Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Her private secretary said she told him Charles would kill her in a car accident. But the press secretary said she was being paranoid. He does not think she was murdered.

Just two weeks earlier, on Monday, October 30, we had sat in Kensington Palace fiddling with our teacups as she made a series of jaw dropping assertions.

Of these, the most worrying was a prediction that the Queen would abdicate and that Prince Charles would then arrange to 'get rid of me' either in a car accident or by having her declared insane. Other alarming prophecies followed, and she concluded with the opinion that the crown should skip his father and pass directly to William
Charles has many faults, but there is no way that he would deliberately inflict that kind of pain on his sons and leave them motherless.

Reactions: 23

hannah123

VIP Member
Here’s the new poster for the Diana film starring Kristen Stewart.

I’d love to know what people think of it, I can’t decide if I love it or hate it 😬
On one hand it’s a beautiful and striking image, but on the other, it’s like they’re really worried people will focus on whether or not KS looks like Diana so they thought, “just hide her face and hope for the best!”.

View attachment 729940
I can’t handle another portrayal of Diana as this constant crying victim. Can someone please make a film of all her affairs and all the marriages she ruined?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
Charles has many faults, but there is no way that he would deliberately inflict that kind of pain on his sons and leave them motherless.
You could see the utter devastation on his face when he went to Paris to bring her body home.

Reactions: 22

happyforest

Chatty Member
I've always been fascinated by her. So glad she has her own thread here.

I watched the wedding in the middle of the night from the US. In fact it's one of my earliest memories. She was flawed and damaged, and probably had far more demons than have been made public. Her admitted bulimia, throwing herself down the stairs whilst pregnant, etc., that's just not normal behavior. I think she was very likely bi-polar or worse. I do feel she was genuine in her desire to help people. She had that IT quality and was so damn photogenic. And I think she enjoyed playing with the media when it suited her. However, she was far too young at 19 to be thrown into what in essence was a love triangle. Even if Charles isn't lying about not sleeping with Camilla when he first married Diana, he was still emotionally involved with her throughout all those early years, and that is gross and would have made any woman feel crazy.

I'm from the US and feel she died because it was a perfect storm of an inebriated driver, driving erratically at high speed, and lack of a seat belt. I think it's a terribly boring death. Could have been avoided which makes it all the sadder. My husband is English and firmly has always believed she was murdered, and that PP had something to do with it. He thinks her purposely having a fling with a Muslim was the root of it and she had to be taken out. Add to that the whole Savile pedophile ring and God only knows what she'd been witness to and maybe was about to blab about. The Queen has pretty much always chosen the Crown over herself, at least aside of the whole Andrew situation. So I can see her turning a blind eye if the "men in grey" thought Diana had to go. I don't think anyone can argue that the RF totally benefited by Diana's death. Charles was able to move on, they had full control over the boys, and no loose cannon "People's Princess" running around spilling tidbits about Charles' inadequacies. But I still in my gut feel she died in a messy, avoidable, drunk driving accident.

I think Dodi's father felt he'd be blamed for her death and so came up with this fairytale BS about their being secretly engaged and a pregnancy. He lost his son and is heartbroken, so I understand his need to blame everyone else.

I don't think we will ever know what truly happened. But just the mystery of it all would likely make Wills and Harry probably far more emotionally traumatized than had it been a clear cut accidental death. I can't imagine wondering if my own family had something to do with my mom's death.

Reactions: 21

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
She wasn’t wearing a seatbelt because it was broken! I read that in a few places, and also watched a documentary on the crash. Also she was conscious at the scene and was asking if everyone else was ok, then she went into the ambulance and had a cardiac arrest... all very odd
I've heard that but it's not true the seatbelts were broken. She was conscious at first apparently saying 'oh my god' when she saw the aftermath but her internal injuries were too extensive, her heart had been displaced to the right side of the chest, which tore the pulmonary vein and the pericardium.

What's interesting is that thousands of people die in road traffic accidents but in the case of Diana, nobody can accept that she died of her injuries because she didn't wear a seatbelt and the speed of the car and the impact of her being flung forward into the seat in front.

Reactions: 20

Tublet83

VIP Member
Could he have been giving the paps tip offs she was major news on that holiday which is why they followed her. Seriously though it must have been terrifying in a high speed chase wonder if she knew her driver was drinking? I can’t understand the no seat belt, was it a habit so dresses wouldn’t be creased when she stood out of a car?
It amazes me people that don’t wear seatbelts, so incredibly stupid and selfish but it’s sadly common.

Reactions: 19

Moley1

Chatty Member
If you were professionally were trying to kill someone why would you try to do it in a car accident? There was no guarantee that anyone would die in that crash.

I meant to add that if Diana has been wearing a seat belt there is a very good chance that she would have survived the crash.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I vividly remember the news of her death , one of my children was weeks old , it’s one of those ‘where were you’ moments.

I don’t believe in her death being a conspiracy.

She had refused police protection, there was a scrum of paps, a boyfriend unused to such attention , a fast car and a panicked driver who’d been drinking and above all she wasn’t wearing a seat belt.

