Princess Charlene of Monaco

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes - I saw that yesterday too. There was a suggestion they will co-parent and that Charlene will be 'by Albert's side' at various important events.

I didn't realise she had converted to Catholicism to marry; I thought she was already Catholic.
From what I’ve read her conversion has been very comforting to her and she’s found strength in her religion.

Reactions: 7
I am confused as to why the news that she might be living in Switzerland is such a big deal. Plenty of parents separate and co-parent the children they had together. I don’t think divorce is in anyway the big deal that it was. So if she wants to live a separate life why can’t she? All these events with Albert look incredibly staged and uncomfortable. Would it be the end of the word for Monaco if they were separated officially? The British RF survived Charles and Diana after all. He has now married again and is King. No one seems that bothered by that. Or is Monaco a very different and more traditional society? It just doesn’t seem like the current situation is good for anyone.

Reactions: 8
I am confused as to why the news that she might be living in Switzerland is such a big deal. Plenty of parents separate and co-parent the children they had together. I don’t think divorce is in anyway the big deal that it was. So if she wants to live a separate life why can’t she? All these events with Albert look incredibly staged and uncomfortable. Would it be the end of the word for Monaco if they were separated officially? The British RF survived Charles and Diana after all. He has now married again and is King. No one seems that bothered by that. Or is Monaco a very different and more traditional society? It just doesn’t seem like the current situation is good for anyone.
She always looks like she's being held hostage. She doesn't look happy.

Or is Monaco a very different and more traditional society? It just doesn’t seem like the current situation is good for anyone.
My understanding is that the Monaco RF is very different in that regard, because of them being Catholic and I believe Monaco still has to consult France on certain defence matters, although it is an independent nation. Until recently, Monaco could have reverted to French control if there was no male heir. It may be that the RF wants/needs to portray a particular show of strength and unity.

Reactions: 4
My understanding is that the Monaco RF is very different in that regard, because of them being Catholic and I believe Monaco still has to consult France on certain defence matters, although it is an independent nation. Until recently, Monaco could have reverted to French control if there was no male heir. It may be that the RF wants/needs to portray a particular show of strength and unity.
I wondered if it was something like this. But to me it isn’t working. They look weak as a family unit because it’s all so strange and she looks so unhappy. Grasping the nettle and admitting the marriage hasn’t worked but they are coparenting seems much better to me than this constant speculation and her looking so sad. It all seems so medieval!

Reactions: 11
Could be that neither of them want to divorce until Jacques is 18 and able to take control of the crown if anything goes wrong?

Reactions: 1
Has Charlene ever been photographed with another woman? Like a friend or even advisor? She always looks like she’s within arm’s reach of her parole officer at all times

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Does she need to go as far as Switzerland to be unofficially separated? I would have thought that there was enough room in the Palace or Monaco itself for separate suites of rooms, as most aristocrats and royals lived like that for centuries. Also, don't they have a house just over the border in France that Grace and Stephanie were driving from when the accident happened?

Reactions: 3
I know it’s not exactly your point, but for me the big deal is the wild contrast between the rumours and what they officially say.

Reading about this again today, I can't help think she either has
1. The sort of deep depression that would envelop her almost whoever she was with. After all, she could presumably build some kind of personal life for herself in Monaco if she wanted. She may not have as many choices as she wants, but surely some?
2. And/or an addiction, hence the family staging interventions when they notice she's not well. An addict often chooses the addiction over their children - or may realise treatment must come first.

Reactions: 5
Does she need to go as far as Switzerland to be unofficially separated? I would have thought that there was enough room in the Palace or Monaco itself for separate suites of rooms, as most aristocrats and royals lived like that for centuries. Also, don't they have a house just over the border in France that Grace and Stephanie were driving from when the accident happened?
I would want to live in another country, if I were shackled to Albert.

• Haha
Having visited Monaco recently I never realised just how small it actually is.

I can see that no matter where she was in the principality it could be that Charlene could feel like she was under constant surveillance and that it would maybe feel like the palace have eyes everywhere (the entire principality is covered in hidden CCTV cameras)

I could see how that would make anyone want to live somewhere else, just for a bit of peace and privacy. It must feel like living in a gilded cage.

Having visited Monaco recently I never realised just how small it actually is.

I can see that no matter where she was in the principality it could be that Charlene could feel like she was under constant surveillance and that it would maybe feel like the palace have eyes everywhere (the entire principality is covered in hidden CCTV cameras)

I could see how that would make anyone want to live somewhere else, just for a bit of peace and privacy. It must feel like living in a gilded cage.
That makes sense, it must feel so claustrophobic.

Monaco being small and claustrophobic cant of come as a surprise to her though. She must of known all that when she was dating him.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone ever had a happy marriage in that family?.I'm starting to believe the Grimaldi curse is real.

Reactions: 4
Monaco being small and claustrophobic cant of come as a surprise to her though. She must of known all that when she was dating him.
Which is probably why she tried to flee before the marriage.
There is something going on and she's not a willing participant in their marriage.
He absolutely turns my stomach.

Reactions: 9
Monaco, aside from the palace, cathedral and garden isn’t very nice and very small. Plastered with CCTV and tall buildings it indeed feels quite claustrophobic and the hot weather simply stays and stays. I can see why she would put a bot more distance between them than just a few streets or maybe Nice. Nice also has verrry shady areas that I wouldn’t want to live in. Though I bet she can afford living on the hills with more air and less stale city humidity.