Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I've just realised, this morning, that my emotional state has to be hormonal as well. I've been feeling super tearful recently, a friend asked if I was maybe stressed or low level depressed... and now I think it's actually all a menopause thing. Why else would I go from standing in the shower laughing to myself about the time my OH lost his flip flop in the sea, to minutes later crying about not being able to go on that holiday again? It's not PMS... do I have to try and talk to a doctor now, when it's been impossible to get an ordinary appointment for months?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That was me! It reduced the bleeding though and got me back to a regular cycle. Unfortunately one of my larger fibroids pushed my coil out after about 3 years ago. I'm having surgery next week as I'm worse than ever (i needed blood transfusions in Feb as it had left me severely anaemic)

Most other people have positive experiences though so hopefully I'm the exception and it'll work for you 🤞
Thank you for sharing your experience 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Is anyone else just too warm all the time? I am not having hot flushes ( I don’t think anyway) but I feel like I am heating all the time. For example, it’s rainy and cool outside today . My flat isn’t overly warm ( themometer says 22) yet I am too hot. I have the bedroom window wide open as well as having two fans on me. But as I said - i am not having hot sweats . On top of this I am going an extremely tired spell again where despite sleeping for a good 8 hours I feel like I haven’t had a wink of sleep and want more. I feel low today.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yes this is me, I feel hot and can't seem to cool myself down. I feel low most of the time but I don't sleep well.

• Sad
Is anyone else just too warm all the time? I am not having hot flushes ( I don’t think anyway) but I feel like I am heating all the time. For example, it’s rainy and cool outside today . My flat isn’t overly warm ( themometer says 22) yet I am too hot. I have the bedroom window wide open as well as having two fans on me. But as I said - i am not having hot sweats . On top of this I am going an extremely tired spell again where despite sleeping for a good 8 hours I feel like I haven’t had a wink of sleep and want more. I feel low today.
I noticed it more this last winter when I was fine, everyone else in the house was freezing. Now in this weather I'm boiling and everyone else is fine.

Yes always feel warmer

Oh where to start?!! 🙈 does anybody suffer with chronic lightheadedness/off balance feeling. I find it even worse at period time and it kicks off my anxiety even more so 😭

Reactions: 3
I think the worse thing is anxiety. Here I am, 4.24am. Been awake since 3. Have to get up at 6. I feel things more, like several layers of skin are missing. I am talking mentally rather than physically! I worry so much. I hate myself for it. I used to be ballsy and with a zest for life. I am now a little mouse who trembles at everything.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I think the worse thing is anxiety. Here I am, 4.24am. Been awake since 3. Have to get up at 6. I feel things more, like several layers of skin are missing. I am talking mentally rather than physically! I worry so much. I hate myself for it. I used to be ballsy and with a zest for life. I am now a little mouse who trembles at everything.
Me too and I spoke to a friend about this exact thing the other day and she was the same. Both formally driven women but a shell of our former selves. It sucks

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Me too and I spoke to a friend about this exact thing the other day and she was the same. Both formally driven women but a shell of our former selves. It sucks
I feel like tit this morning. I have a busy day ahead. I have decided anxiety can do a big duck off today, I am having a day without worrying. And I will power through. I don’t get hot flushes (Menoforce tablets got rid of mine) but I did I would be calling them power surges today. Hope you have a good day followed by a brilliant night’s sleep.

I feel like tit this morning. I have a busy day ahead. I have decided anxiety can do a big duck off today, I am having a day without worrying. And I will power through. I don’t get hot flushes (Menoforce tablets got rid of mine) but I did I would be calling them power surges today. Hope you have a good day followed by a brilliant night’s sleep.
Interesting that you don't get hot flushes, I don't either and I don't think it was something my friend suffered from either
ETA Of course if anyone had actually bothered to do some proper research on the menopause we would most likely know why that is and have a proper treatment path but as we are just Women n one has

Oh where to start?!! 🙈 does anybody suffer with chronic lightheadedness/off balance feeling. I find it even worse at period time and it kicks off my anxiety even more so 😭
Oh yes! It’s awful. But I’ve got used to it now so it doesn’t trigger my anxiety anymore but it’s certainly not pleasant.

I’m going through this stage again at the moment but it seems to be worse when I have a lot going on or ‘changes’. But I’m over worrying anything and everything and it’s annoying me! Peri has made me lose a lot of confidence in myself and my abilities ☹

Reactions: 4
Recently iv fallen over twice ( only getting the washing out the machine) and felt light headed 🥴

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Have you had bloods checked for low iron levels???
Yes and ferritin came in at 6 🙈but gp doesn't want to put me on iron tablets, just to increase iron in diet. Currently changing GP's due to house move but will def ask about this again as really impacting day to day life 😭

Yes and ferritin came in at 6 🙈but gp doesn't want to put me on iron tablets, just to increase iron in diet. Currently changing GP's due to house move but will def ask about this again as really impacting day to day life 😭
You might find it passes. I was falling over, walking into things etc but it stopped eventually. GP did suggest I had Labyrinthitis but I'm pretty sure it was menopausal.

You might find it passes. I was falling over, walking into things etc but it stopped eventually. GP did suggest I had Labyrinthitis but I'm pretty sure it was menopausal.
It's become worse since a bad bout of vertigo I had late last year. 😪

Ive recently started on HRT patches, tablets weren't advisable for me . .
Ive not slept well for months and I'm absolutely shattered. Sleep is always worse if I've had a drink so I do moderate that and only drink alcohol at weekends.
They say the patches can take a while to start working . . But 2 weeks in I'm incredibly itchy? Has anyone else experienced this?