Prince Harry & Meghan Rave thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
- Held her own hand
- Wore a cape
- Exposed her forearms
- Cried from one eye
- Put her hands in her pockets gloves
- Looked at William

Her actions are utterly scandalous.
The crying from one eye thing is hilarious. Apparently it’s because she’s an actress so she can cry on command. I couldn’t act to save my life yet I cry from one eye too

Let’s burn us one eyed cryers and William onlookers on the pyre, we’re clearly a blight on humanity 😂

Honestly I’m so glad that I can come here to share my thoughts!

Reactions: 11
Well I didn’t watch it but I think she looked fantastic.

Reactions: 13
The crying from one eye thing is hilarious. Apparently it’s because she’s an actress so she can cry on command. I couldn’t act to save my life yet I cry from one eye too
I love that whenever Meghan shows an emotion her haters don’t like, they have to point out that she was an actress and that’s why she can cry on cue/interact with a crowd/make a speech but they’ll also make a big point of how she was “a terrible D List actress who was only on a show no one watched” which would imply she doesn’t have the talent to fake all those emotions 🤔

I’ve loved reading this thread over the last couple of days. I avoid ever getting drawn into conversations about H&M at work because I have a number of colleagues who’d fit right in on the Daily Mail comment section and no discussion will change their mind. However, looking at Twitter this week, it does seem that more people are beginning to see how poorly Meghan has been treated by the media.

(That’s not to say her and Harry are perfect human beings who should be free from criticism but the level of bile and vitriol that has been spewed at Meghan for the last few years is absurd.)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I know that this is a Harry and Meghan thread and I apologise in advance for putting this thought into everyone’s head but

I can’t believe King Charles had the stamina to walk so far earlier this afternoon. I’d end up having an asthma attack just turning a corner but he managed it well. Lucky Camilla 😂

I love that whenever Meghan shows an emotion her haters don’t like, they have to point out that she was an actress and that’s why she can cry on cue/interact with a crowd/make a speech but they’ll also make a big point of how she was “a terrible D List actress who was only on a show no one watched” which would imply she doesn’t have the talent to fake all those emotions 🤔

I’ve loved reading this thread over the last couple of days. I avoid ever getting drawn into conversations about H&M at work because I have a number of colleagues who’d fit right in on the Daily Mail comment section and no discussion will change their mind. However, looking at Twitter this week, it does seem that more people are beginning to see how poorly Meghan has been treated by the media.

(That’s not to say her and Harry are perfect human beings who should be free from criticism but the level of bile and vitriol that has been spewed at Meghan for the last few years is absurd.)
This is what I mean, there are criticisms about them both which are valid but I don’t think it’s any more than the criticisms any royal would get (apart from Andrew who should get a lot more than he does.) But I think it’s easy to forget that Meghan had a lot of criticism before they decided to step back due to her background of being an actress, her race etc. Some could argue they opened themselves up to more vitriol by doing the “tell all” which is fair enough but I guess from their perspective, nothing that was said about Meghan (and Harry to an extent) wasn’t already being said about her beforehand from the media and public.

The media and a lot of the public had already reduced her to being “just an actress” as though that made her less worthy to marry a prince. Her race was already being torn apart (I remember article’s speculating if she had a nose job, as if it mattered anyway but it was discussed as though she was trying to change/hide her heritage or even how she styles her hair.) They compared Meghan and every single thing she wore was copying Diana or Kate.

I just don’t think she would have had a fighting chance if they hadn’t stepped back, nor would anything change if they left and didn’t say a word. Unfortunately, she’ll always be known as the person who took Harry away from the Royal Family and came in between two brothers (as though William and Harry can’t sort themselves out 🙄)

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
She really can’t win can she? Damned whatever she does. Meghan has a beautiful resting face that naturally is upturned. If it was down turned she’s be called out for a RBF whereas Kate’s is called dignified and poignant.
I agree with many of you that Kate needs to stop with the heavy cheek makeup. She’s already lost a lot of her cheek fullness with age and looks drawn, she doesn’t need all that product. Kate’s lovely looking but desperately needs a new MUA.
I can also see people judging meghan’s tear for not wearing waterproof makeup etc but it doesn’t look like mascara ran just eyeshadow which isn’t waterproof.
The way the media pit these two women and compare them is awful. I think they both have it rough marrying into that circus and hope someday they’ll show a united front.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
What I don't understand is, Princess Anne choice to raise her children as private citizens, not giving them a title so they could have a 'normal' life but she wasn't ostrised for wanting to raise her children privately. I'm not sure who her husband us, I think has been married twice but may be wrong about that. Why has Harry been treated so appallingly when he essentially did the same thing.
The thing with the military uniform has absolutely disgusted me, Harry (and Andrew but we'll you know!!) Served this country for 10years, doing 2 tours of Afghanistan, putting his life on the line. I don't know why he hasn't been allowed to wear his uniform? What has that got to do with the working royal family. Others from the royal party were essentially gifted their uniform and medals and are rubbing it in Harry's face.
But it will never change, its the same as Edward and Mrs Simpson isn't it? It really is a case of the heir and the spare, but I know which I would rather be!!