Lanie

VIP Member
I have read the conspiracies surrounding Diana although possible, I don't think the royal family had any dealings with it. MI5 maybe, but not the royal family. I believe the queen loves her grandchildren very much and I honestly don't think she could kill their mother. Her driver was inebriated and had alot of cash found on his person, which I do find odd. I also think that even as early as then drink driving although illegal and frowned upon wasn't policed as well is is now so it is possible he had one too many beers then had to drive somewhere. It's odd I never did find out where they were headed the night she died and often wonder if it was a last minute thing and he had been off duty until the last min.

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I don't think there was any big conspiracy behind it. Sometimes shit happens and there doesn't need to be a big reason for it. I always felt for the boys, having to deal with losing their mum and then hearing the rest of their family be blamed for it

Reactions: 17

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I am currently reading the infamous Andrew Morton book (in my defence I was a child in the 90s) and wow, Charles does not come off well in it! Sounds genuinely callous and a terrible husband indeed.
Diana contributed heavily to that book so it's bound to be all one sided.

Reverend

VIP Member
If the RF are going to bump off people for being embarrassing to them, Fergie and Princess Michael of Kent would have been dead years ago!

• Haha

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I can’t handle another portrayal of Diana as this constant crying victim. Can someone please make a film of all her affairs and all the marriages she ruined?
Exactly. It annoys me how she got put on a pedestal where she did no wrong.

Mrspowell

VIP Member
There was a documentary about her a few nights ago as its the 25th anniversary of her death, she apparently said that if anyone wanted to be her they "had to have suffered" oh come on luv you were not the only one to be cheated on by a hubby. And I reckon all the money she had for trips to the state and fabulous outfits helped. No, money isn't everything but it can help, no worries about mortgage, rent bills able to fly anywhere any time afford what she wanted. She was a bit of a martyr, I am sorry she died so young but she had a very dark side to her as well.
Glad to see a different opinion on Diana. I have a real bee in my bonnet about something…

she hadn’t seen those boys for a MONTH before she died. H&W spoke in a documentary about how they missed her and would speak on the phone. Her boys needed her but she was too busy galavanting around Europe with her boyfriend.
When the media was becoming more and more frenzied why why why didn’t she just bunk down with her boys and focus on being their mum. They needed her. Instead she was sunbathing on yachts and going to the ritz. and it was Charles who was with them. If she had been home being a mum, she’d be alive

• Wow
  • Angry

Mrspowell

VIP Member
I have met Mohammed Al Fyed many times... the man has the saddest eyes you’ve ever seen 💔 I think a lot of the stories he put out we’re out of deep grief

• Heart
  • Sad

PoleStar

Chatty Member
No, I don't think anyone "killed" Diana, I believe her death was exactly what it appeared to be - a tragic accident caused by a car being driven at excessive speed by a drunk driver, compounded by the fact that Diana wasn't wearing a seatbelt. An expert witness, think he was a pathologist who worked on her case, has stated that she would most likely have survived the crash if she had been wearing a seatbelt as she probably wouldn't have suffered the pulmonary vein tear that ultimately caused her death due to massive internal haemorrhage. People just love a conspiracy theory rather than believing something so mundane as a car crash caused the death of someone so bright, adored and famous.

Reactions: 16

mammaof3

VIP Member
Exactly! The reason he turned her down was
‘I am sorry but I have decided that the Garden House is not a possible move. There are many reasons, most of which centre on the inevitable police and press interference that will follow. I know you will be disappointed but I know I am doing the right thing for my wife and children’
So the pompous twat didn't want Diana - while she was alive - intruding on his property due to the police & the press, although he wasn't living in the UK.

But he wanted her on the property after she died - knowing there will still be intrusion from the press and tourists, but it's all for the money this time.

Quote - He said it seemed "natural" to bury her at their family home as he "wanted to keep her safe". What a hypocrite.

Horatio

VIP Member
I do wonder how her sons would be if she hadn't died that night, I remember being very sad because she appeared as a lovely woman to my 8 year old self with her charity work, and I was too young to understand all the dark bits. The funeral was very upsetting, even to my parents who are very anti monarchy (of course she was divorced from it but still)

William I expect would be similar, but Harry... who knows.
Yeah Harry's definitely traumatised by it all. I hope he’s getting help. I was 7/8 too and remember the morning it all broke, I was up early watching kids shows and even Cartoon Network had a strap at the bottom saying to “turn to a news channel for an important announcement.”
I remember the moment the reporter said live “and I can confirm princes Diana has died” too....it was like jfk, John Lennon, 9/11 ... something that everyone knows where they were.

The funeral I do remember to, Harrys bowed head and suit that was too big. My mum died when I was a baby , and I remember 8 year old me feeling some kind of empathy with him. It is awful they made him do that.

• Heart
  • Sad

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Diana has been brought up a bit in the papers today.

I watched and enjoyed seeing Camilla crowned, Charlie got his woman in the end.
I haven't seen much of that; Charles and Diana didn't seem suited at all so I think they would have been estranged/divorced without Camilla.

Terrible shame though that Diana didn't live longer to reach her full potential and possibly find the sort of love she craved.

• Heart