Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been to buy supplements over the weekend ( picked up some peri menopausal tablets from a company called Health & Her which contains red clover.) I bawked at the price though £20 for two months supply just so I don’t lose my marbles ) . I have my fingers crossed they make a difference .
I am also going to make some changes to my diet - the first one is to limit bread / pasta and potato intake as I have noticed that when I eat a meal which is ( refined) carb heavy I become very lethargic and heavy. The urge to sleep comes over me . Instead I am going to try and choose complex carb foods ( sweet potato / lentils/ chick peas) plus eat oily fish once a week and see how I get on instead. I like these foods however I don’t eat them regularly . I am a bit of a bread / pasta monster. I think I need to accept that I need to make some changes as my diet I think isn’t working in my favour .
Good idea. Unfortunately we have to adjust to new circumstances when we go through this transitional period. I find alcohol increasingly a no no. I have had any for a month and feel so much better in terms of better sleep,decreased anxiety and mood. Skin looks better too. The money I spent on alcohol has been diverted to supplements! Not sure how sustainable the no alcohol rule will be though. 🍷

Reactions: 1
I have been to buy supplements over the weekend ( picked up some peri menopausal tablets from a company called Health & Her which contains red clover.) I bawked at the price though £20 for two months supply just so I don’t lose my marbles ) . I have my fingers crossed they make a difference .
I am also going to make some changes to my diet - the first one is to limit bread / pasta and potato intake as I have noticed that when I eat a meal which is ( refined) carb heavy I become very lethargic and heavy. The urge to sleep comes over me . Instead I am going to try and choose complex carb foods ( sweet potato / lentils/ chick peas) plus eat oily fish once a week and see how I get on instead. I like these foods however I don’t eat them regularly . I am a bit of a bread / pasta monster. I think I need to accept that I need to make some changes as my diet I think isn’t working in my favour .
Those are the same ones I got (the Mind ones) but too early to say if they are doing anything. I hope you find them helpful.

Refined carbs certainly don't help although I don't believe in banning anything from my diet. I try and be sensible with them. Brown basmati rice is a staple for us at home but sometimes we have white especially if we've made a curry; some things are sacrosanct. I do feel grotty if I have bread too much but I do love toast sometimes! Or a sandwich. Always wholegrain/seeded stuff. White is lovely now and again but it bloats me. At certain times of the month I crave carbs though and usually just give what my body what it wants at that time.

Hi 👋 iv got a question 🥴 I was wondering if this is related to peri menopause,
The past few months iv woken up between 2:40-4:30 am, my body aches all over, bones, muscles and feels really heavy when I try to turn over. When I wake up at my normal time I seem to be ok, has anyone had anything similar??

Hi 👋 iv got a question 🥴 I was wondering if this is related to peri menopause,
The past few months iv woken up between 2:40-4:30 am, my body aches all over, bones, muscles and feels really heavy when I try to turn over. When I wake up at my normal time I seem to be ok, has anyone had anything similar??
Yep. my 1st symptoms were insomnia, aches and anxiety. I actually remember saying to a customer that I couldn't understand why I wasn't sleeping well as I didn't have any reason to be stressed. I used to go to bed at 10ish and wake up around 3 every night. I've actually had to develop a new technique to get out of bed.

Reactions: 3
Yep. my 1st symptoms were insomnia, aches and anxiety. I actually remember saying to a customer that I couldn't understand why I wasn't sleeping well as I didn't have any reason to be stressed. I used to go to bed at 10ish and wake up around 3 every night. I've actually had to develop a new technique to get out of bed.
Thank you 😊 it’s such a horrible experience

How's everyone managing the hot weather? I feel like my body can't process the heat, I'm sweating 24/7. And can't sleep at night. I'm dreaming of Winter and being too cold atm. 😂

Reactions: 4
How's everyone managing the hot weather? I feel like my body can't process the heat, I'm sweating 24/7. And can't sleep at night. I'm dreaming of Winter and being too cold atm. 😂
I feel lucky to be WFH permanently now so I’m able to stay indoors and try and keep cool as best I can. Nights are worse - a cold flannel on the back of my neck works for me but it’s exhausting getting up 5 /6 times a night. How do women manage who are doing jobs like surgery etc? I keep thinking TF I’m not doing anything like that 😬

Reactions: 2
I’ve been buying lots of ice (we have no food just ice) for the freezer, I take them out and I lay in n the kitchen floor with ice bags on me. Or I put my feet in ice cold water. I look unhinged but happy

I am trying to flip the situation. In the winter we won’t be able to afford heating so I am making the most of it!

I’ve been buying lots of ice (we have no food just ice) for the freezer, I take them out and I lay in n the kitchen floor with ice bags on me. Or I put my feet in ice cold water. I look unhinged but happy
Feet in a bowl of cold water is a winner, isn't it. Give it a few months & I'll have my feet on a hot water bottle instead.

Hey 👋 I’m not long back from getting my smear test and it was such a lovely experience 😊 the nurse was just wonderful and it’s been the most iv ever felt listened to 👍🏻
“Normally when I go to the doctor they prescribed antidepressants and tell me am anemic”
I told her about my fibroids and all the symptoms iv been experiencing for years 🥴 she advised me to get the marina coil fitted then go on HRT
So I was wondering if anyone has any experience of the marina coil ??

Hey 👋 I’m not long back from getting my smear test and it was such a lovely experience 😊 the nurse was just wonderful and it’s been the most iv ever felt listened to 👍🏻
“Normally when I go to the doctor they prescribed antidepressants and tell me am anemic”
I told her about my fibroids and all the symptoms iv been experiencing for years 🥴 she advised me to get the marina coil fitted then go on HRT
Me, love it but it's not for everyone. Haven't had a period for 15 years

Hi, did you take HRT with it?? I had the coil when I was younger “plain one” as the pill didn’t agree with me 🥴
I did go on HRT but only Estrogen because there is Pogestin in the coil. I tried to argue the case because when I was given the mirena I was told that one of the reasons it's so great is that the hormones stay localised within the cervix so I don't see why it changes for HRT. Anyway more estrogen was an utter disaster for me, I'm pretty sure i was estrogen dominant anyway and ended up with an even higher imbalance so I came off it. Planning on going back on shortly and will really fight my corner for progesterone

My mum did and she had fibroids too. It helped her a lot but she didn't go on HRT.

It can take a few months to settle in. I spotted for about 3 months then it settled and not had a period since

It can take a few months to settle in. I spotted for about 3 months then it settled and not had a period since
Thank you, the no periods is what I looking forward to but saying that I’ll be the one person that will continue to take them,

Thank you, the no periods is what I looking forward to but saying that I’ll be the one person that will continue to take them,
That was me! It reduced the bleeding though and got me back to a regular cycle. Unfortunately one of my larger fibroids pushed my coil out after about 3 years ago. I'm having surgery next week as I'm worse than ever (i needed blood transfusions in Feb as it had left me severely anaemic)

Most other people have positive experiences though so hopefully I'm the exception and it'll work for you 🤞

I decided to give up alcohol (wine) about 6 weeks ago for a while to see if it made a difference to sleep/anxiety. I was hoping for no difference, I didn’t want to give it up for good. The result - it has made such a difference. I go to bed, sleep immediately and don’t wake up for 7 hours. Before I used to have to get up, and then the anxiety kicked in. It looks like sadly menopause and alcohol don’t mix for me.

• Heart