Reactions: 15
She really can’t win can she? Damned whatever she does. Meghan has a beautiful resting face that naturally is upturned. If it was down turned she’s be called out for a RBF whereas Kate’s is called dignified and poignant.
I agree with many of you that Kate needs to stop with the heavy cheek makeup. She’s already lost a lot of her cheek fullness with age and looks drawn, she doesn’t need all that product. Kate’s lovely looking but desperately needs a new MUA.
I can also see people judging meghan’s tear for not wearing waterproof makeup etc but it doesn’t look like mascara ran just eyeshadow which isn’t waterproof.
The way the media pit these two women and compare them is awful. I think they both have it rough marrying into that circus and hope someday they’ll show a united front.
It’s not just the media though. I know people are going to dislike me for saying this, but it’s the general public too, on social media and places like this. For example, this is a rave thread about Harry and Meghan, so why the need to pull Kate apart for her make up as a means of saying how amazing Meghan looked? They both looked incredible.

I hate the way everyone pits both her and Meghan and also William and Harry against each other. No one wins when people do this. It’s such a shame the cousin don’t know each other. It’s such a shame the children aren’t benefiting from having aunts and uncles around them. It’s such a shame brothers don’t have the support, and nor do the sisters-in-law, considering they’re really the only other people who understand the pressure and scrutiny.

I think it’s a real shame that they felt they needed to move to America, but the coverage they’ve had this week illustrated why for me. The fact that after the Queens funeral 3/5 of the main articles on the Daily Mail we’re about Meghan was shocking. It’s so disrespectful of the Mail to make it all about Meghan, it should be about the Queen, especially as they’re probably going to say she made it all about her when she didn’t, they did! 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s not just the media though. I know people are going to dislike me for saying this, but it’s the general public too, on social media and places like this. For example, this is a rave thread about Harry and Meghan, so why the need to pull Kate apart for her make up as a means of saying how amazing Meghan looked? They both looked incredible.

I hate the way everyone pits both her and Meghan and also William and Harry against each other. No one wins when people do this. It’s such a shame the cousin don’t know each other. It’s such a shame the children aren’t benefiting from having aunts and uncles around them. It’s such a shame brothers don’t have the support, and nor do the sisters-in-law, considering they’re really the only other people who understand the pressure and scrutiny.

I think it’s a real shame that they felt they needed to move to America, but the coverage they’ve had this week illustrated why for me. The fact that after the Queens funeral 3/5 of the main articles on the Daily Mail we’re about Meghan was shocking. It’s so disrespectful of the Mail to make it all about Meghan, it should be about the Queen, especially as they’re probably going to say she made it all about her when she didn’t, they did! 🙄
i 100% agree with all of this, especially the last paragraph! They claim SHE makes it all about her in the papers. It never says “Meghan told us she’s wearing grannies earrings.” for example. THAT would be making it all about her. But instead, the press would put “a royal advisor told us that Meghan was a few minutes late.” It’s never specified who these advisors are supposedly leaking things to the press. They could be some passer by who overheard something out of context or a Chinese whisper. But I would question as to why these people are supposedly allowed to leak things to the media? Not just about Meghan but about any of them. But then the public take it as 100% fact!
I couldn’t stick it out either if you have that worry of a bad day getting out to the press, especially after what happened with Princess Diana and how the press hounded her!

Plus apparently H&M have a PR team too, which I’m sure they do like most famous people do. But so does the royal family themselves so I don’t get what the big issue with that is?

• Heart
Reactions: 9

i didn’t pick her apart. I said she’s an attractive woman who doesn’t need such harsh makeup that’s going to end up looking dated. She’s got high cheekbones and it makes her look a bit gaunt. It only came up because the haters pick on Megan’s makeup all the time and gush over kate to literally put them against each other, I’m saying neither of them are perfect. You can’t get all high and mighty we’re all on a gossip forum.

