PTWM #41 ‘fess up that Joyce got the sack, when are you giving the PayPal back?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today my baby girl my youngest is 18, it’s been me and her for the last 7 years, I have been her sole provider for 14 years... she moved out a few months ago to isolate with her boyfriend, her first love. I haven’t seen her today because she had a day and night of plans with her young man and her friends.
Am I gutted, yes of course, but parents are supposed to let our babies leave the nest and learn and grow at their own pace.
Rach, you can have Wilby sucking on your tit but at some point, you have to let him go and develop.
The latest boob feeding video has made me feel uncomfortable, it just didn’t look natural and comfortable for her or him.
But I guess any kind of content is ok with her.
It’s recommended to breastfeed for 2 years, and breastfeeding a baby of Wilby’s age will not hinder his development or make him any less independent as he gets older.

And that feeding looked perfectly natural, babies of a certain age being fed in public with all sorts going on around them will mess around because they’re nosy little things who whilst wanting to feed also want to see what’s going on around them.

I was watching that video through gritted teeth, is that really what breastfed babies do to your nipples 😖
They occasionally bite yes, and the correct way to deal with is is to remove them from the breast when they do or break the latch every time. Snorticus was too busy filming to deal with it properly.

If people don’t like extended breastfeeding that’s fine but can we please consider how your comments may make other people who have done extended feeding feel? And no I’m not moderating just asking for a little consideration around an emotive topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It’s recommended to breastfeed for 2 years, and breastfeeding a baby of Wilby’s age will not hinder his development or make him any less independent as he gets older.

And that feeding looked perfectly natural, babies of a certain age being fed in public with all sorts going on around them will mess around because they’re nosy little things who whilst wanting to feed also want to see what’s going on around them.

They occasionally bite yes, and the correct way to deal with is is to remove them from the breast when they do or break the latch every time. Snorticus was too busy filming to deal with it properly.

If people don’t like extended breastfeeding that’s fine but can we please consider how your comments may make other people who have done extended feeding feel? And no I’m not moderating just asking for a little consideration around an emotive topic.
Thank you. I sometimes feel that everyone is against what R does just because it's R.

Breastfeeding is the biological norm. If left to nature, humans self-wean anytime between the ages of 2 and 7, average being about 4 I believe. (They're called milk teeth for a reason).

Of all the bad things R is doing in her life, this isn't one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Maybe if she didn’t film herself feeding all the time and make out its a full time job and the hardest thing in the world, we wouldn’t need to comment on it.

Reactions: 25
Maybe if she didn’t film herself feeding all the time and make out its a full time job and the hardest thing in the world, we wouldn’t need to comment on it.
Maybe if more people actually breastfed in this country and saw older children being breastfed they'd realise that it is all typical and normal and not just R being R and wouldn't feel the need to comment.

Reactions: 12
We don’t ‘need’ to comment on anything she does. It’s a choice we all make. The language used around her feeding posts go beyond in my opinion, I’m sure others won’t agree.

• Heart
Maybe if more people actually breastfed in this country and saw older children being breastfed they'd realise that it is all typical and normal and not just R being R and wouldn't feel the need to comment.
It’s perfectly possible to realise it’s “normal” (though that’s not an especially helpful word to describe something many women physically cannot do) and still be triggered.

I see she’s now got a stair gate when did that get put up??
And then left it open 🤦🏼‍♀️ She’s a genius.

• Haha
Breastfeeding is always such a hot topic, I think discussing rehabilitating paedos creates less of a discussion 🤣

It’s good Rachaele is showing her large following that breastfeeding past 6 months is totally normal (I know a lot of people expected me to stop at 6 months for some reason?) I just get annoyed at how much she seems to resent it and uses it for “duck my life” material. I haven’t seen the videos, did Wibble bite her? As in influencer she should maybe say “Ok I know it sounds horrible but they will do it and there’s a way to fix it let me tell you how”

Reactions: 16
I agree to a point. However- unlike some mums she seems to actually have no major issues with breastfeeding- such as tongue tie, reflux, mastitis (she claims she did but I call bullshit), allergies that makes breastfeeding so much harder especially at the beginning which often leads to mums stopping breastfeeding early on - support in this country is not good and the many midwifes and health care professions only have very little education on breastfeeding and give out wrong advice ever too often as a result. I had to turn to private lactation counselling to get the help I needed to persevere and continue breastfeeding - not many have that option. My issue with her is not the breastfeeding posts - they don’t bother me at all but it’s how she uses it - honestly she really could have used her platform to shine a positive light on breastfeeding, bust the many myths around it but no she moans - makes it out to be such a job but honestly once issues are cracked many mums prolong breastfeeding because it becomes easy and it’s a great “tool” for growth spurts, teething, upsets - because breastfeeding is not just nutrition it’s nurturing and she hardly shows that part. She really missed out on that one but then no surprise - it would have required effort to educate and be open for discussion. I’ve seen too many comments on her posts saying they couldn’t breastfeed for xyz reason - if anything they got a 💜 at best...

