Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I’m no conspiracy theorist - but the main thing that sticks out for me, is she wrote a letter predicting her death!! ‘They plan to kill me, some sort of car accident break fail’ 😫
All the more reason to wear a seatbelt then if you think they're planning to kill you in a car accident?!

Also, the letter was sent to Paul Burrell...knowing him he proabably forged it!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Yeah, the fawning over Diana is a bit tedious now. There's been enough documentaries and dramas about her life. All painted in a extremely positive light. Be good to see a real portrayal. All that glitters isn't gold, as they say.

clueless

Chatty Member
I put on 'The Story of Diana' on Netflix, but it's an American production and I'm not sure the American media actually know the way things are, or were, so are biased. There's a lot of her creep brother Charles waxing lyrical, and he shouldn't be given this airtime as far as I'm concerned. He says "I wish I could have done more to protect her"... says the man who denied her a place to stay on the 13,000 acre Althorp estate in her time of need. Yet very happy to have her buried there to "keep her safe" further cash in on her death. The man disgusts me. I hope most people know that little detail he never mentions.

Last edited:

Jen667

VIP Member

Came across this on the DM.

I didn’t know that there had been serious doubt cast on the results showing the driver was over the limit for alcohol? This article has certainly made me consider that it wasn’t an accident. Seems like Harry is wondering the same.
of course it was an accident. I don't understand why people would think it was murder. if people wanted her dead there are better ways to do it.

Reactions: 15

Sriracha_on_everything

I'm watching but I'm emosh. Diana knew she'd never be Queen.
What impresses me now about Diana is that she must have worked through so much stuff in therapy, to be able to talk in the way she does on those recordings. She might not have had any O levels but she was astute and emotionally intelligent in her final few years.

Even though they played on her paranoia to get her to agree to do the panorama interview she chose her words carefully. Even today they are memorable "she won't go quietly".. "there were three of us in the marriage".

• Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
The establishment wouldn't let him marry Camilla and I'm sure they had a relationship pre her marriage to Parker Bowles. Moubtbatten sent him off overseas with the military to end it. They had the Spencer girls lined up for the position of wife/Queen. I don't blame King Charles.

• Heart

HereWeGoAgain101

VIP Member
No, I don't. This theory is created by people who loved the self proclaimed 'peoples princess' to the point of disassociation. The same people who can't see that she was perfectly capable of making terrible decisions and frequently did. Such as getting into a car with a driver who was over the legal alcohol limit and not wearing her seat belt.

Agreed
That’s a pretty blanket statement to proclaim that all people who think she was murdered have disassociation. There was enough doubt by officials to open an enquiry that went on for years with no definitive conclusion reached. There are still an equal amount of people who believe she was murdered as believe she wasn’t. The only thing that can be agreed on is she was foolish to not wear a seatbelt. As for Henri Paul’s status, it was never determined whether there was alcohol in his system as his blood specimens were contaminated with pathology experts saying the samples were clearly “cooked”. A red flag to conspiracy theorists. It depends what you’re reading and ones level of cynicism. We will never know 100%.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
It’s just that I don’t recall her complaining about them basically spending all summer without her.
I can imagine it being the expected arrangement, but she didn’t seem to show any objection to it.
And she did complain about the RF, she wasn’t coy about that..
she has definitely been martyred after her death. The press really laid into her beforehand and she spent a lot of time cavorting around in front of the press. Re the Balmoral thing, I think it was just the done thing, but surely the divorce settlement would have said 50:50 custody, so she was entitled to see them for a couple of weeks over the summer. She could have kicked off over that, also Christmas. Were they all spent at Sandringham? Did she kick off over that?
I do feel sorry for her though. Her own family by all accounts were as awful as the Royals were to her. She was an unwanted 3rd girl, then she was offered up by them to the Royals as the only virgin in the Kingdom as suitable breeding stock. And for all her brothers postuering at her funeral he buggered off to South Africa and had little to do with them afterwards. He also couldnt be bothered to help her before she died.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I mean it’s just common knowledge they had her killed
Yeah....Philip said to the Queen...'we'll have to kill her off and never mind that she's the mother of our dearly beloved Grandchildren and the future King of England'.

Oh by the way...Elvis is still alive.

• Haha

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
The only person wearing a seatbelt survived and the other three were not and they sadly died. The driver was drunk and probably were speeding. Maybe there was a pap on the bike following, who knows.
It looked to be a very avoidable accident.

