Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember seeing the driver on CCTV tying his shoe laces before he got in the car, he was perfectly balanced. if he had drunk a lot of booze he would have wobbled or even fallen flat on his bottom. He seemed fine, and walked steadily and didn't look bleary eyed at all.
You'd be surprised at how normal people can seen when totally pissed. Functioning alcoholics can seem fine.

Reactions: 6
I've been watching the Princess Diana documentary tonight and have such conflicting thoughts.

What do you think happened? Do you believe the story the media have fed us?

Reactions: 1
I definitely think her death wasn’t an accident. Who is behind it I don’t know but it’s all too weird and suspicious to be just an accident. I still think it’s really tragic, she found love after that shitshow with Charles then loses her life in a crash. I refuse to believe it was accidental.

Reactions: 9
I don't think there was any big conspiracy behind it. Sometimes tit happens and there doesn't need to be a big reason for it. I always felt for the boys, having to deal with losing their mum and then hearing the rest of their family be blamed for it

Reactions: 17
I think it was just an unfortunate set of circumstances...a driver who was over the limit, her not wearing her seatbelt, etc.

Agree how hard it must have been for William and Harry, not just losing a parent so young but in circumstances where so many people are determined it was a conspiracy and that your family were in on it.

Reactions: 13
Personally I believe it was an unfortunate set of circumstances with too many mitigating factors for it to have been completely set up. However, I do think the Royals/Charles were under a huge amount of pressure at the time to distance Diana from their public image due to her relationship with Dodi and rumours of her being pregnant/wanting another child. The documentary I watched actually blamed Dodi for the crash which I thought was bloody ridiculous!!

To some degree, I believe the accident and the events surrounding it were real but I believe the theory about the doctors not saving Diana when they had the chance, on "advice" of the Royals.
Her poor boys. I do feel Harry has been affected by it the most as William has always gotten the most attention due to his place in line and would've had more time 1:1 with the Queen etc. But I cant imagine my mother dying like that and having so many conspiracies out about your wee old granny plotting her demise 😶 Would really mess with my head as a teenager!

Reactions: 8
I think she knew too much about Andrew and considering her previous with the family, it seems too connected.

Reactions: 3
The only person wearing a seatbelt survived and the other three were not and they sadly died. The driver was drunk and probably were speeding. Maybe there was a pap on the bike following, who knows.
It looked to be a very avoidable accident.

Reactions: 14
I vividly remember the news of her death , one of my children was weeks old , it’s one of those ‘where were you’ moments.

I don’t believe in her death being a conspiracy.

She had refused police protection, there was a scrum of paps, a boyfriend unused to such attention , a fast car and a panicked driver who’d been drinking and above all she wasn’t wearing a seat belt.

Reactions: 18
I vividly remember the news of her death , one of my children was weeks old , it’s one of those ‘where were you’ moments.

I don’t believe in her death being a conspiracy.

She had refused police protection, there was a scrum of paps, a boyfriend unused to such attention , a fast car and a panicked driver who’d been drinking and above all she wasn’t wearing a seat belt.
I agree there were just too many things that were in their control that they didn't do. so many of the above things were in her and Dodi's control. The only thing that wasnt down to them was the scrum of paps. Harry in particular has put all the blame for her death on them rather than accept his mother was reckless, which is understandable, as shes his mum and they hounded her, behaving despicably before and after her death, and while she lay dying.
I remember exactly where I was. I'd forgotten to put my clock radio off for the weekend so I literally woke up to the news saying she'd died and ran downstairs to wake my parents up to tell them. Then the world went mad.

Reactions: 5
I agree there were just too many things that were in their control that they didn't do. so many of the above things were in her and Dodi's control. The only thing that wasnt down to them was the scrum of paps. Harry in particular has put all the blame for her death on them rather than accept his mother was reckless, which is understandable, as shes his mum and they hounded her, behaving despicably before and after her death, and while she lay dying.
I remember exactly where I was. I'd forgotten to put my clock radio off for the weekend so I literally woke up to the news saying she'd died and ran downstairs to wake my parents up to tell them. Then the world went mad.
Harry is 100% right in his ascertation though. If the paps had an ounce of decency they would not have hounded them so relentlessly? Dodi had security detail with him at all times and they were doing fine at the start with that detail. Every night after, the crowds would multiply making it very unsafe and paparazzi are shameless. They dont hear reason or have any moral compass. Not wearing a seatbelt was absolutely stupid of both Dodi and Diana however I can imagine they were very frantic at the time to get away. Its very hard to be level headed in those frantic situations. We've seen so many celebs have car accidents because paps are chasing them all around LA and the go to was always "Princess Diana died because of this, they should learn" etc. It makes sense to shut the blame on them, if paparazzi were content to get their pictures of them leaving the hotel then leave them to it, all of this could have been avoided.

