PTWM #92 Bought my kid a car with profits from my scam, cos I didn’t get trainers off me mam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is this constant validation thing she has started to do?? Every story involving her spending money has her saying ‘do you like it?’, normally followed by ‘boo’ or ‘bub’??? I’m sure this is a new thing- is it part of her little girl- turned in toes persona??
Emily was at it as well "do you love it?", and she was filming too

Reactions: 5
Also, is anyone else thinking the big drama was just about trainers?!?! I have 3 children……sometimes they’ve had trainers from Tesco, sometimes they’re Nike or Adidas. I’m bringing them up to not be so shallow to make a thing of it! Same can’t be said for that house!!!!
It just never sits well with me
people on Instagram like her and The Inghams living it large on the back of lies, ADs, scams and gullible followers

• Angry
Reactions: 16
The thread has moved on about 15 pages thanks to car-gate, so it's probably already been said, but...

Betsy's really good with her money & saved up a grand for lessons? Yeah, I'd have been able to save up every penny I earned at 17 if my mum had paid for literally every other part of my life. As soon as I got a job I was responsible for buying my own clothes, my own hobbies, nights out. I get that some people have parents that can afford to buy them a car, but don't make out it's a reward for her being so great with the money she earns. She would still have got the car if she hadn't saved anything (which might be BS anyway).

I'm just bitter because my mum & dad leant me 300 quid for a battered Austin Metro (in 1998), which I paid back for months from my measly 2 pound an hour veg shop job (we didn't have any paypal money).

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It just never sits well with me
people on Instagram like her and The Inghams living it large on the back of lies, ADs, scams and gullible followers
They’re all completely detached from reality. They seem to think they’re martyrs to the cause and deserve praise for putting up with trolls when they could simply delete their accounts 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve nothing to say on this tit show other than it’s hardly ground breaking a restaurant owner wanting payment covered - I used to work at Pizza Hut and if your table left without paying you had to foot the bill and if you were over £10 down on your float you had to cover that too

I mean the restaurant owner probs assumed she took the cash for the alcohol and probs was right stood her in good stead as she continued with robbing PayPal money as she got older

Reactions: 23
Also, is anyone else thinking the big drama was just about trainers?!?! I have 3 children……sometimes they’ve had trainers from Tesco, sometimes they’re Nike or Adidas. I’m bringing them up to not be so shallow to make a thing of it! Same can’t be said for that house!!!!
Exactly. She makes such a big thing about having the best of everything. I think the first pair of brand name trainers I ever had was some Reebok Classics that I'd bought for myself when I was 16 (they were cool at the time!). We never were never given that kind of thing growing up, & you know what, I'm not scarred for life! They might appreciate things more if they're not given everything on a plate.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t begrudge her buying Betsy a car. My daughter is 13 but I have always said that I would like to help her with buying a car or at least some money towards one. My parents never did for me so I would like to be able to help my child. But as others have said it’s the stupid back story which gets me. Who cares that her Mum didn’t but her a pair of trainers?? Grow up woman!

Reactions: 18
Driving around Torbay can be a nightmare. Lots of little rat runs, one way systems and tourists.

I give Be Kind 6 weeks before she's scraped/pranged it.

I live there and even I find it bloody tit sometimes.

Locals - you ever been to Paignton Hospital? Bloody nightmare!

Reactions: 13
I wonder why she doesn't post her whole woe is me waffles to her fb stories, nor the new car post 🤔

Reactions: 13
I just remembered one time when I was a kid, must have been 9 or 10 and i got made fun of because I have Nicks trainers and not Nikes, I better go upload a sob story and buy my daughter the pony she keeps asking for 🙄
I don't get it, it must be exhausting trying to fit a sob story to every situation.
Buy your kid a car, not the first nor the last to do it, but leave it at that. If I were her mother, being blamed for everything, I wouldn't wanna have anything to do with her.

Reactions: 23
Just a quick one. The Nike Cortez story was most likely bullshit. I noticed that Josh was wearing a brand new pair of Nike Cortez trainers.

So I’m assuming that Rachael had to make a woe is me story up, looked for inspiration, saw the name of Josh’s trainers and went from there.

