PTWM #116 The Patchwork Store to help the poor. Where does the cash go? No one’s sure.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is probably the case. My child who has Autism eats the same meal every single day, and despite us trying for years and years (and even under dietician) will not try anything new. It's honestly a win if McDonald's chips are eaten as it's a change from the usual! I also would prefer something was eaten rather than nothing. The fear of trying new foods is very real, it's more than being fussy. The "they will eat if they're hungry" just does not apply.

Will stop sticking up for them now. Racquet, where's the Paypal money?
A lot of autistic kids eat ‘beige’ food don’t they. A lot don’t like sauces and certain textures. I know a lot of autistic kids who eat the same thing every day and the poor parents have to stock up because god help them if they can’t get hold of the certain food.

Please people, don’t judge what you don’t understand. Not everything is as it appears.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think this is probably the case. My child who has Autism eats the same meal every single day, and despite us trying for years and years (and even under dietician) will not try anything new. It's honestly a win if McDonald's chips are eaten as it's a change from the usual! I also would prefer something was eaten rather than nothing. The fear of trying new foods is very real, it's more than being fussy. The "they will eat if they're hungry" just does not apply.

Will stop sticking up for them now. Racquet, where's the Paypal money?
I have no experience of children with autism, but since Wilby was first weaned he has been given junk and processed food while watching a screen. They very rarely even sit him at the table when everyone else is eating. Even if he does have issues with food, I don't think they have made any attempt to help or encourage him. He's never just been sat at the table and given a small plate of whatever they're eating even just to play with while they eat and interact with him. I totally understand that some children have issues with different foods and textures etc, and even those that don't will go through fussy phases, but he's had zero encouragement from day one.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
A lot of autistic kids eat ‘beige’ food don’t they. A lot don’t like sauces and certain textures. I know a lot of autistic kids who eat the same thing every day and the poor parents have to stock up because god help them if they can’t get hold of the certain food.

Please people, don’t judge what you don’t understand. Not everything is as it appears.
Nobody is judging. She never showed him eating anything other than nuggets, chips, or doughnuts or anything sweet when he was weaning. His food would always be pureed which will not help him with textures, taste, and colours. He'd be left in his pushchair to watch a tablet when they'd go out to dinner, they'd never involve him. It seems they never tried to let him have an eating experience as they have always shoved a screen in front of his face.

He's not had a diagnosis and she's using him as a cash cow and it's obvious she has held him back in many ways to make money. I'm not saying he doesn't have autism but they have certainly not helped that boy!

Reactions: 33
Nobody is judging. She never showed him eating anything other than nuggets, chips, or doughnuts or anything sweet when he was weaning. His food would always be pureed which will not help him with textures, taste, and colours. He'd be left in his pushchair to watch a tablet when they'd go out to dinner, they'd never involve him. It seems they never tried to let him have an eating experience as they have always shoved a screen in front of his face.

He's not had a diagnosis and she's using him as a cash cow and it's obvious she has held him back in many ways to make money. I'm not saying he doesn't have autism but they have certainly not helped that boy!
They were out eating a few months ago and he was on his tablet and sloshua was passing over pieces of his food and commenting that he was eating avocado etc. It was spoken about on here. So he will try other things. He might not like them all eg screaming cos he was offered an orange but he will try them. She just doesn't want the hassle.

Reactions: 16
If your child has issues with food, it doesn’t help to offer them cake, donuts, sweets and crisps constantly from a young age and let them drink your sugary tea and Coke. Several times when he was still a baby, Rachel filmed herself hand-feeding him chunks of cake and donuts. No wonder he doesn’t want to eat vegetables really.

F7034416-F011-4491-860B-E57832FB8346.jpeg

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 26

Not judging, but they are lazy when it comes to exposing him to different foods.

hes plonked in a highchair with a tablet in his face. Since he was small he’s been fed rubbish. Maybe I am judging.
He also doesn’t have a diagnosis yet.

Reactions: 23
New thread! Yes, I know I've put the wrong number on, I'm at work so trying to do it without getting rumbled, I will ask admin to change it!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.