Princess Charlene of Monaco

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She does live in Monaco. Just not at the palace. They also have a family home a stone throw away from Monaco.

Her brother and his family lives in Monaco. Presumably, if this was planned treatment she was undergoing, she would have done so closer to home.

Her brother Gareth lives there. Pre-covid her family visited regularly.

I do think people are reading too much into these tears. After the ceremony at the palace, they went to Sainte Devote church so that she could leave her wedding bouquet at the altar (Sainte Devote is the patron Saint of Monaco). There was a gathering of a selected few, and she started crying when a religious song was sung by a parishioner. Isn’t it normal to feel emotional during one’s wedding, specially when things are being played out in front of the world. She wasn’t the only one crying : people were very moved in that church, one of the reasons being that it was a beautiful moment ;-)
It's not normal to try 3 times to escape from your fiance and have to be brought back by security though!

Reactions: 13
It's not normal to try 3 times to escape from your fiance and have to be brought back by security though!
I agree but no one knows whether this is true. It’s purely speculation. She was a grown woman when she met him, even more so when she got engaged and then married. She was a streetwise, well travelled woman. She knew what she was getting herself into and how much of a fish bowl Monaco was. She also knew her husband to be was a philanderer, and that the chances were high other illegitimate children might come out of the woodwork. She is not the victim everyone is making her out to be. I have nothing against her but the people of Monaco are of the opinion that she made very little effort to become a princess in her adoptive country and are very underwhelmed by her. Especially in comparison to the efforts made by Princess Grace.

If there was a deal between them (ie, marriage and an heir in return for whatever), then she is even less of a victim.

Truth is, no one knows !

Reactions: 9
So here’s my two cents worth clutching at straws.
I am originally from SA too.

I suspect she was his beard and that she is a lesbian. Their relationship was a business agreement which she may have tried to get out of several times. I think the children were part of the contract - ivf, rightful heirs etc

The wins for her - getting her and her family out of SA, a luxurious lifestyle etc etc but it’s taken it’s toll on her mentally.

I think she’s had some sort of breakdown and is having treatment in SA. The pics all seem to be her in the bush on safari. She also looks incredibly thin and the severe haircut doesn’t help (maybe she’s had brain surgery and the short hair is a cover?)

Not much is being said in SA. There have been pics of him and the children visiting her over Easter.

I do hope she is OK regardless of what is going on because as a mom, even when I’ve had enough of my kids and need a break, the thought of being apart from more than two weeks let alone several months would destroy me.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So here’s my two cents worth clutching at straws.
I am originally from SA too.

I suspect she was his beard and that she is a lesbian. Their relationship was a business agreement which she may have tried to get out of several times. I think the children were part of the contract - ivf, rightful heirs etc

The wins for her - getting her and her family out of SA, a luxurious lifestyle etc etc but it’s taken it’s toll on her mentally.

I think she’s had some sort of breakdown and is having treatment in SA. The pics all seem to be her in the bush on safari. She also looks incredibly thin and the severe haircut doesn’t help (maybe she’s had brain surgery and the short hair is a cover?)

Not much is being said in SA. There have been pics of him and the children visiting her over Easter.

I do hope she is OK regardless of what is going on because as a mom, even when I’ve had enough of my kids and need a break, the thought of being apart from more than two weeks let alone several months would destroy me.
Something happened before Christmas as she suddenly appeared with a severe undercut - her hair was completely shaved on one side and she looked really unhappy. It may have coincided with the latest paternity case.

Reactions: 5
It’s very easy to get tangled in life in Monaco. Many have. Amongst the things I have learned living here is keep a low profile, don’t mingle with the “elite”, and choose your friends carefully.
This is interesting, please can you explain- how does someone get tangled up in life in Monaco? And why would you need to keep a low profile and choose your friends carefully?

Reactions: 10
I don’t really understand why Albert and other royals have to pretend to be something they’re not. Like everyone knows what he’s like so why the show? No one’s buying it anyway.

Reactions: 3
This is interesting, please can you explain- how does someone get tangled up in life in Monaco? And why would you need to keep a low profile and choose your friends carefully?
A small place, where everyone knows everyone’s business, an affluent population, conflicts of interest (and corruption) galore at the highest level, the scratch my back and I’ll scratch your mentality. Believe me, it’s better to keep out of it.

The hedonist lifestyle, the superficiality, the vast amounts of money, sometimes of dubious provenance, can make people lose all sense of normality. Monaco is not a normal place to live in so yes, the best thing to do is so live a quiet life away from the glitz and to choose who you mingle with carefully.

Reactions: 12
I don’t really understand why Albert and other royals have to pretend to be something they’re not. Like everyone knows what he’s like so why the show? No one’s buying it anyway.
Nothing else to do? It must be a life of utter pointlessness. You can't even get people executed or go on crusades anymore!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Nothing else to do? It must be a life of utter pointlessness. You can't even get people executed or go on crusades anymore!
Prince Albert is head of state. He has plenty to do. The others try and occupy themselves with various charities and foundations.

Reactions: 2
Prince Albert is head of state. He has plenty to do. The others try and occupy themselves with various charities and foundations.
The job of Head of State of the UK and its dominions can be done by a 95 year old. I doubt, whatever they say, that any Royal has plenty to do!

Reactions: 4
The job of Head of State of the UK and its dominions can be done by a 95 year old. I doubt, whatever they say, that any Royal has plenty to do!
Heh, no offense but it’s quite dissimilar.

The title and position of prince is hereditary (same as UK, agreed), however the minister of state (PM equivalent) is appointed by the monarch from a list of three French or Monegasque national candidates presented by the French government. The prince is advised by the Crown Council of Monaco and has a real executive role, not just a representative one, in a country albeit small bit incredibly wealthy. I’m not a fan, but he is not idle.

Reactions: 7
She’s back!
No she’s mo
She doesnt look too happy....
Hope the operation Charlene had done helped her,whatever it was.The children need her.
She really doesn’t look happy. She usually is joyous, animated and mischievous. These pictures look like an obligation more than happy holiday snaps. Princesse Charlène looks unwell. I know she’s recovering from an operation but still …

Reactions: 4
It makes me so sad to see her little girl chopped her own hair. Not trying to armchair diagnose but I feel like that’s a classic cry for attention :(

Reactions: 2
My heart broke for the children in the "family pictures" released. They look so unhappy and empty.

Something so strange doing on with Princess Charlene but it looks like we'll never know what. I always remember how she ran away a couple of times before her wedding though. :(

Reactions: 8
Kids cut their own hair (especially fringes) all the time.

The picture is very sad. They all look dead behind the eyes.

Reactions: 3