Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really dislike when people pretend they can tell what racism is when they haven't ever experienced it themselves. If my black friend told me she found something racist, I would accept her judgement straight away, no questions asked. I would hope in the same sense, if I went to a male friend of mine and told them I found something sexist/misogynistic he would believe me too, no questions asked.

It's like people seem to enjoy downplaying other people's problems nowadays, almost like to say "it doesn't matter how that's made you feel as something has happened to me recently and that was much worse than what you have gone through."

And I always see people saying "A black person made a comment to me once about white people, I know it feels to have racist comments made about oneself." No, you really, really don't.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I think so too. I always hoped Charles will step down but he's longing for that crown isn't he.
I’m kind of thinking that Camilla is a driving force in not wanting Charles to step aside. She wants to be the Kings wife!
When Megs was talking about the constitution last night and ‘they’ wanted to change it whilst she was pregnant. How hurtful is that to Megan but more so Harry- this is his Father and brother, his family so obviously putting Williams children above Harry’s. favouritism much?
I was saying last night to my husband could you imagine if Charles and Wills and their families died in a tragic accident and Harry and a child of mix race (shock horror) became king. Wouldn’t that just be wonderful (aside from you know people dying etc etc I’m not totally horrible!!)
How much good would Harry and Megan do as King and queen. I doubt they would be dictated to by their aides and government!

Reactions: 10
I really dislike when people pretend they can tell what racism is when they haven't ever experienced it themselves. If my black friend told me she found something racist, I would accept her judgement straight away, no questions asked. I would hope in the same sense, if I went to a male friend of mine and told them I found something sexist/misogynistic he would believe me too, no questions asked.

It's like people seem to enjoy downplaying other people's problems nowadays, almost like to say "it doesn't matter how that's made you feel as something has happened to me recently and that was much worse than what you have gone through."

And I always see people saying "A black person made a comment to me once about white people, I know it feels to have racist comments made about oneself." No, you really, really don't.
I've come across a few people saying the comment about the skin colour of her baby wasn't offensive because it was "well-intended". How is that possible? I can't think of a situation where it would be appropriate, nevermind someone saying it to Harry. It's not the same thing as "ooh, I wonder what colour of eyes they'll have?", and whoever said it clearly had concerns over the colour of the baby's skin.

Reactions: 17
I've come across a few people saying the comment about the skin colour of her baby wasn't offensive because it was "well-intended". How is that possible? I can't think of a situation where it would be appropriate, nevermind someone saying it to Harry. It's not the same thing as "ooh, I wonder what colour of eyes they'll have?", and whoever said it clearly had concerns over the colour of the baby's skin.
Totally, if it is just a simple conversation about skin colour Harry wouldn't have brought it up with Meghan or he will defend his family. The fact that he didn't, proves that there were real concerns about the colour that goes deeper than a mere chitchatting

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I think that figure is slightlyyyy wrong😂 but I am actually curious to know how many viewers it drew in, in the UK and internationally. I think after today, I've gone from kind of just making passing comments about the situation to actually feeling outraged about it and I probably would follow their endeavours outside of the RF such as whatever they have lined up with spotify, as well as be more outspoken with how disgustingly I think the RF have handled everything regarding this and Andrew. I actually think Harry's commitment to Meghan is so sweet - makes a change from his slimey father and brother🤮
haha god can tell I was tired was meant to say million not billion 😂🥴 I agree about the RF shame really! Oh god I feel you on the slimeyness of the father and brother .. grim

Reactions: 3
I’m kind of thinking that Camilla is a driving force in not wanting Charles to step aside. She wants to be the Kings wife!
I genuinely think he's just waiting for his time to come to refuse the throne, and from what I understand he is expected to do that by many because of his age. I imagine the logic behind it is that William would have to take up even more duties as the immediate next in line, and since he is fairly young and has a family it's probably not the most favourable thing for him, especially as being the monarch will take more of his time.

his family so obviously putting Williams children above Harry’s. favouritism much?
I also think this is normalised within the family as sad as it is. One child is the monarch to be and the other is basically a back-up, even if they try to avoid favouritism I can't imagine it's easy. I wonder how you deal with that as a kid even, like your brother is basically destined to become something great and you're meant to work out your own place and what you want to do. It's a nice bit of freedom but comes at a price I reckon.
The RF just overall seems to be a toxic environment when you're so close to the throne honestly.

