Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine having to live your life under this scrutiny, I feel stressed just reading it and seeing it all online not to mention all the rubbish that idiot Piers is spouting and it’s not about me!!

Reactions: 13
I'm so tired of hearing 'Harry is a zombie, manipulated, she is controlling him, its emotional abuse blah de blah'

Why is it when a man respects his wife, her thoughts and emotions that man is suddenly labelled as 'weak' 'abuse victim' and that wife is labelled as manipulative?

It's absolutely degrading to women, I've seen it so many times not just Harry and Meghan as the example, why?! Why can't a man be supportive of his wife and not be labelled a pussy? This shift from the masculine man as the bread winner or the dominant family figure, to this 'women are so manipulative, so controlling' it grinds my gears!

this is toxic masculinity!!!!!!!!

Can both man and woman not share equal power within the relationship? both sides respected?

It's diminishing to women, to all the work it has taken to get here, to be suddenly labelled as manipulative, it's also diminishing to abuse victims!

Give the woman a bleeping break man

EDIT TYPO

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I've been staying away from social media because I couldn't be arsed with people discussing the interview. Opener twitter today and the opinión is actually quite split which I wasn't expecting.

A lot of people saying they don't believe Meghan and think it's all an act, they don't believe she was suicidal, she could have "easily" got help but chose not to... People are acting like she was on trial for a crime. Is it that hard to believe she's been treated poorly?

Reactions: 10
I am watching now it’s just Meghan at the moment and I feel she’s coming across as genuine. I don’t get the comments I’ve seen across social media about her being an actress therefore can’t be trusted. This is her actual life she’s talking about not a role she’s playing on a tv show.

I don’t understand people saying she should have just gone and got help rather than expecting the institution to help or pay or what ever. But she literally said you can’t do that? You can’t just take yourself off to a mental health facility when you’re in the royal family because it would make headlines and might reflect badly on them. That was the whole thing. They put image above well being. I really felt for her when she was talking about being suicidal.

Reactions: 15
Harry really should release the name of the press person who made racist comments at them. Be it privately or not.
Someone pointed out to me that this goes just beyond a private thing, it possibly affects applications from BAME people to some of the newspapers that the person works for or owns.

Reactions: 7
Hopefully this isn’t against any rules, but this is such an interesting article. Actually shocking the difference in way the two couple were treated- in favour of wills and Kate.

Harry really should release the name of the press person who made racist comments at them. Be it privately or not.
Someone pointed out to me that this goes just beyond a private thing, it possibly affects applications from BAME people to some of the newspapers that the person works for or owns.
they made a specific point it wasn’t the queen or Philip.
It’s pretty obvious it’s Charles/Camilla or Wills!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
All the angry and bitter people shaking in disbelief while surrounded by their Jubilee collector plates 😂

The evidence is all their to prove what they're saying it right, there's so much more than just this what the RF do wrong and have done wrong in the past. I think people just don't want to believe they can do any wrong.

• Haha
I'm so tired of hearing 'Harry is a zombie, manipulated, she is controlling him, its emotional abuse blah de blah'

Why is it when a man respects his wife, her thoughts and emotions that man is suddenly labelled as 'weak' 'abuse victim' and that wife is labelled as manipulative?

It's absolutely degrading to women, I've seen it so many times not just Harry and Meghan as the example, why?! Why can't a man be supportive of his wife and not be labelled a pussy? This shift from the masculine man as the bread winner or the dominant family figure, to this 'women are so manipulative, so controlling' it grinds my gears!

Can both man and woman not share equal power within the relationship? both sides respected?

It's diminishing to women, to all the work it has taken to get here, to be suddenly labelled as manipulative, it's also diminishing to abuse victims!

EDIT TYPO
It's madness isn't it? There's obviously no way that Harry would want out of this toxic institution is there? Why would he want to leave an institution where his late mother was treated so, so poorly? :rolleyes:

It gives me rage that people think it was all Meghan and that Harry was happy. He was trapped, of course he was trapped. And the way Meghan was treated finally gave him "justification" to get out.

Reactions: 11
The evidence is all their to prove what they're saying it right,
That's the problem, there is no evidence for most of it other than the mail and other papers are vile. The rest and most damaging things is she said, he said.

EDIT TYPO
I do totally agree with you about toxic masculinity.

But people saying Meghan is dominant isn't demonising all men and women. One woman could just be dominant. After all she seaks fame and fortune and he hates fame. So not a stretch.

Reactions: 1
That's the problem, there is no evidence for most of it other than the mail and other papers are vile. The rest and most damaging things is she said, he said.
Yes I was referring to the papers, I kinda believe the RF also have some control over what is printed.

Reactions: 1
I am so sure it was Charles and possibly William who made the comments. Meghan expressed that it would be 'Very damaging' if they said who it was. Whats more damaging then saying it was the future king?

Reactions: 15
I am so sure it was Charles and possibly William who made the comments. Meghan expressed that it would be 'Very damaging' if they said who it was. Whats more damaging then saying it was the future king?
I think so too. I always hoped Charles will step down but he's longing for that crown isn't he.

Reactions: 5
Hopefully this isn’t against any rules, but this is such an interesting article. Actually shocking the difference in way the two couple were treated- in favour of wills and Kate.

they made a specific point it wasn’t the queen or Philip.
It’s pretty obvious it’s Charles/Camilla or Wills!
The British media is vile.
I saw this which is a shorter version of the article

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I do totally agree with you about toxic masculinity.

But people saying Meghan is dominant isn't demonising all men and women. One woman could just be dominant. After all she seaks fame and fortune and he hates fame. So not a stretch.
SO true - Im all for women being dominant, I just don't like when that woman is labelled manipulative and controlling

Reactions: 5
Hahahaha! Lorraine Kelly just ended her show with "Well I guess the only person ok with all of this is Prince Andrew."

Yeah because this interview is the worse thing to happen to the Royal Family in 85 years. Piss off!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I also think it was Charles who made the comment about Archie’s skin tone. ‘Very damaging’ indeed, no one wants to admit the future king is a racist.

Reactions: 11
This has made me see the bullshitters on my SM spouting about #bekind previously and then slagging off MM.

I keep seeing pictures of Kate being shared and how she is going to be a ‘great future queen’ as she ‘keeps her head down’.

do they not realise what they are saying? Kate may appear to be this symbol of strength but she could be battling some dark demons. Look how many times she has appeared gaunt and thin and people become concerned she has an ED... does that not imply something?!

and this whole thing has shown that mental illness is still such a taboo subject. Sad times. I’m just glad I am isolated and do not have to have conversations with these people as I may lose my tit about certain things. I’m not ‘team’ anyone, I just hate this mob mentality which is why I’m glad this thread is here because the other one is concerning to say the least 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes, they say Kate just put up and shut up like it’s a good thing. The royal family is an oppressive institution.

Reactions: 14
Spouting #bekind and #antibullying, and these people also like to slag off the developing countries for not having women rights. But when a woman finally speak up against bullying, they made her a villain and want her to keep her head down.

I wish them well, I wish they instil the same standard when it comes to their own daughter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.