PTWM #89 kids are feral, husbands a boring tit, her Instasham life is falling to shizz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me evidently, nothing new there šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø šŸ˜‚.

The womenā€™s centre looks to me like a drop in cafe for women. I think given the size and what theyā€™ve done with the set up, that back room is for people in the community (therapists etc,) to rent out to see clients in. The rest of it is a coffee shop where women can go to get a drink and advice. So I expect Emily will be doing a lot of signposting women where to go if they do need proper help. I know they said they were planning to do freedom project workshops but I canā€™t see it being on a grand scale as there really isnā€™t enough space. I think it will be coffee, cake, a bit of shoulder to cry on and then passing out leaflets/ websites etc so that the women can access the correct help. The washer & drier, I suppose could help local homeless people clean up maybe??? Iā€™m not sure what the homeless situation is in the area, but that makes sense to me.

The room at the back covers the community interest part of the CIC as sheā€™s hoping the community will use it. Any money she makes of coffee and cake will be minuscule anyway. Setting it up as a CIC means that she can fundraise if they run low on cash for the staff AND she can also apply for grants etc if she wants to expand. I think the remaining PayPal Direct Debits that people still pay probably covers PA Jo & Emilyā€™s wage. The people who still donate to that canā€™t be helped. If they canā€™t see something off now, they never will.

Looking at the expense sheā€™s gone to with the refurb of the place, I think sheā€™s possibly paid for a bit herself. It looks like itā€™s haemorrhaging money already. I donā€™t think any of the women are business savvy, but thatā€™s where Jordan and Ceri come in. They are trying to build entrepreneurially. I think Rach will just try to follow them.

At first the womenā€™s centre concerned me, but I donā€™t think she will have access to peoples notes or situations, unless they give her it. Thereā€™s nothing anyone can do to stop that, itā€™s on the person involved. However, I think she will find out quite quickly that itā€™s more problematic/ hard work than she has thought. She shouldā€™ve opened a florist or something šŸ˜‚.

I know it seems serious, but I really think itā€™s much ado about not much. Like the book. Not many sales, off into oblivion.

At this point Iā€™m only here to see how long it takes her to realise why after this little bit of success, sheā€™s still waking up unhappy. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s sooner rather than later šŸ’Ŗ
In terms of community interest, they don't have to offer space for community businesses, they qualify as a CIC as it is in the interests of the local community/they're working to benefit local community - the people and by extension, families, accessing the centre. For what it's worth I think it makes sense to have a space for hire as that will help diversify income, providing their behaviour doesn't put professionals off from hiring the space.

I also wonder if they've adequately assessed the risk they're putting themselves in - if someone comes even just for a coffee and some cake and a chat, as others have said... if an abuser finds out, they could turn up at the centre. How would they deal with that!? Do they have a panic button?

Reactions: 16
Me evidently, nothing new there šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø šŸ˜‚.

The womenā€™s centre looks to me like a drop in cafe for women. I think given the size and what theyā€™ve done with the set up, that back room is for people in the community (therapists etc,) to rent out to see clients in. The rest of it is a coffee shop where women can go to get a drink and advice. So I expect Emily will be doing a lot of signposting women where to go if they do need proper help. I know they said they were planning to do freedom project workshops but I canā€™t see it being on a grand scale as there really isnā€™t enough space. I think it will be coffee, cake, a bit of shoulder to cry on and then passing out leaflets/ websites etc so that the women can access the correct help. The washer & drier, I suppose could help local homeless people clean up maybe??? Iā€™m not sure what the homeless situation is in the area, but that makes sense to me.

The room at the back covers the community interest part of the CIC as sheā€™s hoping the community will use it. Any money she makes of coffee and cake will be minuscule anyway. Setting it up as a CIC means that she can fundraise if they run low on cash for the staff AND she can also apply for grants etc if she wants to expand. I think the remaining PayPal Direct Debits that people still pay probably covers PA Jo & Emilyā€™s wage. The people who still donate to that canā€™t be helped. If they canā€™t see something off now, they never will.

Looking at the expense sheā€™s gone to with the refurb of the place, I think sheā€™s possibly paid for a bit herself. It looks like itā€™s haemorrhaging money already. I donā€™t think any of the women are business savvy, but thatā€™s where Jordan and Ceri come in. They are trying to build entrepreneurially. I think Rach will just try to follow them.

At first the womenā€™s centre concerned me, but I donā€™t think she will have access to peoples notes or situations, unless they give her it. Thereā€™s nothing anyone can do to stop that, itā€™s on the person involved. However, I think she will find out quite quickly that itā€™s more problematic/ hard work than she has thought. She shouldā€™ve opened a florist or something šŸ˜‚.

I know it seems serious, but I really think itā€™s much ado about not much. Like the book. Not many sales, off into oblivion.

At this point Iā€™m only here to see how long it takes her to realise why after this little bit of success, sheā€™s still waking up unhappy. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s sooner rather than later šŸ’Ŗ
This is what I thought ive only ever rented to live in not for business but that place is ruined theyā€™re sinking money into refurbishing it and itā€™s only rented, seems wasteful

Reactions: 11
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...Ispj7l-lS-8QUOoHsYNTHOuo#Echobox=1627817121-1

Hmmā€¦ā€¦.

ā€œA little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. ā€œLearning to spot covert narcissism can be more difficult and takes a certain level of specific awareness,ā€ Davies says. ā€œWith the more overt types, it is an almost unapologetic ā€˜this is meā€™ presentation. With covert narcissists, their focus on meeting their own needs is masked by more subtle manipulation and control techniques. They can come across as sweet and innocent, even shy and introverted, and can also seem very caring and helpful. They can be the shoulder to cry on, but will use what you share with them against you further down the road, and ultimately, with the aim of manipulating you to feel indebted and grateful. Thus providing them with admiration and gratitude ā€“ narcissistic supply.ā€

Reactions: 12
I would hope they would go on weight rather than age, wilby isn't exactly a small lightweight child is he šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
Ive googled a few and they go up to 15/16kg. I remember having them in the baby room at the nursery I used to work at and they stopped putting the older babies in them because they were to heavy for them.