Reactions: 13
I agree to a point. However- unlike some mums she seems to actually have no major issues with breastfeeding- such as tongue tie, reflux, mastitis (she claims she did but I call bullshit), allergies that makes breastfeeding so much harder especially at the beginning which often leads to mums stopping breastfeeding early on - support in this country is not good and the many midwifes and health care professions only have very little education on breastfeeding and give out wrong advice ever too often as a result. I had to turn to private lactation counselling to get the help I needed to persevere and continue breastfeeding - not many have that option. My issue with her is not the breastfeeding posts - they don’t bother me at all but it’s how she uses it - honestly she really could have used her platform to shine a positive light on breastfeeding, bust the many myths around it but no she moans - makes it out to be such a job but honestly once issues are cracked many mums prolong breastfeeding because it becomes easy and it’s a great “tool” for growth spurts, teething, upsets - because breastfeeding is not just nutrition it’s nurturing and she hardly shows that part. She really missed out on that one but then no surprise - it would have required effort to educate and be open for discussion. I’ve seen too many comments on her posts saying they couldn’t breastfeed for xyz reason - if anything they got a 💜 at best...
The only positive thing she’s ever said about breastfeeding is that it saves washing bottles and preparing bottle feeds.

Reactions: 6
On the breastfeeding, it’s just boring content tbh. She just drags the tit out of anything Wilby does because she’s got no other things to talk about. When I see the breastfeeding vids I just think ‘Wow, baby has milk, hold the front page.’
It’s such a first world issue. Who cares about about how a kid is fed as long as it’s fed. She’d be better to use her platform for the millions of kids that have no food 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The only positive thing she’s ever said about breastfeeding is that it saves washing bottles and preparing bottle feeds.
Duh! Which is kind of a given. 😅 (mattress and veggie bake comes to mind again)
She did advertised a breast pump which requires sterilising and bottles washing up however. On that note she was probably fuming not being gifted an Elvie Pump like many other insta-mums.

Not everyone can breast feed..as much as they try!
I think the point that everyone gets annoyed at is the amount of breastfeeding she does post, she doesnt provide any information or help for others. She could do so much good for others struggling but she hasnt.
She has sexualised it in the past with saying josh is like a dog on heat whenever she feeds the baby 🤢 squirting her unused milk into the family kitchen sink topless while her stepsons are around, walking around topless again with her stepsons around.

She also wasnt honest with combi feeding either. When wilbert was very young she had a prep machine and opened formula in her kitchen but made out he was solely breastfed

Reactions: 22
Duh! Which is kind of a given. 😅 (mattress and veggie bake comes to mind again)
She did advertised a breast pump which requires sterilising and bottles washing up however. On that note she was probably fuming not being gifted an Elvie Pump like many other insta-mums.
I just mean that seems to be her sole motivation for doing it. “duck me, I’d never manage to remember to make bottles to feed my child!”

Oh no, there was also the strange sexualisation of it where she repeatedly stated that Josh loved it and had never seen it before.

Reactions: 9
Oh I absolutely agree she could have done so much to promote breastfeeding And extending feeding in particular. She could have shown the positives and the negatives, the true realities. Ironically it could have served as genuine content for her, if she’d put in some effort.

I also don’t disagree about her constant moaning and negativity. But that’s her, she moans and is negative about everything. My issue is around some of the language used here around the feeding, and the undercurrent of it being ‘wrong‘. It isn’t. It’s Rachael’s attitude that’s wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just mean that seems to be her sole motivation for doing it. “duck me, I’d never manage to remember to make bottles to feed my child!”

Oh no, there was also the strange sexualisation of it where she repeatedly stated that Josh loved it and had never seen it before.
Sorry I did get that, but just meant if she can’t be bothered with washing up bottles as a sole reason for her bfing but advertising a breast pump which is a “making up a bottle” in a sense ..! I hated pumping and everything around it and it took me ages to get any good quantity for a bottle feed. Sorry I am up since 5 am today probably not making sense. 🥴

And yes with the sexualising (I blocked that out) and a dig at the boys mum for not breastfeeding ..!

Reactions: 6
And now she’s seen it rocks the boat a little in here we can guarantee they’ll be a ton of bf stories heading our way 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
The thing is though... has anyone ever seen a story or post of her pumping since she did that ad?? No??? 😂😂

Reactions: 8
No!!! And when she took Wibble to London during the beginning of a pandemic (classic Rachaele) she was begging him to wake up because “mumma’s tits are like rocks”. Then of course came the self expressing over the kitchen sink. You would think just for show she would pump!!!

Reactions: 10
Why does she act like no other baby has ever ignored their toys in favour of something inane like a bottle of pop? Has she ever heard how babies prefer playing with the packaging to the toy inside? Has she honestly had children before Wilby? I’m beginning to wonder.

Also lovely, letting him put that slider in his mouth which has no doubt been worn in the garden. And yup on the stair gate, why even bother with it if she’s going to leave it wide open?

Wilby seems to be hearing quite well which makes his docility while having his head shaved even more concerning.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.