Reactions: 9
this irish times piece is fantastic. just shows how absolutely ridiculous this insane island looks to the rest of the world. well, a lot of the people on it anyway

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve just watched the interview...Meghan and Harry worked inside the ‘firm’ so why are people disputing that their recollection is not really how the institution works?

The fact she was denied access to mental health treatment, especially as Kate/William and Harry have been advocates for mental health, really shocked me.

I was also surprised she wasn’t given any kind of princess training. I’m British and I do not have a clue about royal protocol so why would an American?

I didn’t agree with their security detail being taken away - Harry didn’t ask to be born into that family. Surely they have a basic right to this for their safety?

I was pretty neutral towards H&M prior to this interview but now I an firmly in their team. I personally think that interview will never change the minds of people determined to hate them.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Some people just clearly hate H&M, regardless of anything they do which is why they are on thread 70.

It's also got nothing to do with the title. All Harry and Meghan wanted was security for their child like the rest of the Royal Family has.

Edit to say:
I'm still shocked that Charles and William want nothing to do with H&M at the moment. Yes, Charles comes from a different generation where things are done differently. But it's the 21st century. Racism should not exist. I believe it was Charles that made the comments about the skin. He's always been slimy. He's power hungry and what he did to Diana is unforgivable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I’ve just watched the interview...Meghan and Harry worked inside the ‘firm’ so why are people disputing that their recollection is not really how the institution works?

The fact she was denied access to mental health treatment, especially as Kate/William and Harry have been advocates for mental health, really shocked me.

I was also surprised she wasn’t given any kind of princess training. I’m British and I do not have a clue about royal protocol so why would an American?

I didn’t agree with their security detail being taken away - Harry didn’t ask to be born into that family. Surely they have a basic right to this for their safety?

I was pretty neutral towards H&M prior to this interview but now I an firmly in their team. I personally think that interview will never change the minds of people determined to hate them.
This is the bit that winds me up the most, but doesn’t that dodgy Andrew still have security? Surely you want your grandson and great grandson to be protected at all costs even if Meghan isn’t liked by them 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Lowkey I was confused about the difference between the firm/institution/family from that interview. So the family is more or less the firm but there's the 'institution' that Meghan spoke about which is a group of people separate to the family - would that be royal advisors or whatever? It confused me a bit because the way those terms were used seemed like there's something above the family in a sense

Being born into the family automatically you means you do not have a life of your own. You MUST follow protocol, be obedient and respectful and fulfil your duties. It is not a life everyone wants and they have every right to choose to follow a different path.

Harry was always been this way, before meeting Meghan. The strippers in Vegas, a party boy, public displays of affection with his ex - none if this is allowed. Margaret wasn't allowed to marry who she wanted and yes the rules have slightly eased up but it's beyond me why people think Meghan is manipulating him when he was like this before he met her

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So I never thought I’d ever be making a royal family related thread - I don’t particularly care about anything they do, but I feel like I’m the only person on this website who thinks that Meghan and Harry telling the truth? It seems absolutely how the all-white, ultra conservative royal family would treat an American WOC divorcee who has no connection to the royal family or aristocracy. The media has absolutely hounded her and made up blatant lies and she has every right to defend herself and drag every name through the mud. I don’t see why any of us need to have blind respect for a racist institution just because ‘ooh it’s the monarchy’. The queen doesn’t give a tit about any of us common folk, none of them do😂. I’m mainly watching the interview because it’s a bit of an iconic piece of pop culture but it’s so infuriating how people will dismiss absolutely everything she says. To me, nothing she’s saying is surprising and it’s fully the behaviour I’d expect from people who have probably never even washed their own dishes before.
Yesssss I agree with you
I don’t doubt a single word Meghan has said
The way the media has treated Meghan because of her skin colour is wrong and she has the right to have her side of the story
She never made Harry marry her and never made Harry leave the UK
The way the royal family treated Diane was disgusting so Harry must have resentment towards his father and the royal family...& if Harry and Meghan want to live a normal life away from British media then let them... it’s 2021!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I want to hug you for this comment ❤ Thank you.

