Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You always knew when Mohammed Al Fayed was arriving in Harrods. You could hear the feet. He would have about 20 security men with him. I don't know what protection his son had? If Diana didn't want palace security then she had Al Fayed security surely? Why wasn't Diana and Dodi wearing a seatbelt? Why didn't anyone tell them to buckle up? An experienced driver would be use to dealing with papps/fans. A drunk one couldn't react the same way as a sober experienced driver. So many conspiracy theories but I don't think Diana was murdered. I use to see Diana shopping in high street Kensington and she wasn't mobbed or surrounded by security. This was after her divorce and things had calmed down by then.
I never understood why Al Fayed use to have so much security? If he needed so much security wouldn't his family need the same? Saying that maybe Dodi thought his dad security was over the top and didn't want it. I just see this as a tragic accident.

Reactions: 11
Isn’t that the fall out from the faked bashier stuff? She was so paranoid she rejected palace security
Oh yes, could be

You always knew when Mohammed Al Fayed was arriving in Harrods. You could hear the feet. He would have about 20 security men with him. I don't know what protection his son had? If Diana didn't want palace security then she had Al Fayed security surely? Why wasn't Diana and Dodi wearing a seatbelt? Why didn't anyone tell them to buckle up? An experienced driver would be use to dealing with papps/fans. A drunk one couldn't react the same way as a sober experienced driver. So many conspiracy theories but I don't think Diana was murdered. I use to see Diana shopping in high street Kensington and she wasn't mobbed or surrounded by security. This was after her divorce and things had calmed down by then.
I never understood why Al Fayed use to have so much security? If he needed so much security wouldn't his family need the same? Saying that maybe Dodi thought his dad security was over the top and didn't want it. I just see this as a tragic accident.
I agree I don't think it was a murder. Its too difficult to organise a car crash like that, and there were too many variables. I think a lot of the conspiracy theories are people trying to pass the buck. Al Fayed trying to say they were murdered when he was responsible for their security and their driver, the press trying to pass the buck because the reason they were driving so fast was the paparazzi chasing her, who wouldn't have been there if the papers weren't paying them for every single innocuous shot. Both Fayed and the press decided the easiest people to deflect blame onto were the Royal Family.

Reactions: 14
Exactly.....it was a combination of circumstances that resulted in a horrific accident. People just can't accept that because of how she was treated by the Royal family.
Why did Al Fayed have security at all? He wasn't a celebrity.

Reactions: 5
Exactly.....it was a combination of circumstances that resulted in a horrific accident. People just can't accept that because of how she was treated by the Royal family.
Why did Al Fayed have security at all? He wasn't a celebrity.
Showing off how important he was probably and so that everyone could see him coming!

Reactions: 2
Her bodyguard, the only survivor of the crash repeatedly told Diana to wear a seatbelt but she refused because she wanted to cuddle up to Dodi.

• Wow
Her bodyguard, the only survivor of the crash repeatedly told Diana to wear a seatbelt but she refused because she wanted to cuddle up to Dodi.
The bodyguard had one job to do and that was to protect Diana. If he accepted those reasons for not wearing a seatbelt then he failed to protect her. If she refused and wasn't giving in then he should've made sure the car didn't move until all passengers were protected. You can kiss and cuddle wearing a seatbelt so that is a strange reason to give and for someone to accept that as a good enough reason not to buckle up? The whole thing is very tragic :cry:

Reactions: 7
The bodyguard had one job to do and that was to protect Diana. If he accepted those reasons for not wearing a seatbelt then he failed to protect her. If she refused and wasn't giving in then he should've made sure the car didn't move until all passengers were protected. You can kiss and cuddle wearing a seatbelt so that is a strange reason to give and for someone to accept that as a good enough reason not to buckle up? The whole thing is very tragic :cry:
And to not notice a drunk, speeding driver, but then Diana should have known to do that too. She had a 12 year old at home!

I don't think they wear seat belts for security reasons. Happy to stand corrected.

Reactions: 1
Definitely strange reasonings.

