PTWM #42 FTUMWSPM (full time unemployed mummy who stole paypal money)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing with adverts is that they are meant to be slotted in to content, like on the tv or on YouTube you get an 2 minute advert for every 15 minutes of content for example. She isn’t doing anywhere near the amount of adverts for the amount of content she adds in. I think the only way she gets away with it is her adverts are only on Instagram, very few on Facebook. If all of that got added to Facebook she wouldn’t last. It seems to be more tolerated on Instagram for some reason. I think she gets away with it as other accounts advertise too that a lot of people (non-tattlers) don’t stop and notice just how much of her content is adverts.

Reactions: 7
The thing with adverts is that they are meant to be slotted in to content, like on the tv or on YouTube you get an 2 minute advert for every 15 minutes of content for example. She isn’t doing anywhere near the amount of adverts for the amount of content she adds in. I think the only way she gets away with it is her adverts are only on Instagram, very few on Facebook. If all of that got added to Facebook she wouldn’t last. It seems to be more tolerated on Instagram for some reason. I think she gets away with it as other accounts advertise too that a lot of people (non-tattlers) don’t stop and notice just how much of her content is adverts.
I also think because she shoves a lot of it on stories, when she can get away with it, and they disappears after 24 hours so people probably forget she’s done them or some won’t even see them at all.

She then uses the kids, particularly Wibble, in gridpost ads, which helps to deflect that it’s an advert - a lot of the comments on Wilby ads are generic about him.

I expect most of her followers also won’t realise that when she “collaborates” with Kidscape, the blood cancer charity, the Refuge train ticket thing, she’s actually getting paid. I am aware that charities have PR budgets - some people probably are not.

Reactions: 14
I also think because she shoves a lot of it on stories, when she can get away with it, and they disappears after 24 hours so people probably forget she’s done them or some won’t even see them at all.

She then uses the kids, particularly Wibble, in gridpost ads, which helps to deflect that it’s an advert - a lot of the comments on Wilby ads are generic about him.

I expect most of her followers also won’t realise that when she “collaborates” with Kidscape, the blood cancer charity, the Refuge train ticket thing, she’s actually getting paid. I am aware that charities have PR budgets - some people probably are not.
Kidscapes new mission statement is
‘Don’t let others bully your kids. Do it yourself for kicks. Follow PTWM for more details’

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Kidscapes new mission statement is
‘Don’t let others bully your kids. Do it yourself for kicks. Follow PTWM for more details’
This is what I was coming on to say! What the actual 😡 how is she an ambassador for this?!? How?!? Mind blown 🤯

Reactions: 11
It goes to show that if you have a ton of social media followers companies could not give a tit about what kind of person is advertising for them.

Kidscape obviously don’t care about what a nasty , lying , manipulative hole Rachel is and how she treats her dopey sidekick housemaid of a Husband..

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Wonder how Seb feels about Betsy, Tallulah and Wilby using his bed like a sofa. Poor kid has no privacy.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
It goes to show that if you have a ton of social media followers companies could not give a tit about what kind of person is advertising for them.

Kidscape obviously don’t care about what a nasty , lying , manipulative hole Rachel is and how she treats her dopey sidekick housemaid of a Husband..
They probably don’t know. If they just look at her grid posts and fb, then they wouldn’t have a bloody clue 🙄

Reactions: 6
I don’t know what Instagram intended to be but it seems to have become a giant selling platform. Wasn’t it supposed to be a quick snap shot of your life to show your friends? Now it’s unregulated advert platform. With the likes of Rach allowed to make wild claims about anything from baby shampoo to charities and the gullible fall for it ??

• Heart
I don’t know what Instagram intended to be but it seems to have become a giant selling platform. Wasn’t it supposed to be a quick snap shot of your life to show your friends? Now it’s unregulated advert platform. With the likes of Rach allowed to make wild claims about anything from baby shampoo to charities and the gullible fall for it ??
It was once just a bit of fun; nice landscapes, food , pets 😁 now it’s horrible and is just a selling platform.

Reactions: 10
Did I hear right in the guitar story "We were going to call him Hendrix " Hendrix Hambleton?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I bet every single one of those kids sting her for something every time they appear in an ad! It must be almost impossible to have them ALL be happy to take part at the alloted time.

For every ad she's probably paying back a third of it in bribes (Roblox for Edie, probs just cash for the rest). Still I guess it is teaching the kids some entreprenial skills.....god knows she won't be putting a percentage of their share into a savings account.

Reactions: 2
I followed her from before she was on insta, when she was still working and her Facebook posts where like the unmentioned bits about having kids or the tit bits that no one really talks about. Since insta I don’t really watch her stories. It’s all ads, sometimes multiple ones a day and all over a bunch of clips so it’s not even easy to skip. If it’s not an ad it’s a “relatable but not really” family story or a clip of her kids/husband being arseholes. I wasn’t around for the PayPal/the fallout ect but I’d say since the book/move to insta, she’s just a lot less genuine and much more of a brand. Except (as someone else said) we don’t get enough other content to justify the amount of ads and sponsors and brand stuff that she does. Her stories look like an online shopping channel rather than a personal page.

Reactions: 14
There she is tagging teenage girls again on her account with 199k followers. She’s just so weird. Her public Insta business account is really not the place to be wishing one of Betsy’s mates congratulations on passing her driving test. 99.99% of her followers won’t have a clue who she is. Send her a private message FFS.

Reactions: 13
It was once just a bit of fun; nice landscapes, food , pets 😁 now it’s horrible and is just a selling platform.
I think it depends who you follow. Mine is mostly bands/singers I like, cake decorating (because I find the videos oddly soothing), and house plant accounts 🤣

Reactions: 9
So she’s flogging those t shirts which for me, is a definite non purchase because I find her to be a mockery to the charity.
She’s blatantly just taken the t shirt out of the packaging and shoved it on (packing creases still intact) but I doubt she will keep it on all day. She also wouldn’t have paid for it herself.
Rach, your own kids have been bullied by your own admission, because of your online presence but you’ve done NOTHING to protect them so you have pretty much thrown them to the bullies for bait which is bleeping cruel.
What have you done to protect them? Instead, we all know when Betsy's periods are due, we know Edie has anger issues, we know Lula has anxiety, we know the boys story is complex. Nothing is scared or hidden away. If your children are bullied, you have to take some responsibility too.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.