Someone mentioned upthread how awful it must be for women/people of color to read these hateful comments about Meghan - and it is. Not because I necessarily agree with everything she has ever said or done, but because it stands for how women of color are being treated in general. How we are seen as "aggressive" or threatening as soon as we speak our minds. How our experiences are belittled and denied. How we are judged way more harshly for the same actions that nobody would ever criticize a white person for. I will freely admit that the main reason I feel for Meghan is because from the beginning I could see what was being done to her, and a lot of it had to do with her being non-white. Ask any poc in your life and they will tell you they're not surprised this is happening. It's exhausting nevertheless.

And yet I can't wrap my head around people siding with human excrement like Piers Morgan, or taking the Daily Fail seriously and using their lies as hard proof for everything Meghan has allegedly done wrong. And only a few months ago so many of them were celebrating The Crown as if it was a documentary, feeling sorry for Diana, hating Charles - and now they can't believe that the same family that once destroyed Harry's mother would be capable of doing the same to his wife. Let that sink in for a moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It was nice to see Harry is able to take his son out to the beach like a normal family. The relief he must feel to be away from that family, it was almost palpable. Must be hard for William to know he’ll never have that.

Reactions: 16
The British media is vile.
I saw this which is a shorter version of the article
US & Australian media is vile too, or, more accurately SOME are.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I think they really were so brave to speak out as I guess so much goes on behind the scenes in the royal family which we may never know. It’s a shame Meghan and Harry are getting more crap than Andrew. Media reporting is so biased

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Lowkey I was confused about the difference between the firm/institution/family from that interview. So the family is more or less the firm but there's the 'institution' that Meghan spoke about which is a group of people separate to the family - would that be royal advisors or whatever? It confused me a bit because the way those terms were used seemed like there's something above the family in a sense
It all sounds rather vague and sinister doesn't it? I didn't get it either until researching. "The Firm" was a term used casually in passing by a previous King (I forget which) whilst describing how the Royals had become less of a family and more of a business. This was 100+ years ago and it has become more and more true as time goes on. In simple terms I think the family are much like a famous pop singer who has a team of managers, publicists, etc. but just on a different scale and much more ingrained culture because, like Meghan said, we're not talking about famous popstars we're talking about royalty. Like any big-name brand/firm/business, it's something that goes back decades so you have senior staff who hold a lot of power, entry level staff, etc. I would say the most senior staff in 'the firm' don't hold power over the Queen, of course they don't, she's the Queen, but she entrusts them and they certainly DO hold power of the likes of Harry and Meghan. The Queen doesn't involve herself in a lot of the goings on, disagreements, complaints etc. and it's all left to "The Firm" to sort out. Meghan even revealed there's a HR team within the firm to mediate issues which I found interesting. It's a term which is used to describe the family when you take into account the entire hierarchy of staff surrounding it from the top to the bottom. The image and propaganda we have been sold for decades of the royals just living in the palace surrounded by servants, nannies and doormen with perhaps a secretary and an 'aide'/'advisor' is entirely false. Everything is micromanaged to within an inch of itself... by "The Firm".

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think if BP remain silent over this, that will be very damaging. This whole debacle has shown that the monarchy needs a complete overhaul and dragging into modern times. Liz's usual head in the sand approach won't work.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think if BP remain silent over this, that will be very damaging. This whole debacle has shown that the monarchy needs a complete overhaul and dragging into modern times. Liz's usual head in the sand approach won't work.
I actually don't think that's really the case at all. The same argument has been made so many times now, even to some extent with Andrew that it's really lost meaning because nothing really ever changes, and if it does we don't actually heard about it. Plus, this is being talked about because the media is pushing it, they'll get bored in a day or two and people will just retort to the same conversations about how the monarchy is out of date, their failure with Andrew and now their lack of support for Meghan and Harry.
At the end of the day, the country and the public has bigger concerns to focus on than some famous family being toxic or racists. I guess the argument can be made that they represent us on the international stage but I don't think it's that much of a secret that Britain is very stuck in it's ways and has a racism issue, just look at some of the Brexit stuff.

Apparently there's talk from some commonwealth countries wanting to leave though so maybe something will be done to a minimal level. Though seeing as it's not really making the news, I'm guessing it's the same sort of argument as abolishing the monarch - unlikely to materialise.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.