Reactions: 14
I wish I’d kept them but on the way home from a party, early hours of the day she died I bought a pile of Sunday papers to enjoy with my hangover. They were all full of nasty Diana scandal with the magazines having long range shots of her and Dodi. By morning after news of her death was out and all those first editions were withdrawn and replaced with the Queen of Hearts second editions.

• Sad
  • Haha

travelbug20

The main reason I don't think the royals had her killed is that it's not really the better option for them. Eventually the press would have tired of her, it was only a few years until Wills met Kate etc and we had a new cohort of young royals to follow. They knew it wouldn't be long until the tides turned. With her death she has been forever immortalised as the royal family's greatest victim. Some would argue her death caused far more of a headache for them than her being alive would ever have done.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Just because Di wasn't a fan of the establishment doesn't mean she'd be a fan of Me-gain. She might not say anything because she doesn't want to control Harry or make Megs feel unwelcomed, but I doubt she would've been a huge fan. Diana grew up as a member of the Spencer family and later became a princess so I'm sure she knows all about social climbers and their unscrupulous ways. Notice how after her divorce, most of the men she dated were very low-key and refused to indulge the press (Hasnat Khan was such a gem, a shame they didn't work out). I think that speaks a lot for Diana's values.

• Heart

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
The one "conspiracy theory" that I do have about Diana's death is that she isn't buried on the island in the lake at Althorp, I think that is a red herring designed to avoid her genuine final resting place becoming a macabre tourist attraction. She wanted to be buried next to her father in the family vault at their local church and I believe she was secretly buried there. I saw reports a couple of years ago in the press of her island grave at Althorp being overgrown and neglected - if she's really buried there then surely it would be immaculately maintained at all times?
I agree. I always thought the 'lake' was a smokescreen.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Diana portrayed herself as a 'poor innocent'. She was far from it.
There was a documentary about her a few nights ago as its the 25th anniversary of her death, she apparently said that if anyone wanted to be her they "had to have suffered" oh come on luv you were not the only one to be cheated on by a hubby. And I reckon all the money she had for trips to the state and fabulous outfits helped. No, money isn't everything but it can help, no worries about mortgage, rent bills able to fly anywhere any time afford what she wanted. She was a bit of a martyr, I am sorry she died so young but she had a very dark side to her as well.

• Heart

freda19

VIP Member
Yes. Possibly because she was about to announce her engagement to Dodi Al Fayed, a muslim man. I think the Royal Family couldnt get their heads around the fact the future King of England and head of the Church of England would have a Muslim stepfather. I love a conspiracy theory and there are loads around the driver working that night when he shouldn't have been and whether he was actually a plant so the "accident" would happen. They never found the other car either.
She was never going to marry Dodi. She was with him because she hoped/knew it would wind up the royal family because of who his dad was.
She died because their driver was drunk and driving like Jenson Button to avoid paps. Plus she wasn't wearing a seat belt. It was just the perfect storm.
I felt sorry for Dodi's dad, but his claim that Diana was pregnant and about to marry his son was nonsense. She'd just been staying with friends who said she was on her period, no way pregnant, and the autopsy confirmed this.
According to close friends she was still crazy about the heart surgeon she'd been secretly seeing for ages and who'd dropped her, and nobody after him ever matched up for her. I think he was Indian.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Isn’t that the fall out from the faked bashier stuff? She was so paranoid she rejected palace security
Oh yes, could be

You always knew when Mohammed Al Fayed was arriving in Harrods. You could hear the feet. He would have about 20 security men with him. I don't know what protection his son had? If Diana didn't want palace security then she had Al Fayed security surely? Why wasn't Diana and Dodi wearing a seatbelt? Why didn't anyone tell them to buckle up? An experienced driver would be use to dealing with papps/fans. A drunk one couldn't react the same way as a sober experienced driver. So many conspiracy theories but I don't think Diana was murdered. I use to see Diana shopping in high street Kensington and she wasn't mobbed or surrounded by security. This was after her divorce and things had calmed down by then.
I never understood why Al Fayed use to have so much security? If he needed so much security wouldn't his family need the same? Saying that maybe Dodi thought his dad security was over the top and didn't want it. I just see this as a tragic accident.
I agree I don't think it was a murder. Its too difficult to organise a car crash like that, and there were too many variables. I think a lot of the conspiracy theories are people trying to pass the buck. Al Fayed trying to say they were murdered when he was responsible for their security and their driver, the press trying to pass the buck because the reason they were driving so fast was the paparazzi chasing her, who wouldn't have been there if the papers weren't paying them for every single innocuous shot. Both Fayed and the press decided the easiest people to deflect blame onto were the Royal Family.