Qatar World Cup 2022 🇶🇦

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm glad he's shredded it, or appeared to. Otherwise the ultimatum ment nothing. It's supposed to be symbolic. Wouldn't be suprised if he says at a later date it was a prop, but real money is what helps get it attention.

I know he's getting lots of hate for wasting money, but I'm sure he's got something planned to balance it out. And anyway it's one way to help with the huge amount of inflation 😆

Reactions: 9
Sooo disappointed in jungkook appearing to Sing on opening ceremony . Considering everything he stands for , he’s obviously put himself first as he’s breaking away from the band for solo activity and seen this as good promotion for himself

Reactions: 1
Robbie Williams has gone up in my opinion now, at least he is consistent and he is clear he is all about the money.

David Beckham is no surprise to me, his emails leaked years ago show he is an unpleasant dude.

I knew someone who worked for M&S when the Spice girls were starting out and she was in charge of offering them a chance to help themselves to whatever they wanted in the store. Four took one item each, Victoria organised her Mum join her and they each took a shopping trolley then filled them up to the top, no surprise to me that David married the Spice girl he did.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
found this video very interesting - there's a part two coming on what happened after they won the vote

very glad joe lycett shredded the money too - the amount of exposure it generated is worth way more than 10k worth of billboards or social media ads

Reactions: 6
Well that's the first time ever the host nation have lost the opening match, and much of the crowd disappeared at half time. Did they only pay them to be there for the first half? 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Commentator saying Qatar will have to wait for their first World Cup goal. Is it just me that can see them scoring no goals in any of their games?

Reactions: 4
The BBC refused to broadcast the opening? That just seems silly. Either broadcast the event or boycott it all.

I can't see where to watch it?

Reactions: 7
Were the Qatar fans actors? All dressed identically and moving as though they were choreographed. Then they got up and disappeared for a while and then came back. So bleeping weird.

Reactions: 6
Oh I couldn't see it on there, can't see it on catch-up now. I thought they planned to show it on bbc1 then pulled out?

watched it / had it on as background noise on iplayer too. i think it's the bbc radio 5 live commentary over the picture though rather than a separate programme entirely. they did show the opening ceremony though with different presenters and then switched to radio voices for the match

The BBC refused to broadcast the opening? That just seems silly. Either broadcast the event or boycott it all.

I can't see where to watch it?
I have seen reports of the BBC being a bunch of hypocrites, taking the money and moaning about humans, not humans who can't attend the bonkers NHS, not humans at home - cold, hungry unable to afford a TV licence or a drink to watch at the pub and are going to bed hungry tonight, nope it's all about humans abroad and virtue signalling whilst they laugh all the way to the bank.

As I say I prefer Robbie Williams you know where you are with him, he will go entertain Putin and tell you it's for the money and not lecture you to not do what he does and tell you how to live your life, he isn't in to luxury beliefs, he is old fashioned and into luxury brands.

I am not watching, I don't know how people can, knowing people died for their entertainment, they have some brass neck watching then moaning about Linker and Beckham.

I don't like football anyways, I begrudgingly watch finals and doubt the men will beat the women anyways, as many go on about 1966, ignoring the national squad did very well since, they are men fans not England fans, if they were England fans they would celebrate any England football win.

Last edited:
I see Kane will likely be thrown out of any final for insisting upon wearing a political sexist symbol promoting the removal of the human rights of women and children, serves him right.

What a bunch of hypocrites they all are.

Odd that the opening isn't on the world cup page on iPlayer. And they have sections for day 1 and extra.

All I can find is the first game with Gary and co justifying themselves.

I might watch the next Qatar game just to hope they crash out without a single goal. 😆

The armband is a bit meh, it's not making much of a statement. But they've said for so long that they'll wear it regardless that they can't back down now they've been told with a few hours to go that it's not allowed.

Making a bit of a statement in that place isn’t it? The stronger statement would have been not to go of course but as if that was ever going to be the case.

Last edited:
All that talk of definitely intending to wear it before it's been approved, to then backtrack just before after FIFA take weeks to decide and announce a few hours before it's not allowed. The tit show rolls on.

Now will they do the hair cut thing?

Screenshot_20221121_105230.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 3