In the CCTV footage, the driver did not look inebriated to me. He was perfectly fine and seemed to be in heavy discussions with Dodi and Diana about their play of action in that hallway. End of the day, we dont know if he was really drunk as his blood alcohol levels were that of a false positive result as his dead body was left in the tunnel for more than 2 hours and even after at the mortuary, we dont know how long it took the body to get there and how fast the body was chilled. If a body is not chilled within a an hour, it impedes blood alcohol levels significantly and produces false positives. However the man did have antidepressants in his system.

For me personally, I dont understand how or why the other driver in the Fiat was never traced and is hardly discussed. Who was he and what are his version of events?

Reactions: 8
I believe it was an accident pure and simple. The driving n Paris is crazy! Speeding, no seatbelt, paps following....a disaster waiting to happen.

I do think the public were wrong in demanding the royal family return to London. They wanted to protect two grieving boys like any other family would and they were demonized for it.

Reactions: 11
Conspiracy theories are only conspiracy theories until they're proven right.

If everything we thought about the world and how it works was always right, then there would be no need for intelligence services.

People have been assassinated by decree of intelligence services before, or their death facilitated by intelligence services. It's well documented.

If intelligence services were responsible for Diana's death, then they wouldn't be very intelligent if we were able to determine that they were from the limited resources we have available to us.

Of course she was bumped off.

n.b. A member of the general public would have already been extradited and charged with paedophilia, if they'd been knocking about with Epstein, no matter how much they professed their innocence. A diplomat's wife was allowed to leave the country after being responsible for a motorcyclist's death and then it was all denied by the Government.

There's a great book called "Everything we know is wrong".

It's da trufe.

I thought that he’d been found.
He was questioned by French police who apparently didn't do much and refused to name him to British Police for months. British Police are still wanting to talk to this man in connection with the accident - the man came forward himself last year and said the French Police said not to talk to the British or go over there for interviews. We dont even know if this guy was in the right lane, if he was an obstruction, if their cars made contact and how this came to be, what speed he was doing, where were the paps, etc. His version of events would be crucial but we got nothing.

All we know is this car was in the tunnel, this man claims to be him and on that same day his dad reported he was in an accident which required him to get his car repainted, the same day the accident occurred. His cars paint also matches the paint on the Mercedes Diana was in but for some reason French police have never confirmed the other drivers ID and we only know who this man is based on his own word. For all we know he could be lying.

Harry is 100% right in his ascertation though. If the paps had an ounce of decency they would not have hounded them so relentlessly? Dodi had security detail with him at all times and they were doing fine at the start with that detail. Every night after, the crowds would multiply making it very unsafe and paparazzi are shameless. They dont hear reason or have any moral compass
Absolutely. Who would choose to do that as a job? Probably only the most talentless and morally bankrupt of photographers. The tabloids who pay them are worse because without them they wouldn't make the money. They pay for the absolute worst and most voyeuristic pictures they can and then desperately try to absolve themselves of blame. I believe a large part of the hysteria that followed, to the detriment of two small grieving boys was whipped up by the press to try and deflect blame onto the Royals and away from themselves and their paps..
End of the day, we dont know if he was really drunk as his blood alcohol levels were that of a false positive result as his dead body was left in the tunnel for more than 2 hours and even after at the mortuary, we dont know how long it took the body to get there and how fast the body was chilled. If a body is not chilled within a an hour, it impedes blood alcohol levels significantly and produces false positives. However the man did have antidepressants in his system.
I didnt know that about blood alcohol levels. Thats interesting.

Conspiracy theories are only conspiracy theories until they're proven right.

If everything we thought about the world and how it works was always right, then there would be no need for intelligence services.

People have been assassinated by decree of intelligence services before, or their death facilitated by intelligence services. It's well documented.

If intelligence services were responsible for Diana's death, then they wouldn't be very intelligent if we were able to determine that they were from the limited resources we have available to us.

Of course she was bumped off.

n.b. A member of the general public would have already been extradited and charged with paedophilia, if they'd been knocking about with Epstein, no matter how much they professed their innocence. A diplomat's wife was allowed to leave the country after being responsible for a motorcyclist's death and then it was all denied by the Government.

There's a great book called "Everything we know is wrong".

It's da trufe.
I remember reading about the diplomats wife and how she was driving on the wrong side of the road which caused the accident!

I definitely think Diana's accident had something sinister about it. I just don't know who ordered it - the establishment would make sense but then would William and Harry be so subservient to the establishment that killed their mother? I really dont think so but I guess the truth could be hidden from them or spun in a way to blame anyone else such as paparazzi. Harry seems done with the royal family as whole, I think he's been itching to get away from England for a while and Meghan was his way out.

Reactions: 1