maybe on the spectrum vibes at times.
I didn’t like the boys at first and have said higher up the thread but last night they did grow on me. I’ve been through enormous grief and I did feel for him but like was said earlier there was no self pity. It’s hard though as grief is the price of love and everyone’s grief is different. Was nice seeing them having some fun and stopping to take a jug of Vietnam in and even Alfie admitted race mode is good but sometimes you need to take some bits in
Isobel and her mum I watch with my hands over my eyes 😂

Reactions: 11
Owen is way too young but he is kinda cute and showed off some decent biceps this week during the bar work.

Owen puts me in mind of a young Patrick Swayze, but with a lot less charm :ROFLMAO:

I've done a 180 on a few of them. I was annoyed by Alfie and not so much by Owen, but now it's the other way around.
I liked Isobel but she really got on my nerves a few times in this last episode. Her mum has grown on me.

Reactions: 7
Isobel just doesn't think of others. She doesn't take into account her mums age when travelling , she didn't care about those people preparing the food.

Reactions: 13
Owen puts me in mind of a young Patrick Swayze, but with a lot less charm :ROFLMAO:

I've done a 180 on a few of them. I was annoyed by Alfie and not so much by Owen, but now it's the other way around.
I liked Isobel but she really got on my nerves a few times in this last episode. Her mum has grown on me.
Completely agree, I couldn't bear the two boys at first, especially Alfie, but I've grown to like him after the last episode, and started to understand him a bit better. I'm rooting for them to win at the moment.

I thought Isabel was OK but couldn't stand the mum... Now I think they're both as bad as each other! Isabel was very disrespectful to the family over the food and she isn't very considerate of her mum. I wish Betty and James had managed to beat them to second place as they weren't happy they caught them up.

Stephen made me cringe with the whiteboard, but to be fair, it did work. I'm not sure if they'll grow on me but I don't dislike them.

Reactions: 11
Completely agree, I couldn't bear the two boys at first, especially Alfie, but I've grown to like him after the last episode, and started to understand him a bit better. I'm rooting for them to win at the moment.

I thought Isabel was OK but couldn't stand the mum... Now I think they're both as bad as each other! Isabel was very disrespectful to the family over the food and she isn't very considerate of her mum. I wish Betty and James had managed to beat them to second place as they weren't happy they caught them up.

Stephen made me cringe with the whiteboard, but to be fair, it did work. I'm not sure if they'll grow on me but I don't dislike them.
The wipeboard wasn't too bad an idea, at least he didn't pull curtains back. But his behaviour in queues and at stations is awful. Plus how he spoke to that bus driver about leaving on time

Reactions: 6
When he said he’s 18 years into a 20 year prognosis, my mind went straight to how Viv’s already seen off two husbands and it suddenly made sense!

It’s weird though that they told him he had 20 years after having a heart attack.

By the way, does anyone think Brydie might have been dyslexic? I don’t think they mentioned it…

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I wondered if the heart attack showed up something else which lead to the prognosis

Reactions: 2
When he said he’s 18 years into a 20 year prognosis, my mind went straight to how Viv’s already seen off two husbands and it suddenly made sense!

It’s weird though that they told him he had 20 years after having a heart attack.

By the way, does anyone think Brydie might have been dyslexic? I don’t think they mentioned it…
Are you implying Viv is a black widow 🕷

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The wipeboard wasn't too bad an idea, at least he didn't pull curtains back. But his behaviour in queues and at stations is awful. Plus how he spoke to that bus driver about leaving on time
I still think invading someones personal space like that by poking through curtains is wrong. In my mind if the curtains are shut they wouldn't want to be disturbed and it takes a special sense of entitlement to demand attention from people in that situation imo

Reactions: 24
I am enjoying this series. Canada was boring after the first couple I much prefer seeing different cultures, currency, language barriers it’s just more interesting.

not a fan of isabel I think she comes across incredibly rude. Bridie and Sharon were sweet but quite obvious they were going home.

as odd as Stephen is putting the sign in was a stroke of genius by him, otherwise they would probably still be on that bus.

I thought the boys story about his mum was so sad, had a wee tear in my eye bless him.

Reactions: 7
I still think invading someones personal space like that by poking through curtains is wrong. In my mind if the curtains are shut they wouldn't want to be disturbed and it takes a special sense of entitlement to demand attention from people in that situation imo
Classic PE teacher, not a care for how others are feeling (I’m clearly scarred from all those communal cold showers in the 80s)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I do quite like the lads friendship. They're very different but have kept a friendship despite it.

Reactions: 12
I can guess why they did it but having to take the flight to Vietnam has ruined the idea of the show for me. It would clearly be easier and cheaper to fly the whole way. I liked the idea of going through Asia but I am not enjoying this series as much as I thought I would. They don't
Seem to have interacted with the locals much.

Reactions: 1
I do quite like the lads friendship. They're very different but have kept a friendship despite it.
I’ve wondered how close friends the lads actually are. I don’t know if I believe they’re actually best friends. Even on screen one of them was a bit funny when the other referred to them as best friends.

Reactions: 1
I do not like Sister and Brother. She acts like she is more worldy and better than him, but she is just as clueless. I was laughing when they freaked out about the cost of the food, which was less than 20 quid. The price would have been on the menu. I thought it was actually quite reasonable for what they got, but I suppose they were on a budget.
I'm only on the first ep but she's pissing me off. She really does think she's something because she's traveled. Traveling is amazing but it seems to be her whole personality lmao.

Reactions: 5