Megan haters are literally photoshopping her skin a different colour and criticising her for not being “black enough” but yeah we’re totes as bad as each other.

Moving on I think Megan’s dress was gorgeous. I love cape dresses, I have one but it’s nowhere near as fabulous as the one she wore today.

Reactions: 7

I do see the irony in what I say while also commenting on Kate’s makeup, albeit I’m really not trying to be negative, just she doesn’t need as much as her MUA places on her and I think it’s a shame.

I think a lot of good could come from the brothers and sister in laws working together and stop a lot of this media frenzy.

• Heart
This is what I mean, there are criticisms about them both which are valid but I don’t think it’s any more than the criticisms any royal would get (apart from Andrew who should get a lot more than he does.) But I think it’s easy to forget that Meghan had a lot of criticism before they decided to step back due to her background of being an actress, her race etc. Some could argue they opened themselves up to more vitriol by doing the “tell all” which is fair enough but I guess from their perspective, nothing that was said about Meghan (and Harry to an extent) wasn’t already being said about her beforehand from the media and public.

The media and a lot of the public had already reduced her to being “just an actress” as though that made her less worthy to marry a prince. Her race was already being torn apart (I remember article’s speculating if she had a nose job, as if it mattered anyway but it was discussed as though she was trying to change/hide her heritage or even how she styles her hair.) They compared Meghan and every single thing she wore was copying Diana or Kate.

I just don’t think she would have had a fighting chance if they hadn’t stepped back, nor would anything change if they left and didn’t say a word. Unfortunately, she’ll always be known as the person who took Harry away from the Royal Family and came in between two brothers (as though William and Harry can’t sort themselves out 🙄)
Absolutely. Sometimes I make the mistake of reading the replies on Twitter and there’s a narrative that the public turned on Meghan because she criticised the royal family/did the Oprah interview but the negativity and hatred were there from the beginning. The media were always racist and social media was always filled with comments about how there was “something” about Meghan people just didn’t like. She couldn’t cradle her baby bump or wear black nail polish or organise a charity cookbook without being attacked. Her speaking out about what she went through is just a convenient way for people to justify their hatred. If she was still a working royal, the haters and the nasty media stories would still be tearing her apart daily.

Absolutely. Sometimes I make the mistake of reading the replies on Twitter and there’s a narrative that the public turned on Meghan because she criticised the royal family/did the Oprah interview but the negativity and hatred were there from the beginning. The media were always racist and social media was always filled with comments about how there was “something” about Meghan people just didn’t like. She couldn’t cradle her baby bump or wear black nail polish or organise a charity cookbook without being attacked. Her speaking out about what she went through is just a convenient way for people to justify their hatred. If she was still a working royal, the haters and the nasty media stories would still be tearing her apart daily.
I think there is definitely racism to it, no doubt about it, but I also think there is a lot of “what a stupid American”… An assumption she doesn’t understand the protocols etc because she’s an American Airhead Actress.

I also think that a lot of press twist things they say to make it seem like Harry and Meghan are talking about the Royal Family, when they’re actually talking about the press.

Now that the funeral has happened, do we think Meghan and Harry will be going home soon or staying to observe the post-funeral mourning period? They do have their kids at home so I assume they will be leaving shortly

Reactions: 2
Now that the funeral has happened, do we think Meghan and Harry will be going home soon or staying to observe the post-funeral mourning period? They do have their kids at home so I assume they will be leaving shortly
The post-funeral mourning period doesn't require the Royals to do anything substantial, right?
I think they'll go back

I had a quick scroll through the DM headlines earlier and they seem weirdly nice to the pair, though of course they're still the main focus point in headlines

The DM should be closed down it's an online hatred portal! I know we are on tattle but this is small fry!

I feel for Megan and Harry, I have been wondering where their kids are as I know they are so young, do you think that they are in the US still? It must be hard for them both being away from their children and seeing all of the other kids being paraded around!

Anyway I don't get the hate at all, I never will.

Reactions: 16
All, as we keep saying this thread is a rave thread. Not somewhere to complain about another thread.

As always report any posts that go too far rather than attempting to tone police,

Thanks

Always love coming onto this thread and seeing the message at the top for us to not go onto the other thread or mention it but they can come onto here
The message has never been don't go on the other thread. It's:

This rave thread is not for criticising another thread.
If there are posts on another thread that go too far report them and we'll deal with it.
A rule of tattle is not to have a go at other posters or threads. As it gets very messy

The exact same rules apply to both threads, report if there's anyone breaking them.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.