PTWM #39 The lights are on but there’s no one one home, someone take away Rachs phone...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't have twitter, I've tried a couple of times but just don't get it 😂 if you tagged her and the company, would everyone see it and would she be able to delete it? Because I'm more than happy to try again if that's the case!
no i don't have it either, set an account up years back but didn't have a clue how to work it so gave up 😂

Also (I don’t use Twitter) I know that say she posted a tweet e.g. “I bought a new rank overpriced cardi” and people replied saying e.g. “where’s the PayPal money?”, she could delete her tweet but the reply would still be there and people would be able to see it’s a reply to a deleted tweet. She couldn’t delete and act like it wasn’t there.
this really sounds like the way forward......i may have to try and set a new account up and figure out how it works

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
With regards to shaving heads, not sure if you know but it isn’t actually against the law. Millions of parents shave babies heads as newborns, albeit different cultures but it doesn’t make it wrong. And they aren’t shaved with electric razors, they are shaved with normal ones.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
With regards to shaving heads, not sure if you know but it isn’t actually against the law. Millions of parents shave babies heads as newborns, albeit different cultures but it doesn’t make it wrong. And they aren’t shaved with electric razors, they are shaved with normal ones.
Erm no one has claimed it was against the law. And doing something for cultural reasons is vastly different to shaving a baby’s head so he has a ‘cool’ haircut or as content for Instagram.

Reactions: 29
We never intimated it was illegal, just that it was bloody stupid, irresponsible and unnecessary.

Reactions: 23
Nobody has said it's against the law, it's completely unnecessary. As a member here said, she is a professional and wouldn't use clippers on any child under the age of 3. He's not even 1!!

Reactions: 16
No one said it was illegal 😂😂😂
As a hairdresser i personally wouldnt recommend it as iv stated my reasons why previously

Reactions: 15
Please can you share links to what cultures do this so we can all be educated please. However R & J have not shaved W hair to follow a culture

Reactions: 16
It’s not against the law and nobody claimed it to be - they stated it was dangerous, which it is, and unnecessary and just another attempt at using her baby for content.

Reactions: 14
To quote what's already been said, who the f*ck said it was illegal or wrong? Stupid and irresponsible, yes. Or did you read something that is invisible 🤔?

Reactions: 11
Please can you share links to what cultures do this so we can all be educated please. However R & J have not shaved W hair to follow a culture
Not sure the pair of them could figure out how to spell the word culture.

I have Twitter but only vaguely understand how to use it, my account is very much work affiliated though so Comms would probably have something to say if I started using it to call out influencers, although tempting to start a new account just for this if it's the one way we can't be silenced 😏

• Haha
As previously stated, no one said it was illegal, it's just that it seems cruel and unnecessary at his age IMO - he hardly had a huge mop of unruly hair.

I have just found this online with regards to the cultures, i admit i didn't know this, but its not something I've ever thought about tbh. It also isn't going to be the reason they decided to do it:-

"It’s a common cultural practice in parts of Asia and in some Latin American countries to shave a baby’s hair right after birth or in the first few months of life. Some people do it for religious reasons, as in the Hindu Mundan ritual. Others believe that their baby’s hair will grow back in thicker and quicker, but this isn’t always the case."

The same article also states:-

"Shaving your baby’s head will not cure cradle cap. Cradle cap is a skin condition that actually has little to do with the hair itself.

In fact, shaving the hair while baby has cradle cap could irritate the skin and worsen the condition.

It’s also extremely important to avoid picking at the scales on your baby’s scalp, no matter how tempting it may be. This may cause them further discomfort and trigger an infection"

Johnson's really should have done their research before using her.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I didn’t say any of you said it was illegal or against the law, I’m just stating it isn’t. So why it would create such a furore is beyond me. I would say piercing a babies ears is more horrific yet most places will happily do it

• Haha
Reactions: 4
As previously stated, no one said it was illegal, it's just that it seems cruel and unnecessary at his age IMO - he hardly had a huge mop of unruly hair.

I have just found this online with regards to the cultures, i admit i didn't know this, but its not something I've ever thought about tbh. It also isn't going to be the reason they decided to do it:-

"It’s a common cultural practice in parts of Asia and in some Latin American countries to shave a baby’s hair right after birth or in the first few months of life. Some people do it for religious reasons, as in the Hindu Mundan ritual. Others believe that their baby’s hair will grow back in thicker and quicker, but this isn’t always the case."

The same article also states:-

"Shaving your baby’s head will not cure cradle cap. Cradle cap is a skin condition that actually has little to do with the hair itself.

In fact, shaving the hair while baby has cradle cap could irritate the skin and worsen the condition.

It’s also extremely important to avoid picking at the scales on your baby’s scalp, no matter how tempting it may be. This may cause them further discomfort and trigger an infection"

Johnson's really should have done their research before using her.
I have read similar articles to these, and what I surmise is it’s not just a matter of oh let’s cut our babies hair for the fun of it, these cases are deep rooted in religion and culture, and to compare those reasons to Rach reasons is quite frankly insulting.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No one said it was illegal 😂😂😂
As a hairdresser i personally wouldnt recommend it as iv stated my reasons why previously
My friend's husband shaved their baby's head while she was out at work - he was a very sicky baby and he had lots of thick curls, and she'd said in passing that she might trim around the front as she was having to wash it all the time because he was sick in it, went off to work and came home to a skinhead baby 😂 she went bonkers at the husband!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I think same Indian cultures shave their babies heads? My old neighbour who is Hindu and Indian shaved her babies heads. Sure it’s something to do with purifying a new soul.

I personally would never shave a baby’s head!

Reactions: 8
I didn’t say any of you said it was illegal or against the law, I’m just stating it isn’t. So why it would create such a furore is beyond me. I would say piercing a babies ears is more horrific yet most places will happily do it
Interesting use of the word horrific 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 39
It is not against the law and yes different cultures do adopt this practice.
Yes he is their child and they can within reason do whatever they wish with his hair, it’s their stupid decision after all and a decision that only they have to live with.
The argument is that Johnson’s are a wholesome brand (something our Rach certainly isn’t) they are a company that many new, inexperienced parents look up to for advice and guidance. We all know that the majority of her “huns” seem to be lacking in common sense and will follow them blindly, they will see their actions as normal, use cheap clippers and possibly harm their child.

• Heart
No doubt in true rachel style she will claim she did it for religious reasons 😂😂
There will be some tit excuse from her anyway lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The discussion here is not regarding piercing baby’s ears - that is a whole other debate. We are here to discuss PTWM and she shaved her baby’s head so we discussed it. Serious question and I am not in any way trolling you: are you here to attempt to derail the thread?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.