Attention to detail Rach. You forget it everytime
🙄

ETA: Do you think he got them free off the back of the suicide AD? Snakes 🐍

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Oh tit, I refused to buy my 9 year old a pair of £85 trainers for PE the other day, can’t wait to see her Instagram stories when she is older reliving the childhood trauma I caused…

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Nike Cortez banned in US schools.........’When you saw the sneakers, you often knew it was a gang member. It even got so out of hand in the early 1990s that schools banned the shoes because they were considered 'gang-related'. The notorious American gang MS-13 has adopted the Nike Cortez as part of their uniform, as a sign of loyalty’

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Nearly 20 years ago I used to ask my friends for their Jane Norman carry bags for my PE kit because I couldn't afford to buy anything from that shop (it was the in thing to use them for school back then 😆) i didn't want to feel left out. But hey, I laugh about it now, not cry about it. I understand now how much my parents struggled,I even understand why they divorced. My mum left us with my dad but guess what, I don't dislike her for it!!! Yeah I feel guilty when I can't get my son the £100 trainers he wants right that second, but I explain to him that he either saves up or waits and let's me save, he will get them eventually.
Iv never seen someone so materialistic as R. Literally her whole life revolves around money, paying her friends to stick around, reminding her husband that she pays all the bills, justifying her purchases with her childhood 'trauma', selling everyone else's trauma to line her pockets, buying her kids love and loyalty, friends that aren't in her circle are business owners that have done deals with her. Its a pretty sad life. What's she going to do if she ever falls on hard times? It can happen to anyone at anytime (covid proved that for the rest of us) nothing is secure these days and definitely not a social media page that you rely on for everything. Take a look at Facebook, that was once the top rated social media site and its slowly dying off with popularity and the same will happen with Instagram eventually.
Oh and everyone saying the pay pal money is long gone, it isn't! She still has people unknowingly and knowingly paying into it! She just doesn't accept new donations!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I really don’t get how Rachel could ‘put herself in foster care’, it doesn’t sound like there were any safeguarding or neglect issues with her dad and his wife? Did she claim she put herself in care for her own good due to her lifestyle? Here’s why I don’t get it, with social care stretched to its limits, children being taken into care is a last option having looked at all avenues . The family intervention programme first introduced by Tony Blair’s government could have stepped in with Rachel and her family and put together options for them and for Rachel to stay home . After all by her own admission she was going to clubs having sex and taking drugs but as usual there is no proof of this . Many teenagers sadly are involved in crimes , stealing, street robbery, drug dealing , violence and still remain home with their parents .

My son wanted Rockports for school back in the 90’s and his dad came home with a pair of US Brass shoes from the shoe shop inside Kwik Save, he was mortified! We’ve all been there as kids and can laugh about it now!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Can someone help me set up my Go Fund Me page or a PayPal scam because I’ve obviously been living my life upside down and the wrong way round 🤷🏻‍♀️ I never had a pair of trainers bought for me and once I got my first part time job at 14 in a sweet shop (blame those bastards for my weight too!) if I wanted anything for myself other than the basics, I bought them myself. I was lucky I was never in foster care but my home life was bleeping awful at times. I’ve made sure my kids were loved above anything else and this showed when my Mum said to her sister that I was a better Mum than she had ever been and she just couldn’t help herself from being horrid to me. Too little too late though and our relationship was still broken when she died. I don’t tell everyone this though, it was what it was and my life is good and safe now. I apologise for over sharing Tattlers but you get where I’m coming from and why I’m pissed off! I don’t object to parents buying their kids their first car but what is galling is to hear her saying she bought it when we know that’s bleeping bollocks! Your huns/sheep fund your lifestyle Rachaele and it’s so wrong. She trips over herself so many times in her rambling stories and it’s a joy to see and we just have to pray that her lush lifestyle will flounder and she’ll have to get a job to support her family like the rest of us oiks! We can but hope 🤞🏻 My daughter works in advertising so I get that we are all influenced by products but she doesn’t get these gifted to her or get paid thousands to show other people. This is what makes me angry about these influencers, they don’t care what they get sent as long as showing the huns brings in the money. Once those £ are in their banks they’ll chuck the stuff in a cupboard, never to be seen again or they’ll flog it on to their sheep which is even worse. I’m rambling now but it just makes me 🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: 24
Just a quick one. The Nike Cortez story was most likely bullshit. I noticed that Josh was wearing a brand new pair of Nike Cortez trainers.

So I’m assuming that Rachael had to make a woe is me story up, looked for inspiration, saw the name of Josh’s trainers and went from there.

Attention to detail Rach. You forget it everytime
🙄

ETA: Do you think he got them free off the back of the suicide AD? Snakes 🐍
Weird when she said they were £30 too she wasn’t born in 1920 ffs prices haven’t changed that much

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.