PTWM #108 Every breath I take, every pound I make, every tear I fake ... I'll be filming you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Especially as today she’s been talking about how many times she gets bum worms. Teach you fudging kids to wash their hands. They are not babies any more take them to wash their hands until they learn. Or maybe they’re from her rubbing her dirty barely covered arse crack over everything. 🤢🤢🤢
Erghhhhhhh! That woman is vile. It’s not a normal thing to have worms. Imagine her offering to make you a coffee or sandwich 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
In relation to the calling Josh "Dad", I agree it's been forced since day for (seeing as the poor thing was introduced to him while in utero 🤢)

When my parents split, I lived with my Dad who was do heartbroken he was with his 16 yr old girlfriend days later... At 2 I went from living with my Mom to living with this child in a matter of weeks, being left with her constantly and told to call her Mom. I was too young to know any different, but feel so guilty now thinking how that would have made my actual Mom feel 😔

When I was a little older and realised calling her Mom didn't feel right, I was punished physically, verbally and emotionally, with the emphasis being on how upsetting it was for HER. Since then I avoided calling her anything where possible, referred to her by first name/some interesting nicknames 😅 to friends and crossed my fingers behind my back any time j had to say Mom to her!

Sure it won't come as a surprise to know I am finally no contact with her and my Dad!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I’ve referred to my ‘stepdad’ as dad for as long as I can remember. If I talk about him, he’s my dad. And that’s because he’s the one who has been there and done everything for me. I have been estranged from my ‘biological father’ for 13 years and even before that things weren’t great. I’m lucky that he wasn’t abusive or anything, he just wasn’t bothered and was too selfish.

The point I’m trying to make is that it’s different for every family and every child and if the CHILD calls the stepparent mum/dad without being forced to then that’s what’s best in that situation and shouldn’t be judged as wrong.

In my experience (only through knowing people in similar situations), if the biological parent is present and has a good relationship with the child, then it tends to stay as that person is mum/dad and the step parent is ‘their name’. If a biological parent is crap for whatever reason and the child calls the stepparent mum/dad then it’s only the biological parent who has themselves to blame. Obviously I know there are many different sets of circumstances where the biological parent may not be present through no fault of their own and that’s different.

In E’s case, it’s obviously forced by Ratchet and that’s disrespectful to E’s biological dad in my opinion.
I’m the same, the man I’ve called “dad” since I was 3 isn’t my bio dad but I never knew him. I agree that given Edie knows her bio dad and has a relationship with him it’s unusual for her to also call Josh “daddy” but he has been around since she was a baby and by all accounts probably spent more time with her as an infant than Jordan did (due to Rachel being a twit), even doing night feeds and weaning her so I imagine it does feel quite natural for Edie to call him daddy. If Edie is comfortable with it, I don’t think it’s a bad thing but I do think Rachel encouraged it 100% and loves that people mistake Edie for Josh’s daughter.

Reactions: 19
Sloshua taking Edie out for chips and sitting watching the waves. Could he not do that with Seb or Isaac? And re the dad thing it wouldn't be so bad if when she was a toddler she never called Sloshua Daddy and her actual dad Daddy Jordan. There are videos of that R has shown us.

Also have we found out why they're going to Bristol as Emily is now looking for dinner recommendations but seeing as R & J have both already asked this why the need for her to ask also?

I have a friend who's bought up her two step kids since they were 2 and 3. Their bio mum died and she married the dad. They call her by her name. She's adamant she doesn't want to be called mum as she's not their mum. I find it sad, but each to their own. Her kids know no different.
If it happens organically then I think it's ok. Slosh has been in Edie's life for a long time. Maybe it happened of its own accord. Knowing how manipulative and sly R is though I imagine she's always referred to him as dad in the hope it'll be repeated by Edie who knew no different.
Look at her insistence that S and I call her 'mum'. Makes me laugh every single time. She's deluded.

Reactions: 17
Sloshua taking Edie out for chips and sitting watching the waves. Could he not do that with Seb or Isaac? And re the dad thing it wouldn't be so bad if when she was a toddler she never called Sloshua Daddy and her actual dad Daddy Jordan. There are videos of that R has shown us.

Also have we found out why they're going to Bristol as Emily is now looking for dinner recommendations but seeing as R & J have both already asked this why the need for her to ask also?
It looks like she's there at the moment. If she didn't block so many people then I could give her a very good recommendation but her loss🤷🏻‍♀️ anyway in that shopping centre there's loads of restaurants, I usually just pick whatever I feel like eating and go for it without having to ask on social media.

I've posted here before too about Daddy Jordan and how uncomfortable that must be for him, I wonder if she is made to call him that to his face.