Reactions: 3
In terms of community interest, they don't have to offer space for community businesses, they qualify as a CIC as it is in the interests of the local community/they're working to benefit local community - the people and by extension, families, accessing the centre. For what it's worth I think it makes sense to have a space for hire as that will help diversify income, providing their behaviour doesn't put professionals off from hiring the space.

I also wonder if they've adequately assessed the risk they're putting themselves in - if someone comes even just for a coffee and some cake and a chat, as others have said... if an abuser finds out, they could turn up at the centre. How would they deal with that!? Do they have a panic button?
Iā€™m not sure what Torbay is like as an area. Where I live thereā€™s absolutely not a chance you would have a facility that is there to provide for vulnerable women without a panic procedure and full security during closed hours. The potential for property damage is immense. Though Iā€™m sure she will have to have public liability insurance and buildings & contents insurance that have higher premiums because of the nature of the business.

However, I donā€™t think the feeling that itā€™s going to be the place for really vulnerable women. I just canā€™t see what it would provide for addicts etc in a practical sense. She hasnā€™t set it up for anything like that. There is no medical facilities, no crisis team on hand etc. To me it looks like a place that women/ mums who are having run of the mill relationship woes to pitch up and have a chinwag whilst Rachael/ Emily dish out the dodgy advice they give to Betsy and her mates. Which is in a sense, a lot safer than trying to get in the mix with women who are in dire straits and needing life saving intervention. I actually think now that she was being quite literal when she said ā€˜opening a place thatā€™s like my kitchen table,ā€™ if you get me.

Reactions: 17
Poor Lula being left out! I would say she was only coming along to babysit wobble but then Betsy offered to have him so Lula was cast aside!

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Christ that dress is absolutely bleeping vile, she looks an complete and utter knob šŸ¤£ perfect dress Iā€™d say.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
When I'm entertaining I absolutely hate it when my guests are on their mobiles. So bleeping rude. Raq updated her FB. a little while ago while she was at Astrids. Wtf.
Mind you Astrids updating her story too šŸ™„šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤Æ

Christ that dress is absolutely bleeping vile, she looks an complete and utter knob šŸ¤£ perfect dress Iā€™d say.
Cā€™mon she had matching lipstick too!
No doubt sheā€™ll leave in a different outfit after keys in the bowl shenanigans šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Newbie here, hi! This has been a bit of eye opener :oops: I do believe I am an ex hun. I'm local-ish to her, so have always followed with an interest to them visiting the same sort of places I do with my family, but actually they don't visit places as a family, do they?!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Love love love astrids husband telling Rachet ā€œno he doesnā€™t heā€™s just trying to give you adviceā€ when she said Josh is always slagging her off šŸ¤›šŸ»

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Love love love astrids husband telling Rachet ā€œno he doesnā€™t heā€™s just trying to give you adviceā€ when she said Josh is always slagging her off šŸ¤›šŸ»
When Josh was playing his guess the original artist game, I really wanted Astrids husband to say "no I don't know & I don't bleeping care"

• Haha
Reactions: 25
When I'm entertaining I absolutely hate it when my guests are on their mobiles. So bleeping rude. Raq updated her FB. a little while ago while she was at Astrids. Wtf.
Mind you Astrids updating her story too šŸ™„šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤Æ

Cā€™mon she had matching lipstick too!
No doubt sheā€™ll leave in a different outfit after keys in the bowl shenanigans šŸ˜‚
Keys in the bowl! That's so lush, especially Asteroid and Joycy getting together šŸ’‹.
But what about Emily?šŸ˜©

Newbie here, hi! This has been a bit of eye opener :oops: I do believe I am an ex hun. I'm local-ish to her, so have always followed with an interest to them visiting the same sort of places I do with my family, but actually they don't visit places as a family, do they?!
I'm an ex hun too!
I think there are many ex huns here ā¤.
šŸ˜†

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Rachel always looks a bit ā€˜try hardā€™ with the kooky vintage type look when she meets up with Astrid. She has a lovely figure and I thought the black outfit she wore for her birthday night away suited her. When I used to follow her on Facebook , there were regular posts mentioning alcohol and ā€˜getting tit facedā€™. There were posts of her still in bed saying she was hungover after nights out. Iā€™ve read posts on here saying Rachel doesnā€™t like the taste of alcohol and also that she and Josh wouldnā€™t get drunk together in front of the kids due to their previous experience with other parents . Does anyone remember when alcohol used to feature in her posts?

Reactions: 28
Rachel always looks a bit ā€˜try hardā€™ with the kooky vintage type look when she meets up with Astrid. She has a lovely figure and I thought the black outfit she wore for her birthday night away suited her. When I used to follow her on Facebook , there were regular posts mentioning alcohol and ā€˜getting tit facedā€™. There were posts of her still in bed saying she was hungover after nights out. Iā€™ve read posts on here saying Rachel doesnā€™t like the taste of alcohol and also that she and Josh wouldnā€™t get drunk together in front of the kids due to their previous experience with other parents . Does anyone remember when alcohol used to feature in her posts?
There are plenty of photos of her with booze on her IG if you keep scrolling down.

Reactions: 2
When Josh was playing his guess the original artist game, I really wanted Astrids husband to say "no I don't know & I don't bleeping care"
Theyā€™ve nothing in common Iā€™d say Josh struggles for conversation šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.