Reactions: 1
I was only a kid when Diana died (it was my first week of school) but I feel such a connection to her, it's odd! I think it might be because she was the first famous woman I remember being aware of and thinking she had the same hair as my mum. Now I'm an adult, her fashion still inspires me (as a fellow tall blonde girl!) and her mental health issues are relatable to me.
I went to see the exhibition at Kensington Palace a few years ago of her clothes, they were all stunning, I just wanted to try them on!! I think if I had been this age when she died I would have been distraught.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't think they wear seat belts for security reasons. Happy to stand corrected.
Yes, I heard that too. It's to get them out ofvthe car quickly in case there is a terrorist attack is what I heard, but surely dying in a car crash is more likely, and the bodyguard said he told her to put the seatbelt on, so that cant be right, unless he was covering his back.

Yes, I heard that too. It's to get them out ofvthe car quickly in case there is a terrorist attack is what I heard, but surely dying in a car crash is more likely, and the bodyguard said he told her to put the seatbelt on, so that cant be right, unless he was covering his back.
Probably if the car takes off at speed he may have done. I suppose they weigh up the risks but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have been in the habit of wearing one. Even today they don't wear them a lot of the time and I'm pretty sure the queen never does. Its something I notice a lot in press photography.

Reactions: 4
Probably if the car takes off at speed he may have done. I suppose they weigh up the risks but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have been in the habit of wearing one. Even today they don't wear them a lot of the time and I'm pretty sure the queen never does. Its something I notice a lot in press photography.
I notice the queen never wears a riding helmet either.
A headscarf's not going to be much help if she ever has an accident.

Reactions: 8
I used to do a dance class with a Royal Protection officer. As if bloody COVID hasn't been enough of a tragedy already, I have been deprived of tapping her for some insider information on Royal seatbelt protocol 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I used to do a dance class with a Royal Protection officer. As if bloody COVID hasn't been enough of a tragedy already, I have been deprived of tapping her for some insider information on Royal seatbelt protocol 😄
Oh my god, when do dance studios open back up. I'm here for the tea when you grill her :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
From what I remember at the time (yes, I’m OLD), putting on his seat belt is the last thing that the bodyguard remembered, as a reaction to the way the car was being driven. Apparently that was why he was the only survivor; he still needed the bones of his face rebuilt though.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I didn’t watch the recent documentary, but I recall many years ago one of her former Royal Protection Officers said that Diana ALWAYS wore a seat belt. I’m sure I read that, on the night in question, the reason she wasn’t wearing one was because it didn’t work. I’ve no idea if that is fact or something thrown out there by conspiracy theorists.

IF she was deliberately killed, then I don’t think The Queen or Charles would have had anything to do with it. There s no way that they would have deliberately caused that much pain for William and Harry. It would have been those higher up that would have dealt with it.
her sister said in an interview she was a stickler for wearing her seatbelt and never went anywhere without wearing one, I think the Spencer family blame the RF but because of William and Harry they are holding back . I also saw a yt video where it was suggested it was Dodis idea to have decoy cars and to choose the driver and maybe he paid Henri Paul to do that for him .

• Wow
Reactions: 6
It takes a second to get out of a seatbelt. A life can be lost for not wearing one? It doesn't make sense?

Reactions: 4
The queens first reaction on hearing the news about the crash was someone had greased the breaks. Source Ingrid Seward. Royal biographer.

Reactions: 2
Oh my god, when do dance studios open back up. I'm here for the tea when you grill her :ROFLMAO:
When we've asked her before she just says boring stuff like 'Ive signed the official Secrets Act' but maybe Royal seatbelts arent covered!

The queens first reaction on hearing the news about the crash was someone had greased the breaks. Source Ingrid Seward. Royal biographer.
But who did she think would have greased her brakes? The main culprit surely would be members of her own family or her own aides! Ingrid Seward is a mindless brownnoser to the Royals usually, so its an odd thing for her to say! Especially as she has some sort of deranged crush on Prince Charles!

Last edited:
  • Haha