Reactions: 13
Let's not forget Jordan was also a great role model in the step sisters lives when he was in a relationship with R

Reactions: 20
Are these people deaf and blind, dumb or just arse lickers?
Credit to Rach & Josh, what about her biological father and his partner, from what she shows on here they have equal access to Edie, and he and his partner never plaster that little girl on their sm.
Something else that has been bugging me, a few weeks ago Edies Xmas list was posted and it clearly said Mums house or to those words.
How old is she, 8?
So is she lead to believe Santa will come to her twice? Maybe it’s just me but should she still not believe in Santa at her age?
I know it’s different for different family’s but still!

Just to say, I wasn’t judging it. I just said the whole ‘two dads’ thing wasn’t for me.

(Reason being is I have my biological mum, dad and grandparents. I’ve had 2 step dads, 2 step mums, multiple step grandparents & family members. My older kids both have a step mum and step dad, step grandparents and biological parents and grandparents. We need to use names just to identify who we are talking about, it’s like a diplomatic nightmare at times 😂.)
Glad I seen this, you are very much matter of fact and direct to the point, it’s very hard to get exactly where you are coming from when it’s via text.
Every family are very different, what works for one does not work for another.
I am in agreement that it has been enforced on Edie, she will come of a age that she will be able to make her own decisions, like all those children in that family, and that’s when real problems will show, because they will be in charge of their own minds and not Rachel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Credit to Rach & Josh, what about her biological father and his partner, from what she shows on here they have equal access to Edie, and he and his partner never plaster that little girl on their sm.
Something else that has been bugging me, a few weeks ago Edies Xmas list was posted and it clearly said Mums house or to those words.
How old is she, 8?
So is she lead to believe Santa will come to her twice? Maybe it’s just me but should she still not believe in Santa at her age?
I know it’s different for different family’s but still!
Exactly. You would think that they would say that Santa will leave some of her presents at her dad's house as she stays there half the week and that she would have one list, not one for each house.

Reactions: 6
My daughter is 9 in three months. I don't think she believes anymore. She isn't excited about Santa (she is about Christmas though) and I'm sure she's probably heard off older kids in school. I'm going to approach it after Christmas.

Reactions: 2
Exactly. You would think that they would say that Santa will leave some of her presents at her dad's house as she stays there half the week and that she would have one list, not one for each house.
My youngest were 5 & 7 when their father and I split, the kids did their lists to Santa and I shared it with him, we decided between us what we could get and afford, come Xmas, they were all from Santa, there was no divide, no mum got me this and dad got me that. Once they grew out of believing then of course it was different.
But they still believed at the age of 8,
I feel Edie knows the truth and Rach makes her make a separate list for both households and then she goes bigger and better so to speak to get one over on Jordan, the point she is missing though is, Edie won’t remember the materialistic gifts in years to come, it’s the happy or sad memories of time with her family that will stay with her.
I remember getting getting a Tommy hawk bike when I was about ten and a typewriter when I was about 12, other than that I could not tell you the rest of my life up to now.

Reactions: 8
I always told my kids just one small gift each came from Santa and the rest of the gifts were from us (mum and dad) this means they a)appreciate that the gifts are from us as I think it’s important that the big stuff isn’t from a man dressed in red! B) it’s less of a blow once they realise Santa isn’t real. My 10yr old kind of just figured it out age 8 and my youngest who is 7 still believes (although asks lots of questions like she doubts it) I imagine come next yr she will also figure it out. I think kids cotton on a lot quicker now with all the tech at their hands.

i am very matter of fact I know that. To be perfectly honest, my extended family make Rachael look like she was brought up like the Waltons.

It’s like Chernobyl and just as radioactive with an unspoken rule to get on with it, which we all now do out of each other’s way as much as possible. We all found it was a much simpler life that way.

(Though all our kids are in super enforced bubble wrap from everything on a purely need to know basis 👍 (unlike Rachael’s,) and they thrive because of that.)

Reactions: 9
I always told my kids just one small gift each came from Santa and the rest of the gifts were from us (mum and dad) this means they a)appreciate that the gifts are from us as I think it’s important that the big stuff isn’t from a man dressed in red! B) it’s less of a blow once they realise Santa isn’t real. My 10yr old kind of just figured it out age 8 and my youngest who is 7 still believes (although asks lots of questions like she doubts it) I imagine come next yr she will also figure it out. I think kids cotton on a lot quicker now with all the tech at their hands.
we were told that my mum and dad bought all the presents and santa just delivered them, and that the santas in shopping centres/garden centre weren’t the real santa but just chosen by santa to pretend to be santa whilst he could organise christmas… we were thick kids as it made total sense to us 😂😂

to keep on topic, i just love it whenever we hear S & I call her rachel especially how she insists that they call her mum 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The words mum and dad dont really mean much to her, much like the words 'best friend'. She calls her MIL 'mummy' 🤢 how many random friends 'dads' does she try latching onto? I wonder if B and T were made to call Edies dad 'dad' when they got together. It's all to suit her short term needs. Shes obviously not kept the older girls in touch with their dad cos he was toxic to her. Weve all seen shes desperate for the boys to call her mum.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.